Translation service, near Australian Embassy, Bangkok

mikemac

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good translation service handy to the Australian Embassy in Bangkok ? I have to go to the Embassy next month and I am told there are some translation business not far from the Embassy. Need docs translated from English to Thai.

Found heaps of links on Google but some of them were very old, out of date.

Thanks

What are you translating? If its for citizenship passport visa etc, you will need to get the documents translated then stamped for authentication form the department of foreign arrears in the government complex cheang wattana they also have a translation service inside the government complex.

@ RakJungTorlae, Stat dec so I can get married.

Apparently once I have the stat dec translated I take it to Department of Consular Affairs, Changwattana Road, Laksi, as you said, and have it certified.

Edited by mikemac

Not sure what's close to your Embassy, but I'm in the process of using these folks:

Language Lovers’ Translation Centre Services Co.,Ltd.

93/1 GPF Tower B, 1st Floor
Wireless Road, Bangkok, 10330
Translation fee: 400 Baht
Just next door to the US Embassy nearby Ploen Chit BTS, they'll get it translated for you and for another 1000 Baht they will even get you sorted out on Chang Wattana.. If you want to forgo that fun and frivolity.
Good luck!

I used a place in Wave Place at Ploenchit BTS for my marriage stat dec earlier this year. They have the form (standard Aus marriage stat dec) already translated so just need to translate the names, etc.

Also, with getting the translation certified at the Dept. Consular Affairs, get there before 11am and get an express certification so you can pick it up in the afternoon, otherwise you'll need to go back a couple of days later.

Thanks for the responses 715 and whybother.

I actually went through this once before, about seven years ago and I was a bit worried they may have changed the procedure. Would be prepared to pay 1,000 baht to have the Dept of Consular Affairs business sorted out for me, as I remember that was a pain and it probably cost that much or more in taxi fares and the certification fee.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out.

If I may pile on.....there is a translation service just up the road across from Lumpini Park. Leave the Embassy going towards Lumpini Park and it's on the right hand side near the pedestrian overpass. There's another one on Saladaeng just before or after Bangkok Burger Co. Good luck!

Sorry for the late reply also..

In the Thai Wah building which is just down from the Australian Embassy there's a travel agent on the 3rd floor who does translations, they'll also do the MFA stuff for you as well.

THB1200 for what you need done. Turn around is about 3-5 days.

I've used them a couple of times and happy with their work.

Sorry for the late reply also..

In the Thai Wah building which is just down from the Australian Embassy there's a travel agent on the 3rd floor who does translations, they'll also do the MFA stuff for you as well.

THB1200 for what you need done. Turn around is about 3-5 days.

I've used them a couple of times and happy with their work.

In this case the OP is looking for the translation of their marriage stat dec, which took the place that I used less than hour. They had the standard stat dec's for various countries already translated and just needed to translate the names and addresses.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks again for all the replies, I do appreciate your help.

@ whybother - Could you give me more info about the place you went to at Wave Place ? The name of the company, address, phone number perhaps ? Did you still have to go to the Embassy ? I think last time I went through this all the Embassy did was issue me with a stat dec, for about $20 or $30. And what paperwork did you have to produce other than your passport ?

Thanks in advance....................

Thanks again for all the replies, I do appreciate your help.

@ whybother - Could you give me more info about the place you went to at Wave Place ? The name of the company, address, phone number perhaps ? Did you still have to go to the Embassy ? I think last time I went through this all the Embassy did was issue me with a stat dec, for about $20 or $30. And what paperwork did you have to produce other than your passport ?

Thanks in advance....................

I don't have the details of where I went, but if you go into Wave Place from the BTS (Ploenchit) walkway, it's on your right just as you pass the entrance to Home Pro.

This is the stat dec they sent me in Jan, but they also said that this is available at the embassy (just in case this is out of date, which it shouldn't be).

Marriage Stat Dec 2010.pdf.pdf

Here are the details from the embassy website: http://www.thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Consular_P4.html

What steps do I need to follow to marry legally in Thailand?

It is a Thai Government requirement that steps 1- 3 must be completed in Bangkok

Step 1: Statutory declaration and Death/Divorce Certificates

All Australians marrying in Thailand must complete a pro-forma Statutory Declaration. It is a Thai government requirement that this be completed at the Australian Embassy in Bangkok (it cannot be done in Australia, elsewhere in Thailand, another Embassy, or online). Under the Australian Consular Fees Act a fee of AUD $20 per document.***.

If previously married, an original divorce or death certificate must be provided to the Embassy and also to the Thai authorities to prove you are no longer married. The Embassy in Bangkok can certify your original documents. A fee for certification is payable for this service AUD $30 per document***.

***Fees: The above fees are payable in Thai Baht cash. The fee is linked to the AUD/THB exchange rate and is re-aligned each month. For current THB fee information please contact the Consular Services Section by phone or e-mail [email protected].

Step 2: Translation

You must have your documents translated into Thai at a private translation agency. There are many in Bangkok who can do this in one or two working days. Fees vary. The Australian Embassy cannot recommend any particular translation agency.

Step 3: Certification by Thai Department of Consular Affairs

After the documents have been translated they must be authenticated by Thai authorities. This takes 2 working days and a fee is payable. For information on this service you should contact:

Legalisation Division, Department of Consular Affairs

3rd floor, 123 Moo 3, Changwattana Road

Kwang Toong Son Hong, Khet Laksi

Bangkok

Tel. 02 575 1056-9

Step 4: Marriage at the Amphur Office

When you have completed the above requirements, you should visit any District Office (Amphur) to formally register your marriage. You may wish to take an interpreter to facilitate communication with the Amphur officials. You may need to make an appointment before proceeding to the Amphur. If you are marrying at a resort location, your celebrant or wedding planner will be able to advise you on the location of the nearest Amphur office.

Thanks whybother,

I did some searching on Google and I think I found the place you referred to at Wave Place, as follows -

WAVE PLACE
55 WIRELESS RD.

Ploenchit Translation Services Co Ltd

1st Floor, Wave Place, BTS Ploen Chit, Ploen Chit Road, Pathum Wan,
Central Bangkok (CBD), Bangkok, 10330
026 553 916

Just in case someone else is looking for it.

The stat dec was handy too, now I know what info I need to fill it out, would hate to rock up there missing something.

Thanks again mate...............................................