Thai soaps etc. on YouTube with THAI (not English) subtitles?

a1falang

I read Thai fairly well but just don't seem to have an ear for it. I don't catch 80%-90% of what typical Thais say in everyday conversation. (My poor motorcycle taxi driver tries so hard to have a conversation with me but I'm just totally lost after a few words escape his mouth.) I'd like to start watching Thai TV so I can pick it up better but would need Thai subtitles to understand the dialogue initially. Are there any Thai shows that have been uploaded to YouTube with accurate Thai subtitles? I know this is probably a dumb question since Thais don't need Thai subtitles to understand Thai! Any other suggestions would be appreciated too.

• Like 1

What I do is get the dialogue from the soap stories at

http://www.manager.co.th/Drama/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9550000152957

The quoted dialogue is not always exact but darn good as a guide.

For example; below is the first youtube tape of Maneesawat .The quoted

dialogue I fished out from the manageronline story. It’s pretty good but not

usually exact. For instance in the first line he says ทุกที instead of เหมือนเดิม

Dialogue starting at 3m:01s

“ริมน้ำโขง มาทีไรก็สบายตา สบายใจเหมือนเดิม ชายชอบมั้ย”

“ชอบครับ สวย เงียบสงบดี กลับไป ผมว่าจะชวนคุณแม่มาดูที่แถวนี้อยู่เหมือนกัน”

“ขนาดนั้นเชียว”

“ไม่รู้สิครับ...ขนาดเพิ่งมาที่นี่ครั้งแรก ผมกลับรู้สึกคุ้นเคยกับที่นี่อย่างประหลาด เหมือนกับ..ว่าเคยอยู่ที่นี่มาก่อน”

“แปลกดี ไปอยู่เมืองนอกเมืองนาตั้งหลายปี ไม่รู้สึก กลับมารู้สึกคุ้นเคยที่

ริมน้ำโขง”

“สงสัยเนื้อคู่ผมจะอยู่แถวนี้มั้งครับคุณน้า”

“ถ้าใช่จริงๆ...ก็ต้องเรียกว่าบุพเพสันนิวาสแล้วล่ะชาย”

“บุพเพอาละวาดมากกว่าครับ..เพิ่งมาที่นี่ครั้งแรก ที่นี่ยังติดใจผมถึงขนาดนี้ ถ้าได้อยู่นานกว่านี้ จะมีอะไรเกิดขึ้นกับผมอีก”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zcWJnWh8lhw#!

There are also movies dubbed in Thai with Thai subs that can be found online.

Such as Jack Reacher at:

ดู-หนังออนไลน์ฟรี dot com

(link won't post)

Edited by klons

I want a Thai sub version of The Hormones Series on GMM. It's all Thais are talking about.

There are so many Thais offering up English subtitles but they all seem unwilling to do Thai subtitles... (i've asked them).

Thanks to everyone for their contriubutions. klons, movies dubbed into Thai with Thai subtitles might be my best bet, although I'll look out for genuine Thai movies with Thai subtitles too. The soap summaries published with rough transcripts might be useful too, although I want to avoid historical dramas that might contain old-fashioned or archaic Thai.

You can order from ethaicd (which I did) and get Movies in real Thai with Thai subs. They are done for the hearing impaired. At the

ethaicd site if you click details for a particular cd it will show if it has Thai subs (bottom of posted sample picture. )

post-28513-0-70083800-1374869130_thumb.j