Honda Forza 300 rear wheel replacement recall

jkinbkk

My wife was called this morning by the Honda Dealer to request she comes in the have the rear wheel replaced free of charge due to a recall buy the manufacture?

She went in and they replaced it immediately. No explanation was given!

Is anyone else aware of this recall and the reason for it?

• Like 1

got it replaced about 3 months ago - was the 1st in Pattaya, after discovered strange noise at low speed from the back tyre, they changed the whole set including shaft, disc break, aloy wheel, tire

still have a little noise but they said all is fine - have now 4.000km and 2nd service coming up this week

Cheers Mr. J

Hi,

Yes, I had a Forzer on order with Sumet from end of March and eventually got it just over a week ago.

Seems production was put on hold while the issue was resolved. Guess the bikes in the initial release will all be recalled.

got it replaced about 3 months ago - was the 1st in Pattaya, after discovered strange noise at low speed from the back tyre, they changed the whole set including shaft, disc break, aloy wheel, tire

still have a little noise but they said all is fine - have now 4.000km and 2nd service coming up this week

Cheers Mr. J

They used the scatter gun approach by the look of it! They weren't sure what the problem was so replaced eveything.

Just thought will give an update.

Wen to store where i bought mine and inquired about the wheel.

First reaction was as they had no idea what i was talking about.

So i said, Honda call me for come shop change, they instantly changed the tune and advised to go to the main store.

Went to main store, but this time told them shop where i bought, told me to come here.

They started to check some paperwork for a while and eventually came back with " shop who sold the bike not make some paperwork, so need to wait for 2 weeks"

The impression i got is that Honda and Mytion Pattaya, are keeping it rather hush hush, and unless i did not see the OP, i would not have even known.

So thanks OP for informing and for all other Forza owners, smart move would be to tell the shop Honda called

For Mityon nothing would surprise me.....but for Honda, the Holy Grail of the average modern motorcycles, that is just not good enough.

attachicon.gifCropperCapture23.jpg

In my view, Honda is doing the recall, but Mityon is not telling/calling customers.

I remember when i bought PCX,when it first came out, they also did a recall, i got a call from Mityon to come to a location, where there were tents set up with hundreds of people coming in.

This recall, seems to be some what silent,

Another interesting thing is, before Forza was on main display in each shop and now they are tucked away for some reason.

We got a letter advising us about it..we bought from Mittyon Pattaya, next to Big Wing. No complaints from us about the info but we have moved the bike to Phetchabun so really hope they can deal with it up there.

I bought from the same shop, but still have not heard anything about the recall. If i did not see the OP , i would not have known

Quick update on this.

My wife said prior to having the recall undertaken (which it transpires involved replacing the alloy rim and type complete) She heard a distinct noise from the rear wheel which seemed to increase over the weeks.

She had in her mind to mention it at the 6k service.

This noise clearly has gone since the replacement was fitted.

Just an update from me on this issue... (Bike 6 months old 1700km)

I'd noticed a metallic rattle at low speeds that seemed to come from the rear of the bike. Initially when it started, it sounded like the engine was "pinging" so i stopped using 91 and started using 95 but to no avail. Secondly i thought it may be the rollers in the variator clunking on the variator casing. Over the last 2 weeks the rattle has got progressively worse so i took it into the dealer. I put the bike on centre stand and the noise was quite evident for all to hear. Then the service manager explained it was a known fault on the new Forza and that they had replaced parts on 15 Forza's already.

So basically taking it in Monday morning and they need it for 3 days to replace rear wheel and tyre plus all the bearings and drive components. Sounds to me like a huge <deleted> up in manufacturing for them not to be able to pin point an actual cause and like another poster said blitz it and replace everything connected to the rear drive of the bike. Comforting to know that those of you who have had it done have been relieved of the rattle, as it has really started to get on my tits the louder it's got.

Just for the record, I didn't take it to the dealer where i bought the bike from as they didn't even know what an oil filter was on my 1st service. I also didn't receive any letters advising me of a manufacturers recall. I took to the most established dealer in my area and to my expectations were aware of this fault. However from the conversation i had with the service manager, I didn't get the feeling that this had gone national to make people aware of the fault. Which leads me to believe that with a bike assembled in Thailand with parts sourced from both Japan and Thailand alike, maybe it's the Thai manufactured parts that have gone wrong and there's a huge potential of 'loss of face' for Honda Thailand??? time will tell i guess.

So in a nutshell if you have a new Forza NSS300, whether you have a rattle or not take it to a reputable Honda dealer, not necessarily the one you bought it from, and make them aware of this recall and demand to have it fixed on the warranty before it expires, otherwise i can see this fix adding up to 1000's of baht!!

Edited by Rickster

I'd noticed a metallic rattle at low speeds that seemed to come from the rear of the bike. Initially when it started, it sounded like the engine was "pinging" so i stopped using 91 and started using 95 but to no avail. Secondly i thought it may be the rollers in the variator clunking on the variator casing. Over the last 2 weeks the rattle has got progressively worse so i took it into the dealer. I put the bike on centre stand and the noise was quite evident for all to hear. Then the service manager explained it was a known fault on the new Forza and that they had replaced parts on 15 Forza's already.

So basically taking it in Monday morning and they need it for 3 days to replace rear wheel and tyre plus all the bearings and drive components. Sounds to me like a huge <deleted> up in manufacturing for them not to be able to pin point an actual cause and like another poster said blitz it and replace everything connected to the rear drive of the bike. Comforting to know that those of you who have had it done have been relieved of the rattle, as it has really started to get on my tits the louder it's got.

Just for the record, I didn't take it to the dealer where i bought the bike from as they didn't even know what an oil filter was on my 1st service. I also didn't receive any letters advising me of a manufacturers recall. I took to the most established dealer in my area and to my expectations were aware of this fault. However from the conversation i had with the service manager, I didn't get the feeling that this had gone national to make people aware of the fault. Which leads me to believe that with a bike assembled in Thailand with parts sourced from both Japan and Thailand alike, maybe it's the Thai manufactured parts that have gone wrong and there's a huge potential of 'loss of face' for Honda Thailand??? time will tell i guess.

So in a nutshell if you have a new Forza NSS300, whether you have a rattle or not take it to a reputable Honda dealer, not necessarily the one you bought it from, and make them aware of this recall and demand to have it fixed on the warranty before it expires, otherwise i can see this fix adding up to 1000's of baht!!

May i ask what shop you bought it from and what shop said 3 days, because head office shop told me 2 weeks wait

May i ask what shop you bought it from and what shop said 3 days, because head office shop told me 2 weeks wait

Yeah no probs, I bought it from Honda dealer in San Kong, Phuket and Honda Patong are doing the recall. Order the parts from BKK on receipt of the bike and warranty book monday morning, strip bike, take photo's of stripped parts and rebuild when parts arrive from BKK. 3 days sounds more than doable to me...

Yeah no probs, I bought it from Honda dealer in San Kong, Phuket and Honda Patong are doing the recall. Order the parts from BKK on receipt of the bike and warranty book monday morning, strip bike, take photo's of stripped parts and rebuild when parts arrive from BKK. 3 days sounds more than doable to me...

Pattaya dealer, told me 2 weeks for order to come from BKK and to change will take about 1 hour.

Why do they want to strip your bike? its only the back wheel

Pattaya dealer, told me 2 weeks for order to come from BKK and to change will take about 1 hour.

Why do they want to strip your bike? its only the back wheel

I dunno...ring em and find out.....i'm only stating what they told me

Edited by Rickster

A man I know here in CM took his Forza over to Nat. Motors and they checked his serial numbers out and told him, newer model no recall.

Interesting to know, indicating that most probably the first batch of bikes introduced affected only.....will keep Honda's warranty claims bill down a bit i guess!!

• 1 month later...

A man I know here in CM took his Forza over to Nat. Motors and they checked his serial numbers out and told him, newer model no recall.

My Forza is 3 days old and I've done 250 kms on it. At about 200 kms it started rattling from the rear like some posters have described.

Does anybody on the forum know from which VIN number this was supposed not to be a problem. My VIN suffix is 5001xxx

Maybe my bike is old stock and needs the recall?

Or I'm possibly a little too sensitive to these things.

The rattle I hear is at very low speed, around 5 - 10 kph. At this stage, it doesn't bother me, although I don't want it to get any louder.

One of my previous PCX's had an annoying rattle/vibration at low speed and it was enough for me to get rid of them both when Honda told me it was normal.

I really like the scooter so far, apart from this noise.

Thanks for reading my post

"One of my previous PCX's had an annoying rattle/vibration at low speed" Your probably talking about the vibration in the drive belt. On mine it cums and goes. Weird!

I think you're right. It did frustrate me that one had it from day one and the other didn't make the noise at all though. Bought both PCX's the same day as well as a friend of mine and one of his was noisy too. He sold both of his as well. I can't understand why Honda hasn't addressed the problem. Obviously not enough complaints about the issue.