Truevisions "Disney" hack it

sidelines

You would think that Truevisions would have upped their game to hold onto what customers they have after losing the EPL football, but no.

They announced via an English press release in April that they were introducing 11 new standard definition channels, including "Disney (Thailand) Channel in July", for Gold Package subscribers.

At the time I was considering whether or not to stick with them, given the loss of the English football, and with young children thought I may as well wait the few months to see what the Disney (Thailand) Channel lineup was like.

I was informed that "in July" was actually July 1 but that date came and went and zip.

So today I phoned and was told that the introduction of Disney Channel "has been delayed by contractual problems" until September.

When I told the rep on the phone that the lineup for the Gold Package on their website included Disney Channel she gayly told me that it was available "technically".

On passing on the news to my five-year-old who was hoping beyond hope to watch "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" which is airing on Disney Channel as I write this, she summed up TrueVisions far better that I could..."Daddy, they are evil."

• Like 2

Okay so TRUEVISION

is not worth a "pinch of...." seems much like cable provider, WETV in Chiang Mai. Yes it is fairly cheap but considering the number of REPEATS of shows year in and year out, it ought to be cheap.

Worst part of WE-TV "Worst Ever Television" however, is the number of times one or two or EVERY Channel they "provide" goes OFF AIR! The so called service may be down for hours or a whole night and if you manage to get them on the phone, they simply say that they are making adjustments. OMG...WETV MUST be the most ADJUSTED Cable TV in the world! Then of course they have a habit of switching certain programmes from the regular channel to another channel, not worrying about placing a crawl or other notification on the screen.

I know.... If I don't like it, I can stop paying.... trouble is there don't seem to be too many options. Or are there?????

WE TV 2 months ago they took away a movie channel for Korean dancing but last week we got it back. Did we gain anything no now they took away the Sci-Fi channel.

Hi elgordo38, They did not take SYFY channel off, just moved it to channel 45?

Dont know why does not make sense,they had it next to Universal channel ,which

was 13 on my tv, I had all the English channels grouped together now its spoiled

they way I had it, will move to CTH which has same channels and lot more for not

much more money and I believe a better picture.

regards Worgeordie

I sit in Isaan in the middle of now where, so do I have a second possibility a provider with same much English Movie and Information channels and Motorsport and UFC-fighting, MMA and Boxing than True Move?

T my knowledge not, so I have to stick with it.

By the way -sidelines- that 2 Disney channels come for 180 Baht + in the month.

Is that a real problem? You call and you have them in few minutes, just pay the 180.- Baht. tongue.png

Edited by ALFREDO

You miss the point, Alfredo. Truevisions advertised in April, and still claim on their website, that Disney Thailand would be available to Gold Package subscribers on July 1. Why, in that case, should I fork out 180 baht when I was told it was going to be free in two months. Also 180 baht is a big deal over and above the 1750 + baht I pay already.

You miss the point, Alfredo. Truevisions advertised in April, and still claim on their website, that Disney Thailand would be available to Gold Package subscribers on July 1. Why, in that case, should I fork out 180 baht when I was told it was going to be free in two months. Also 180 baht is a big deal over and above the 1750 + baht I pay already.

I can see the point you're making about True, they're ordinary at best.

But then you ask why you should fork out an extra 180 Baht per month.

How about for your 5 year old who wants to watch Disney?

Surely 45 Baht per week ain't going to make or break you?

Regards

Will

A very poor argument.

If I forked out an extra 45 baht a week for everything my daughter would like in life, everything my wife would like in life and everything i would like in life, I would be penniless.

My daughter watches cartoons - including Disney material - on TV, on DVD, on youtube, you name it. Disney Thailand, free, would be a good add on but no I am not paying for it. Same as I am not paying extra for the BBC package etc.

The whole point of the post was the ordinariness of Truevisions service especially at a time when many of their customers must be looking elsewhere, with the loss of the EPL. The debate seems to have turned into my perceived stinginess, which I should have seen coming.

• 2 weeks later...

Disney Pack FEE is 170.- Baht, for Gold and 100.- B. for PLATINUM subscribers including Gold Pack

and including, the renting fee for equipment, I pay about 1.780.- Baht including - Disney Pack.

http://www.truevisionstv.com/package.aspx?id=38

About same you, but including Disney.blink.png

What TRUE advertise has not to be the law,wink.png they can change their mind. tongue.png

A very poor argument.

If I forked out an extra 45 baht a week for everything my daughter would like in life, everything my wife would like in life and everything i would like in life, I would be penniless.

My daughter watches cartoons - including Disney material - on TV, on DVD, on youtube, you name it. Disney Thailand, free, would be a good add on but no I am not paying for it. Same as I am not paying extra for the BBC package etc.

The whole point of the post was the ordinariness of Truevisions service especially at a time when many of their customers must be looking elsewhere, with the loss of the EPL. The debate seems to have turned into my perceived stinginess, which I should have seen coming.

Can help with Disney, but just dowload UKTV and you get 6 channels free including BBC1 and 2

There is enough free content online to keep you happy for years. Why o we need cable??

-kurnell-, -bangkokrick-

Not all live in Bangkok or a bigger city.wink.png

Cable? No have here anyway.

Online? Is slow and if faster possible, TRUE 3G+ H, expensive when you Download a bit faster, to much ! Much is with them not even really much ! blink.png

That why I need True Satellite dish package.

Edited by ALFREDO

I have the Platinum package and was/am? paying extra for Disney, but for some reason I didn't understand and never bothered to check up on ...Disney channel has been blocked lately. I just checked again now, and it is still blocked. So maybe they lost Disney totally, and I will have to find out if I am still paying for it, my guess is yes!