Just another Chinese / Farang Chiang Mai occurrence.

Thailand

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not only in CM..........

I stay away from farangs because most that I meet seem to be of this type. It seems that Thailand is destination of choice for the dross of western society sad.png

farang stay away from farang? biggrin.png

I don't know why McDonald's doesn't employ the same policy as Starbucks where you have a limited time to sit in their establishment based on monetary expenditure. Then when a non-customer tries to use restaurant facilities without buying anything, the gutless Thai staff can ignore them much the same as they do in Starbucks.

he remembers a time when farangs were respected / given respect here,

White folks still are respected but the Japaneses pay better and don't look down on the Thais as much

Edited by ARISTIDE
  • Like 1

not only in CM..........

I stay away from farangs because most that I meet seem to be of this type. It seems that Thailand is destination of choice for the dross of western society sad.png

farang stay away from farang? biggrin.png

Not me. They can be very amusing, in their own peculiar kind of way. They could almost be considered an attraction, and many do very reliably live up to the stereotype!

• Like 1

not only in CM..........

And you are type.......?

he remembers a time when farangs were respected / given respect here,

White folks still are respected but the Japaneses pay better and don't look down on the Thais as much

Really? Japanese generally do not tip and thus are not expected to. As we all know big tipping by certain elements of the Farang crew have created an expectation

where any white face who does not can be considered a cheap charlie or worse, a "bad farang".

not only in CM..........

Don't worry, plenty of the type here in Cambodia, too.

not only in CM..........

Well I could be wrong but I was under the impression that it was easier to stay in Cambodia so that would make it more attractive to that type of people.

From whatt I have heard the booze and the broads are just as plentiful.

not only in CM..........

Well I could be wrong but I was under the impression that it was easier to stay in Cambodia so that would make it more attractive to that type of people.

From whatt I have heard the booze and the broads are just as plentiful.

Common consensus here is that some of the Barang where previously Farang but were made persona non grata in LOS>

• Like 1

"Now I certainly would not occupy seating at an establishment whose facilities I was not using either here nor in other countries- would you?"

I wouldn't but there are many people of all races that would. I suspect it's easier to notice the farang who is acting the idiot, because he is like us (in appearance). But taking the McDonald's post purely as an example, I doubt very much if the seating outside was occupied by a group of Thai's without food or drink and playing with their phones, that they would even have been noticed by a farang. I have sat in a crowded food court on a table with two or three Thai's and they don't like it. Likewise I have sat at a table occupied by farang's and they too didn't seem very pleased. I have had experiences where the opposite happened and they were welcoming.

• Like 2

I have sat in a crowded food court on a table with two or three Thai's and they don't like it. Likewise I have sat at a table occupied by farang's and they too didn't seem very pleased.

One would hope you'd get the hint by now: obviously nobody wants your type sitting at their table.

• Like 2

Personally, I grin and smile with glee when I witness other people getting super frustrated and animated over trivial rubbish like in the OP.

Not really sure why, but I just enjoy it. Lots of people are wound so tight.

• Like 1

Personally, I grin and smile with glee when I witness other people getting super frustrated and animated over trivial rubbish like in the OP.

I guess they will not be smiling too long in Starbuck as they will not tolerate seat squatters.

post-131333-0-09735900-1374131874_thumb.

Edited by ARISTIDE

I guess they will not be smiling too long in Starbuck as they will not tolerate seat squatters.

attachicon.gifD12419351-0.jpg

I think the language it's written in, says it all.

• Like 1

I don't know why McDonald's doesn't employ the same policy as Starbucks where you have a limited time to sit in their establishment based on monetary expenditure. Then when a non-customer tries to use restaurant facilities without buying anything, the gutless Thai staff can ignore them much the same as they do in Starbucks.

One could argue that a franchise encroaching it's seating into a public walking area is providing public seating.