"Plasti Dip" your ride !

Anybody ever heard of PLASTI DIP ?
If not, check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FchIWF8Vi2Y or http://kkautodip.com/

but there are many other shops in thailand who sell them too.

end result after 2 hours:

post-108675-0-37326300-1373818038_thumb.

Yes I know, weird color neon green, but as was bored today,

got some plasti dip and figured it would be nice to try it out (as I love gadgets and such.)

Should last at least (if applied properly) for a few years.

Anyways, thought if some of you folks wanna change the color of your car (or parts of it),

you can now safely try it out with plasti dip, it's like fast drying liquid rubber spray smile.png

cheers biggrin.png

ps. click pic for bigger view and sorry for quality of my phonecamera lol, will add better one tmr smile.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen it here used in small amounts, on wheels such as in the pic. And how many baht is one can of the stuff? Utube vids say you need 4 cans or so to do a set of wheels. Just wonder about the longevity of the stuff and if it's scratch resistant.

I find it quite cool. Especially if ones rims are well worn out anyway and the alternative would be new ones. That said I guess one could also just use normal paint? What is the actual difference?

As for color - one does not have to pick screaming pink - but to each their own! :)

Cheers!

Hey ****Flame removed****, I did not ask for opinions...

Only wanted to share this product with the car community here.

Guess I found out now where not to share tips anymore tongue.png

It has it's uses but I don't think this is one of them IMO, but to each his own. I use it quite often for finishing, protecting and insulating parts on my race cars and some tools but not for accenting anything..

I find it quite cool. Especially if ones rims are well worn out anyway and the alternative would be new ones. That said I guess one could also just use normal paint? What is the actual difference?

As for color - one does not have to pick screaming pink - but to each their own! smile.png

Cheers!

In Thailand it's very inexpensive to have your rims reconditioned and it looks as good as new for the most part.

That said I guess one could also just use normal paint? What is the actual difference?

Believe that this is a lot easier.

And can also be removed a lot easier should you wake up in a few days and realize you've done your rims in green.

I am also tempted to spray my wheels matt black, Ranger Wildtrack, chill orange. Easy to peel off if result no good as OP'sbiggrin.png .

So how much is a can?

I have a facebook contact who uses this stuff, I'll try to find out.

I am also tempted to spray my wheels matt black, Ranger Wildtrack, chill orange. Easy to peel off if result no good as OP'sbiggrin.png .

So how much is a can?

Update I was told:

850bath for one can , if your wheels 15-16'' use 2 cans ,17-18'' use 3 cans

Update I was told:

OK thanks, no too bad.

I guess the wheels have too come off in order to get a good result but the tires can stay on.

Update I was told:

OK thanks, no too bad.

I guess the wheels have too come off in order to get a good result but the tires can stay on.

There's a few videos about this on the net....about how to apply it.

So how much is a can?

Update I was told:

Christ at that price it is cheaper to have them powder coated.

So how much is a can?

Update I was told:

Hehe, maybe they use crushed emeralds to make it green ;)

So how much is a can?

Update I was told:

The cost would be similar or a bit cheaper than refurbishing 4 wheels. At least with plastic you can peel it off any time.

Update I was told:

850bath for one can , if your wheels 15-16'' use 2 cans ,17-18'' use 3 cans[/size]

The cost would be similar or a bit cheaper than refurbishing 4 wheels. At least with plastic you can peel it off any time.

If I was going to the expense of refurbishing my wheels why would I want to pay for a product that is easily removable ?

Anybody ever heard of PLASTI DIP ?

If not, check out:

or http://kkautodip.com/

but there are many other shops in thailand who sell them too.

end result after 2 hours:

dipped.jpg

Yes I know, weird color neon green, but as was bored today,

got some plasti dip and figured it would be nice to try it out (as I love gadgets and such.)

Should last at least (if applied properly) for a few years.

Anyways, thought if some of you folks wanna change the color of your car (or parts of it),

you can now safely try it out with plasti dip, it's like fast drying liquid rubber spray Posted Image

cheers Posted Image

ps. click pic for bigger view and sorry for quality of my phonecamera lol, will add better one tmr Posted Image

Got a can of plasti dip tinting spray from the USA recently, peels off when it is no longer Needed!!

So how much is a can?

Update I was told:

To my knowledge you can't powder coat aluminium as it's not magnetic. Powder coating charges the metal first and uses electric charge to attract and hold the material..