PM threatens legal action against spoiled rice rumour-mongers

Lite Beer

PM threatens legal action against spoiled rice rumour-mongers
By English News

13738690107943-640x390x2.jpg

MAHA SARAKHAM, July 15 - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra asked the public to stop passing on rumours about so-called contaminated rice packages on social media sites or words of mouth, warning that legal action will be taken against those who do not cooperate.

Ms Yingluck said the rumours will cause confusion and may affect the country's credibility, for rice farming is the main occupation and mainstay of the Thai people, while Thai rice has until now been internationally accepted and well-known.

She said all parties should cooperate to create confidence among consumers and urged the public not to jump to conclusions that all Thai pre-packaged rice has contaminating substances, or that all rice companies have problems with the packaging process.

If there are any problems, a check and verification is needed at whatever specific location where the alleged contaminated rice incident occurs, she said.

"Rumours must be checked, for sometimes mistakes don't happen in the production processes at factories, but rather from small matters such as when there's a leak in a rice package," Ms Yingluck said.

If rumours still continue, legal action may be taken against those who spread them, for many entrepreneurs have come out to assert that their rice packing process has not been compromised leading to contaminating as accused, and the government must provide them justice. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-07-15

When the PM refers to 'mistakes may happen from small matters' she seems to try to play down the issue. It's almost as if she suggests "it's not really that bad, just a little bit"

She's threatening to sue people who suggest in conversation that some rice might be contaminated?

Maybe introduce some sort of lèse récolte Law where pretty much anyone can create legal and social headaches against anyone else merely by merely inferring that that person's statements might be construed as critical in some fashion or another to the country's rice export industry??

Is she nuts?

I think she is quite attractive, would like to get my hands on her assets.

As for the rice, I thought the contamination reports were a cover to prepare the way for them destroying all the rice that never existed apart from in the dodgy account books.

Really? I'd love to shove my foot up her 'asset' rather than thinking of the aging Chinese botox injected bimbo as any sort of sex object.
  • Like 1

She said all parties should cooperate to create confidence among consumers and urged the public not to jump to conclusions that all Thai pre-packaged rice has contaminating substances, or that all rice companies have problems with the packaging process.

If there are any problems, a check and verification is needed at whatever specific location where the alleged contaminated rice incident occurs, she said.

"Rumours must be checked, for sometimes mistakes don't happen in the production processes at factories, but rather from small matters such as when there's a leak in a rice package," Ms Yingluck said.

If I was a rice trader I would be holding my head in my if this was the best they could come up with to help..

We are going to have to do photo shots with a serious face, maybe add a swagger stick and possibly complete the woardrobe to include a black tailored pant suit, with knee high riding boots. Be consistent and impiliment a smilar dress code for the Deputy PM's who are also issuing threats to the rank and file.

Instead of 'ice cream gang' they can adapt a new monitker, "kick arse club".

As for the rice, I thought the contamination reports were a cover to prepare the way for them destroying all the rice that never existed apart from in the dodgy account books.

Really? I'd love to shove my foot up her 'asset' rather than thinking of the aging Chinese botox injected bimbo as any sort of sex object.

She'll sue!

Aging? How very dare you. Don't you read anything her spokesperson says? Yingluck is getting younger every day not older.

she reminds me of a clone of her brother with long hair....so one assumes you find her brother quite attractive then ?...so maybe Thaksin in a wig, suspenders and knee high black patent leather high heeled boots does something for you ?...sad.png......giggle.gif

she reminds me of a clone of her brother with long hair....so one assumes you find her brother quite attractive then ?...so maybe Thaksin in a wig, suspenders and knee high black patent leather high heeled boots does something for you ?...sad.png......giggle.gif

His assets could certainly do something for me.

I personally know a member of the student protest movement of 1992, who is fiercely anti-Yingluck and red shirts and who resides abroad. Every single day he posts news about Yingluck, Thaksin etc. and 100% negative. No matter what Yingluck says, there is nothing she can do to prosecute people such as this friend of mine, as he resides abroad. There are many other people like him, so nice try Yingluck, but you won't get far...

• Like 1

Damn !!!! Even I did not think of that one...