Balloon Ride From Ripleys

udonthani1

Erm.. I wouldn't call it a ballon 'ride'. The thing is secured by about 20 wire ropes and has zero lateral movement. Simply up a few feet, then down.

not my impression, it moves a lot from side to side in the wind if my eyes arent mistaken
Oh wow.. well worth 1k then.
yes, see the video above. looks fun to me, also I could see it from Jomtien above pratumnak Hill today, so it goes quite a lot higher then that. Up to people to count their pennies, but no need to belittle it if you cant afford it.

555555555555555555555 That is hilarious video.

When I saw this post and recently seen the commercials on PPTV I thought to myself "hmmmm all these years and I have never seen this ballon over Pattaya". Now I know why 5555555

I agree with the post that said go up the mountain here its a nice view.

I agree with the post that said go up the mountain here its a nice view.

better be quick, they are working 24h a day to block the view from the hill with strategically placed new apartment blocks

Yeah, I really hate the Cheap Charlies. People that have to live on a budget, shouldnt be allowed in Pattaya! Its a disgrace to us that pretend to have a lot of money. I think everyone should go up in that stupid balloon, and stop complaning. Im sure it worth every baht that they ask for! Can we give them a tip also?

There's a difference between being frugal and poo-pooing everything that I can't afford.

I'd love to fly to Russia and take an hour long flight in a MIG. But I choose to spend my money on frivolities like food, rent, and medicine. I wish I had a pile that I could spend on a MIG ride, but I don't.

I won't claim it's about the crappy service on Aeroflot, the rudeness of Russians, the fricking cold weather, the $30,000 it would cost, or the fact that the MIGs are not the latest and greatest. It's just not how I choose to spend my time off and my money. And I freely admit I have a twinge of envy for the folks that have the time and the bucks to fly in a MIG (and pay their rent in the same month).

I probably won't ride the balloon in Pattaya, either. I simply choose to spend my money on other frivolities. It's not because it sucks, or because it's too expensive or because I can get an (arguably) comparable view for free. It actually looks like fun.

And if they provided a good service, I'd probably tip them, too.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1