Snakes in Hua Hin

Seashore

Nice photo,,, but isn´t that the usual 2 meters Python..... Why is folks always thinking that there is more

meters to the snakes, than it really is? Maybe the respect and the fear of the snake makes people to wrongly

calculate..

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

he had that "dont mess with me, i am 4 metres and as thick as your leg" look in his little eyes biggrin.png

i am 1.90m and if we had laid side by side on soi 102 he would have been a lot longer than me for sure.... i asked one of the guys who was there how long he was, and he estimated 12 feet

maybe i am exaggerating a little (i had had a few beers when i saw him) but he was big enough for sure, and he drew quite a crowd of thais who seemed to be impressed by his size

i have been here 2 and a half years and he is the biggest snake i have seen.... maybe i am too much of a city boy smile.png

look at this beauty some guys caught in soi 102 the other day!! it was later released into the mountains

not too sure on how to attach photos, but hopefully this works (it was a 4 m python if the photo isnt attached)

Hua_Hin_May_June_2013_333.jpg

Gosh, you must be very brave.

The green tree viper is a small snake and it is deadly, there is another green snake that looks much the same, and harmless. My wife says that I should leave the green snakes alone or I will die!

The Viper has an arrow head shaped head and is deadly, whilst the round shaped head ones as harmless.

Win facepalm.gif

6 snakes per day in Hua-Hin in an urban area? You must have midnight hallucinations

Unless, of course, those snakes wore sunglasses and mini-skirts. Rumor has it, that the latter are more dangerous to Farangs, than the type of snake that only looks for mice and rats in the garden. Probably just a rumor.

Cheers.

Looks like the guy from the squealing pig. The other day driving home up soi 88, I saw a massive snake (must have been a similar size) slithering across the road. There's loads of bushes and fields there, I guess that's where they come from. I have seen one small green one at home, I asked the neighbour's gardener to come and move it but it had already hidden out of reach by that time underneath the water pump somewhere, so I just left it. The neighbour also said that small headed snakes are not to be messed with, at least that's the rule of thumb in Oz where he lives.

Used to see a couple of monitor lizards crossing the road in Hua Hin and Cha-am, however I've not seen one of those for a while.

Thanks for all the sensible feed back on snakes. I think I will just stay out of the way of all that I see.

I can well believe the 6 per day, on average we have at least 2-3 in our village, and have had many in our garden as the properties next door are empty and they can get underneath too breed. I have it on good authority (mainly the 80 year old gardener) that the green ones as with ALL SNAKES are all venomous but as to what degree he couldn't explain< Most are either Rat Snakes or a green tree snake, however he has found several small cobra,s.

Four years ago there was 2 deaths in the village just off soi 112 with a deep bite from a Malayan Pit Viper a dog and an old lady in the same house. So do what most people do and give them as wide a berth as they give us.

Looks like the guy from the squealing pig. The other day driving home up soi 88, I saw a massive snake (must have been a similar size) slithering across the road. There's loads of bushes and fields there, I guess that's where they come from. I have seen one small green one at home, I asked the neighbour's gardener to come and move it but it had already hidden out of reach by that time underneath the water pump somewhere, so I just left it. The neighbour also said that small headed snakes are not to be messed with, at least that's the rule of thumb in Oz where he lives.

Used to see a couple of monitor lizards crossing the road in Hua Hin and Cha-am, however I've not seen one of those for a while.

The deadliest snake in the world is the one that just bit you.

If you do not know anything about snakes the best course of action is to assume it is deadly and handle with extreme care.

Speaking from an Aussie who grew up around Tiger and Brown snakes in rural Aus lol. last thing you want is someone to mis-dianogise a snake and assume it is harmless when it is not lol.