How to stop aircon headaches ?

Aircon gives me headaches, I read up on it and find reference to a condition called 'sinositis' where dirt and crap in the aircon unit gets in your sinuses and causes headaches, this could well be what's happening to me, I have a big nose.... It happens in any aircon place from people's rooms to shopping malls, sometimnes it takes a few hours and at times a few minutes for head pain to come on. It isn't because it makes me cold, I am from England, I am damned used to the cold and in fact I like cold. Does it also happen to any of you gentlemen ? Does anyonne have any ideas how one might stop the headaches from happening please ? ANy ideas greatfully accepted. Thank you.

"Sinusitis" is kind of generic term for "inflammation of sinuses." Generally it's as a result of bacteria, virus or fungus. In the case of air con, I suspect it could be any of those, or plain old mold. An air con that is not maintained properly can be a breeding ground for mold and fungi.

If you could determine what, in particular, you are sensitive to, perhaps some remedy could be found? A good starting place might be a reputable ENT clinic with a competent and compassionate doctor. I've had a bunch of problems with my nose & ears, and can recommend Dr. Pasakorn at the BNH ENT clinic in Bangkok.

Since modern refrigeration units are also de-humidifiers your problem is more than likely dryness in the sinus. At home you need a small humidifier next to your bed almost counter productive as moisture is removed to help the cooling process.