New marina in Pattaya?

captbb

I've been trying to find out if it will be feasible to park a 50' sailboat at this new marina -

timing, pricing, etc

but can find nothing. I even went to the "marina office", and the employees were clueless.

Anyone have more?

Hi. From what I know there is no places available in this marina...

It seems that this marina has been "sponsorised" by the new big "WaterFront" condo project who reserved all places for speedboats that currently are parked just in front of it. They paid to get rid of these noisy and polluting boats.

BTW most of the marina is in shallow water at low tides. For a 50' you probably will need 2m water or more, and you will not have them on most posts, except maybe the extreme west dock.

The marina is supposed to open in T4 2013... no official data yet about price, time, availability...

• Like 1

as stated already its for the Thai style speed boats ( the kind that you cannot see where you are heading as the bow is too high. Hence so many deaths from swimmers being run over.) to be parked as they are an unsightly mess when they are pulled out of the water and parked all over the place along the shore line.

No one is going to buy a condo where they are going to drive through the mess of spilt oil and fuel along the frontage. I wonder what plans the Condo developers have to get rid of the 300 hundred coaches that park up all over Bali Hi...?

The place stinks of oil. I wonder if they are going to spend money to improve the pathway alongside the waterfront and the lighthouse area?

• Like 1

I wouldn't want to moor anything to this marina except maybe for a fancy night out on walking street,

doesn't look very secure

Not secure from which point of view ?

and maybe you could wait for this marina to be finished and opened, no ?

• Like 1

It seems that this marina has been "sponsorised" by the new big "WaterFront" condo project who reserved all places for speedboats that currently are parked just in front of it. They paid to get rid of these noisy and polluting boats.

Hmm.

Q) Remove all the boats parked there and what do you get?

A) A large empty sea-front plot.

Q) What does a property developer normally do with a large empty sea-front plot?

A) Build on it.

Q) And what happens to the value of units in the first building when they plonk another one right in front of it?

A) If you dont know, ask any owner in Jomtien Complex or any one of a hundred other current developments where phase 2 has obliterated the view from phase 1.

thats a good point. they are building that new condo right where it will block the tourist view from pratumnak hill, and now you mention it they will build another condo right in front of it like they did in numerous places in naklua. whats odd tho is the prime piece of real estate in the area they turned into a car park. Im guessing the car park has been paid for with public money for the use of the new condo Edited by wwex

I wonder why in the Pattaya English language press there never is an article about this procect, like an interviev with the developer/owner of both the marina, the condo and maybe the speed boat operators... Their plans, objectives and so on (or have I only missed it??)

Now... That would be some info! But instead we are left with all this speculation.

• 1 month later...

Hi, we've been coming to Pattaya every year now for seven years staying Dec thru Feb on Pratumnak hill. What is the current status of the marina construction? Is it due to finally open by end of 2013 as said? Are the boats still along the waterfront with all oil leaks and smells and stray dogs?

The structural part of the new marina appears to be finished though there are no obvious walkways or moorings that I noticed with my totally non-nautical eyes. The car park/waterfront area is still full of boats, dogs, tractors, crap etc., and there is now a half-built condo to add to the confusion.

Where the boats are now parked is earmarked for shops and boutiques all along the waterfront ,no condoes are going to be built as there is not enough room for one thing .however i had dealings with waterfront years ago ,it should have been built and finished years ago,

• Like 1

Where the boats are now parked is earmarked for shops and boutiques all along the waterfront ,no condoes are going to be built as there is not enough room for one thing .

I think you will find that there is more than enough room for (narrow) condo buildings all along the area between the road and the hill, and also on the large car park in front of the Waterfront. What they actually end up doing there is anyone's guess, of course.

The structural part of the new marina appears to be finished though there are no obvious walkways or moorings that I noticed with my totally non-nautical eyes. The car park/waterfront area is still full of boats, dogs, tractors, crap etc., and there is now a half-built condo to add to the confusion.

Thanks for the onfo. From what is being said here it looks like marina will not be finished by yearend...

Too bad. Have they run out of money? Why the Waterfront developers said marina is to open in Q4 of 2013?

From what is being said here it looks like marina will not be finished by yearend...

I am no expert but I dont think it would necessarily take very long to fit moorings and walkways if enough people worked on it. To my untrained eye it looks as though all the heavy work is done.

And presumably the marina could open before it is entirely finished anyway.

Been down to the Marina and Bali Hai pier today. What an utter mess the wholee area!

post-110915-0-03313800-1379355802_thumb.

There was no work going on at the Marina itself. Some workers were repairing these black things what will be mini - drydocks to lift the speed boats out of the water for repairs, the workers said. So... really no more tractor - activity in the future???

post-110915-0-49332800-1379355857_thumb.

And by the way, if there is no radical change to the system they ferry the Chinese to the floating restos in the evening, the proud owners of the Waterfront condo will have a hard time to reach their condo at peak feeding time. The tour busses are backed up bumper - to bumper to the flyover, hardly any movement. No way to get through there to the condo.

• Like 1

Been there a few days ago...........an "utter mess" as expressed by Arguseye is an understatement..........it's a freakin' disgusting place to pass through.

The beautiful sea-front "parc" is changed into a war-zone where 100's of boats are parked, maintained and renovated.

The "marina" starts from the huge and ugly green building up until the sea-rescue station.

The "huge and ugly green building" is supposed to be an automated multi-level car park. One of these places where an elevator moves your car into the correct slot. It seemed to be finished several months ago but since then I have seen nothing much happen to it.

I drove past the marina earlier today and there were people fitting street lamps on the structure, presumably to assist people walking to/from boats at night. So maybe it will indeed be open before the end of the year.

• 1 month later...

The "huge and ugly green building" is supposed to be an automated multi-level car park. One of these places where an elevator moves your car into the correct slot. It seemed to be finished several months ago but since then I have seen nothing much happen to it.

I drove past the marina earlier today and there were people fitting street lamps on the structure, presumably to assist people walking to/from boats at night. So maybe it will indeed be open before the end of the year.

So after 1 1/2 month what is the situation today? Anyone been to the marina recently? Chances to open for new year?

• 2 weeks later...

If you stop and think about it, there's no good reason why the speedboats have to be parked, either on land or water, right next to Bali Hai pier. They could just as easily be stored overnight in Na Jomtien or Naklua and make their way to the pier each morning.

I was down that way the other day and the whole place is in a sorry state. The garbage pier for Koh Larn is right next to one of the busiest tourist sites in Pattaya. Someone once spent money making a promenade there with planters, trees, seats and fancy handrails. Even lights so that people could take a stroll along the seafront promenade after dark. And now the whole place is just trashed.

And if the multi storey car park and speedboat marina are a success I'll eat my hat!

• Like 1