Thailand has a new popular sensation - Hitler

Lite Beer

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure that's the point right? But saying something taksin is as bad as hitler is pla stupid and anyone saying this should be called out.

If Taksin had the power as Hitler did, I think he has the potential to be worse.

HE was born just after Hitler died and looks remarkably similar - reincarnation?. I've heard it proven that Prince Charles was mahatma Gandhi in his last life.cheesy.gifthumbsup.gif

Sure that's the point right? But saying something taksin is as bad as hitler is pla stupid and anyone saying this should be called out.

If Taksin had the power as Hitler did, I think he has the potential to be worse.

HE was born just after Hitler died and looks remarkably similar - reincarnation?. I've heard it proven that Prince Charles was mahatma Gandhi in his last life.cheesy.gifthumbsup.gif

Sorry I can't see the value of this post. Could have been? Gandhi in a past life?

Maybe the Thais to be reminded they joined the japanese who invaded their country , lost the war and in 1945 Thailand was a formal British Protectorate Governed by Earl Mountbatten.for a year... their misguided claim to have never been invaded is just not true.

Source please.

Wherever you got that information, it is wrong. After the war, England wanted Thailand to pay restitution but the US stepped in on Thailand's behalf because Thailand's ambassador to the US never handed the Declaration of War papers to the US government in 1941. Thailand kept its civilian government during Japanese occupation and was never a Protectorate under the British. http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/History/Thailand-history.htm

Clearly your education has colluded with the Thai notion of invincibility. I leave you with just a taster of the evidence available;

www.britishpathe.com/video/garden-party-in-bangkok/query/siam

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/military-parade-in-bangkok/query/siam

There are a number of films including British Military patrols in BKK, the Brits have never claimed this means much, but it was the British that transferred power within Thailand to Rama 7.

These are silent films. Is this all you have to prove that Thailand was a British Protectorate for one year after the War? Where is the head of government for Lord Mountbatten to turn over Thailand to the Thais? Did British Pathe' not film such a momentous occasion? His Majesty was head of State and would not be the one turn over power to. If you are getting your history from silent films, you can infer whatever you want. Inference is not fact. I have looked at Louis Mountbatten't biographical data and nowhere does it say he presided over Thailand. I have read, extensively since your ridiculous claim, Thailand's history immediately after the War and there is zero reference to British occupation, or Protectorate status, of Thailand. Here is what you posted, "in 1945 Thailand was a formal British Protectorate Governed by Earl Mountbatten.for a year." Have you shown ANY proof of that claim? No, you haven't. You have a problem admitting you are full of s***. I understand that; a lot of people do. But, until you can cite a written, reputable history reference, I will consider you as unreliable.

To address the OP. Why should Thais, or any Asian, be aware of who the evil icons of the West are? Are Westerners knowledgeable of the evil Icons of the Orient? I think not. Westerners can be unintentionally offensive in Thailand as easily as some Thais' behavior can be offensive to Westerner. The big difference is: This is Thailand and Thais are allowed to be any way they want within the confines of Thai mores. They are not wearing Hitler regalia in the West or opening Hitler Chicken restaurants in the West. I understand that a member of the British Royal family, who should know better, wore a full Nazi military uniform to a party (Prince Harry). Most have forgiven him and moved on with their lives. Let Thais be Thais and express their Thainess any way they choose. I won't go to your house and criticize what you wear at home to your face. If I don't like it, I don't have to go to your house. I am free, though, to talk behind your back that you dress funny. Tolerance is a virtue; tolerance of others in their own country is essential. Relatively few people alive today suffered directly from Hitler and for most, his name has lost its punch because so many, less evil people, have been compared to him. His brand is watered down.

• Like 1

To address the OP. Why should Thais, or any Asian, be aware of who the evil icons of the West are? Are Westerners knowledgeable of the evil Icons of the Orient? I think not. Westerners can be unintentionally offensive in Thailand as easily as some Thais' behavior can be offensive to Westerner. The big difference is: This is Thailand and Thais are allowed to be any way they want within the confines of Thai mores. They are not wearing Hitler regalia in the West or opening Hitler Chicken restaurants in the West. I understand that a member of the British Royal family, who should know better, wore a full Nazi military uniform to a party (Prince Harry). Most have forgiven him and moved on with their lives. Let Thais be Thais and express their Thainess any way they choose. I won't go to your house and criticize what you wear at home to your face. If I don't like it, I don't have to go to your house. I am free, though, to talk behind your back that you dress funny. Tolerance is a virtue; tolerance of others in their own country is essential. Relatively few people alive today suffered directly from Hitler and for most, his name has lost its punch because so many, less evil people, have been compared to him. His brand is watered down.

Sorry but this is rubbish. Hitler wasn't an 'evil person of the west'. He was one of the most evil men in the history of mankind. If there was an equivalent who lived in Asia I'm sure we would have even taught about the too. Unless I'm wrong in which case feel free to name names and test me. Edited by wellred

Sorry but this is rubbish. Hitler wasn't an 'evil person of the west'. He was one of the most evil men in the history of mankind. If there was an equivalent who lived in Asia I'm sure we would have even taught about the too. Unless I'm wrong in which case feel free to name names and test me.

You may be well-educated but do you think most Westerners have your Asia knowledge? You are no doubt educated in a fine, Western school. Thai educational standards are not quite so high. They are lucky to get the three Rs. Hitler never impacted any of these people nor their parents or grandparents, so why should they care? Maybe we just have different philosophies on what other cultures are allowed to do in their own countries.

Sorry but this is rubbish. Hitler wasn't an 'evil person of the west'. He was one of the most evil men in the history of mankind. If there was an equivalent who lived in Asia I'm sure we would have even taught about the too. Unless I'm wrong in which case feel free to name names and test me.

You may be well-educated but do you think most Westerners have your Asia knowledge? You are no doubt educated in a fine, Western school. Thai educational standards are not quite so high. They are lucky to get the three Rs. Hitler never impacted any of these people nor their parents or grandparents, so why should they care? Maybe we just have different philosophies on what other cultures are allowed to do in their own countries.

Wait a minute, are you saying Hitler had no impact on the development of Thailand in 40s or are you jesting? His allies annexed parts of Thailand which created a rebellion of sorts where the PM actually sent 30 000 troops to fend off the invaders, which evidently failed.

So inadvertently, although not directly by his troops but by his allies he did had an impact on Thailand.

Also ask your Thai friends if they can mention who was the evil person of east without naming a political figure.

But surely Nazi's are back in fashion now! After all the Obama administration have spent $5 billion dollars to overthrow a democratically elected government in Ukraine and installed an unelected government with Nazi's controlling 30% of the ministries! It's about time people got with the program!

Wait a minute, are you saying Hitler had no impact on the development of Thailand in 40s or are you jesting? His allies annexed parts of Thailand which created a rebellion of sorts where the PM actually sent 30 000 troops to fend off the invaders, which evidently failed.

So inadvertently, although not directly by his troops but by his allies he did had an impact on Thailand.

Also ask your Thai friends if they can mention who was the evil person of east without naming a political figure.

Yes. i'm flat out saying that Hitler had no impact on the development ()whatever that means) of Thaland in the 40s and I am not jesting. Hitler was pretty busy in the 1940s with England, the US, and Russia to be even thinking about Thailand. Hitler's allies ain't Hitler. None of the Japanese campaigns nor any policy was directed by Hitler. Hitler did not have any effect on Asia. The Japanese did and have a terrible effect on Asia and they didn't do anything because of Hitler. They didn't bomb Pearl Harbor because of Hitler or attack anywhere to even help Hitler. There was zero coordination of Japan and German forces or strategy. Name a policy of Hitler's that had any effect on Thailand. You can't because Hitler didn't effect Thailand; Japan did, Japan ain't Germany.

I quote you, "His allies (which one Italy or Japan?) annexed parts (which parts?) of Thailand which created a rebellion of sorts (who rebelled?) where the PM (whose PM? Name?) actually sent 30 000 troops (from what army?) to fend off the invaders (who invaded whom?), which evidently failed" Evidently your are clear as mud and don't have the slightest idea what you are writing about. This is what happens when students sleep during history class LOL

You are 100% wrong to claim anyone annexed any part of Thailand during WW2 and the rest of your post is incomprehensible. In any case, why can't you produce any links to validate your ridiculous post?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One has to question how this popular sensation has taken off, do these youngsters really know who , what or why about Hitler, supporting , promoting this evil person has to be discouraged, with the standard of education in Thailand , they all probably think Hitler is the current leader of some country, generally these sort of events are public denounced by the leaders of the country concerned , not much action from the leaders of Thailand , this includes the Major opposition party ,the democrats, the silence is deafening bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif width=19 alt=bah.gif>

I have no doubt that these kids likely do not know who Adolph Hiltler was and the evil he purpotrated on this planet, it is just like a fad a number of years back when the kids were wearing Che Guevara T shirts and mud flaps on their trucks, back then the thai kids wearing the Tshirts had no idea that Che was a homocidal maniac, it was just the cool thing to do! In the U.S. from time to time you will see Charles Manson Tshirts being worn by some kids, these kids are likely wearing the Charles Manson T shirts to be rebellious, they certainly don't revere him, same thing like with this Hitler or Che thing. Now when these kids start wearing Obama t shirts then you really need to start worrying laugh.png

• Like 1

Hold on, hold on.

The Thais who are doing this Hitler crap obviously have no idea about what happened during World War Two. Off-course, it's not their intent to cause offence.

Now, we get people who mock political correctness, and go on about how people should see things as a laugh and harmless fun. Let's get real, Thais are not actually supporting Nazism or Hitler, they mean no harm at all.

Let's have consistency. If people say something that is offensive or wrong, well, should they be banned and condemned ? Yes, we are offended by the ridiculous Hitler crap that Thai youngsters are into. It might be the case that other people are offended by some of the stuff we do and say.

Who is the judge in deciding what is offensive and what is harmless fun ? How about we accept, that if enough people regard anything as offensive, then, it should be banned and condemned. OR, we accept that anybody who says anything, as long as they didn't mean to attack anybody, well, it's okay, it's their freedom of expression.

The question is, why don't Thai people learn about the Nazis?

The question is why don't European people learn about Puyi and Manchukuo?

• Like 1

I just don't get it. Do Thai's not know he was a very extreme white supremest. He would not think of Thai's a human.

The quality of education in Thailand is the lowest of any ASEAN country. From a country the teaches their children that Thailand has never been occupied, what is there really to expect. With teachers that practise slapping and beating their student with bamboo sticks. From a country where the world news on tv or media has no intetest, where soaps is the highest form of entertainment. No wonder the youngsters run around with Hitler on their T shirts, they have probably never been thought who Hitler was or what he did.

@rametindallas

Here's one of the links: http://www.desertwar.net/japanese-invasion-of-thailand.html

And here is another: http://countrystudies.us/thailand/21.htm

I love it how you twist it. Now if the Thais did have their own Hitler, what would their reaction be if I dressed up like him in my own country, prancing around and making franchises out of it?

Edited by maxme

@rametindallas

Here's one of the links: http://www.desertwar.net/japanese-invasion-of-thailand.html

I love it how you twist it. Now if the Thais did have their own Hitler, what would their reaction be if I dressed up like him in my own country, prancing around and making franchises out of it?

Actually, Thailand does have its own Hitler. He's known as Thaksin.

@rametindallas

Actually, Thailand does have its own Hitler. He's known as Thaksin.

Don´t be absurd.

@rametindallas

Not one Hitler reference in the bunch. You are full of yourself if you think those links answer any of my questions about your questionable post. People talk about the deficit in Thai education but you are proof of the deficits in Western education. Stop making up history!

• Like 1

@rametindallas

Not one Hitler reference in the bunch. You are full of yourself if you think those links answer any of my questions about your questionable post. People talk about the deficit in Thai education but you are proof of the deficits in Western education. Stop making up history!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Re-read my posts. You really got some sort of a mental issue going on, throwing remarks insults like that but that's usually the case with deluded people who cannot conduct civilized conversations with other people.

Your statements lack credibility, objectivity (that goes for the rest if them in regards to your support for the prdc) and you definitely lack manners. All these traits molds you to a sorrowful figure, best left alone with his delusions and paranoia.

Edited by maxme

@rametindallas

Re-read my posts. You really got some sort of a mental issue going on, throwing remarks insults like that but that's usually the case with deluded people who cannot conduct civilized conversations with other people.

Your statements lack credibility, objectivity (that goes for the rest if them in regards to your support for the prdc) and you definitely lack manners. All these traits molds you to a sorrowful figure, best left alone with his delusions and paranoia.

Bye.

@rametindallas

Bye.

Bye, bye now.