Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Another Thai made big bike coming?

Jesus. Thailand is suddenly becoming the hub of decent mid-sized motorbikes. As long as they all don't end up more expensive here than half way round the World in America (like some of the current ones are) it's certainly all good.

• Like 1

Jesus. Thailand is suddenly becoming the hub of decent mid-sized motorbikes. As long as they all don't end up more expensive here than half way round the World in America (like some of the current ones are) it's certainly all good.

But your not in America

But your not in America

Thankfully not.

The point being that there's something wrong with bikes being fully manufactured here in Thailand, lauded as Thai built, then being more expensive right here, 20km away from where they are built than half way around the World after freight and import taxes are added. It just doesn't add up Jim.

Its Governament tax on big bikes even if made in Thailand that does it .BTW ,anyone know the price of the current new Honda CBr500x in the US ?

Edited by anto

But your not in America

Thankfully not.

The point being that there's something wrong with bikes being fully manufactured here in Thailand, lauded as Thai built, then being more expensive right here, 20km away from where they are built than half way around the World after freight and import taxes are added. It just doesn't add up Jim.

Its Governament tax on big bikes even if made in Thailand that does it .

Yup. sad.png

anyone know the price of the current new Honda CBr500x in the US ?

$6000. 186k thb.

Almost 15% cheaper than here. :( Amazing really.

Edited by Salapoo

But your not in America

Thankfully not.

Yep, but when you tax the competition (imports) so heavily you can corner the market. Honda makes money from Thailand by using it's cheap labour for exports and still selling bikes locally at a higher price and the government ministers who agreed the deal get suitcases of cash stashed under the bed.

Not just bikes either, small cars like the Jazz are much cheaper in the UK/US than here in Thailand.

Who would buy a locally made er6 if a Jap zx6r was available in LOS at US prices? Simple protectionism.

• Like 1

750 cc A big bike really?I'm thinking at least 1000cc or really 1200cc or bigger to be considered big.But that's my opinion

Anything over 250cc is considered a big bike and an unnecessary luxury by the Thai tax Authority .At least the small 125 cc etc , regular bikes are cheap in Thailand .About half the price they are in Europe .

750 cc A big bike really?I'm thinking at least 1000cc or really 1200cc or bigger to be considered big.But that's my opinion

But most bikes 1200cc or up are also subject to fag tax.

tumblr_kssqbaGLke1qz50dao1_500.jpg

750cc, Four cylinders, LOTS of power there (HP), definitely not for a beginner.

This suzuki has more power than a 1000CC twin.

Suzuki in Thailand only officially has 2 big bikes, GSX 1000cc and Hayabusa 1300cc...

and CRAZY expensive compared to other countries.

Suzuki big bikes are really good, There is the Gladius 650, the v-strom 650 and 1000, Boulevard M800/M1500

But most bikes 1200cc or up are also subject to fag tax.

tumblr_kssqbaGLke1qz50dao1_500.jpg

That pic looks like the strip in Ban Chang most weekends. Maybe they were looking for Boys Town in Pattaya and took a wrong turn. The Wild Hogs don't use GPSsmile.png