Mae Hong Son Border patrol police confiscates over 100,000 war weapons

webfact

Is a bullet a weapon?

what a loaded question!!!!!!!!!!! But one that isn't much worth asking except to question somebody else's reporting. If you must have an answer then since it a bullet is a critical component of a weapon, then it does qualify as a weapon. By the way, Why do you ask????????????

Really, bullets without guns, are not that scary. When was the last time someone pointed a bullet at you and it made you afraid?

walking the street, came to a young cambodian boy who was repeatedly hitting the larger caliber rifle bullet around the crimping with a heavy piece of metal trying to extract the actual projectile from the live viable case. yes i was afraid. not sure it was pointing at me but it was close by. protested to him quickly, others nearby came who then admonished him in khmer . he then looked embarrassed and stopped the bullet assault. .think he was trying to get the metal projectile to sell it. strange he didnt just try to sell the bullet. stray viable bullets were commonly around then.

Really, bullets without guns, are not that scary. When was the last time someone pointed a bullet at you and it made you afraid?

But....... Don't you think......... 'Where there is smoke, there is fire' and 'where there are bullets there are guns' with few exceptions

mr policeman found some more lucrative ways to spice his bank accounts

for how many years would this be ? and his friends are probably border patrol, so free access pass

on the way back, he might bring it lets say... 100 kg of heroin, 1.000.000 yaba tablets

which border check point in mae hong son can you drive a vehicle across? didnt even know crossing existed there. cant determine which way the vehicle actually was to cross, or it did cross and was then apprehended?

my guess is the stuff was going from thai to myanmar. which would be not PC at all, so strange how this got into the news. interesting to follow the supply chain back to the manufacturer no doubt. you wont ever see that in the press though.

There is a good road between Mae Aw (Baan Rak Thai) and the nearby Burmese town that locals use. There are also several more primitive roads in the region.

I doubt that checkpoint is open, at least officially. Even so, whatever the situation, vehicles can't be driven across. No amount of bribes given to the Thai military will change that although strangely, this doesn't necessarily apply to goods - they can be traded but Thai vehicles have to stay in Thailand, whilst Myanmar vehicles stay in Myanmar.

Why would they need to drive across how about carrying small amounts across on foot in backpacks the way it has been done for years.

ohhhh come on guys don't you know this shipment was for a second assassination attempt on that politicians

life (The sam missiles ) were for the bullet proof glass on his mpv every 1 knows that derrrrrrrrrrr cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

which border check point in mae hong son can you drive a vehicle across? didnt even know crossing existed there. cant determine which way the vehicle actually was to cross, or it did cross and was then apprehended?

my guess is the stuff was going from thai to myanmar. which would be not PC at all, so strange how this got into the news. interesting to follow the supply chain back to the manufacturer no doubt. you wont ever see that in the press though.

There is a good road between Mae Aw (Baan Rak Thai) and the nearby Burmese town that locals use. There are also several more primitive roads in the region.

There is a good road between Mae Aw (Baan Rak Thai) and the nearby Wa town that locals use.

SAM MISSILES !! I seriously doubt that as a SAM is a derivation of rocket launcher developed for surface to air confrontations and is not meant for tactical ground attacks. Most probably just poor reporting as is so common here.. or the violence is esculating to new heights.

Is a bullet a weapon?

what a loaded question!!!!!!!!!!! But one that isn't much worth asking except to question somebody else's reporting. If you must have an answer then since it a bullet is a critical component of a weapon, then it does qualify as a weapon. By the way, Why do you ask????????????

Yes ... questioning the reporting. "100,000 weapons" sounds so much better than "100,000 rounds of ammunition".

I agree that it *could* be classed as a weapon, but I don't think you'd be charged with "carrying a concealed weapon" if you had a bullet in your pocket.

(and before anyone starts ... only a bullet ... not a bullet loaded in a gun)

Ammunition is expensive and difficult to come by for the Karen resistance.

The burmese forces are using helicopters and rockets. My guess would be

that this load could have helped balance things a bit. IMO of course.

• Like 1

While the attached article's title is eye catching it is also misleading. Here is why... Bullets are not machines and without a firearm are useless as a weapon. As such bullets are not listed as weapons by the UN or Jane encyclopedia of weapons or anybody with a working knowledge of weapons. You can not stab someone with a bullet like a knife or a sword. You need a firearm to make a bullet useful or dangerous.

Firearms are mechanical machines that can be used as weapons. Bullets are a component to a firearm, so bullets alone can not in any way be labeled as "War Weapons".

The following statement is also misleading
( I separated it out to make it easier to digest)

"Altogether, 109,478 rounds of different types of ammunition have been discovered including:

3,800 rounds for carbine 87s, ( a non-existent rifle, google it)

10,850 rounds for rifles

36,000 rounds for AK 47 rifles

31,600 rounds for M16 rifles
and

27,000 rounds for 7.62 caliber rifles,

as well as 4 SAM rocket launchers."

It is misleading because all of the bullets found were for rifles, not only 10,850. Additionally AK-47's are 7.62x39 caliber they might possibly mean the 7.62 bullets for the AK-47 + 7.62x51 or 7.62x54 bullets for bolt action hunting rifles or other .308 caliber rifles, but by saying "36,000 rounds for AK 47 rifles" they get to make it sound more interesting by putting AK-47 rifles in the article.

There are no 87 carbine rifles listed anywhere I could find. There were rifles back in 1890-1907 called M87's but I doubt anyone is buying 3,800 bullets for them anymore. There is a airsoft BB gun called an 87's but its a toy.

Additionally SAM stands for Surface to Air Missile and since a Missile and a Rocket are not even close to the same thing I call this statement false and think it much more likely that they found ROCKET Propelled Grenades than SAM's since SAM's are pretty large.

The true title should have said something more along the lines of
109,000 bullets for rifle seized and 4 Surface to air missiles found.

Or

4 RPG's found with 109,000 rifle bullets.

Be professional, do some research and get the hype out of the media, its getting old.
Edited by Shooterist