Bangkok tourism court by September – Minister

webfact

@ "Markaew" forgot to take your meds dear boy ?...a lot of anger issues in your last two posts ?

but to address your "expat court" thing...why do you want special treatment ?...do long term tourists have their own special courts in other countries ?

Sounds like just a scheme for the Thai courts to extract some money from the Farang before they leave Thailand. Just my opinion I could be wrong but I do not see the Thai government going out of their way to accomodate tourists except maybe an opportunity to gain some income.

• Like 1

and the Ministry of Justice has a budget to fund intensive training courses in France for judges

Bonjour, khun judge: Qui s'endort avec un cul qui gratte, se reveille avec un doigt qui pue! Thai/French proverb

Edited by klauskunkel

Civil cases only.

What a waste of time.

I thought the idea was to get petty crime cases involving foreigners through the system, whether the foreigner is a victim or alleged perpetrator. But it seems I was wrong.

So lets see, There is the Code Justine, The Napoleonic Code and The Common Law of England upon which the majority of the Civilized World follows, at least to some extent. And Thailand chose the lease followed of all. Figures !!

So lets see, There is the Code Justine, The Napoleonic Code and The Common Law of England upon which the majority of the Civilized World follows, at least to some extent. And Thailand chose the lease followed of all. Figures !!

As someone said earlier, it would make sense to see what the French do, since it is the most visited country in the world (tourist-wise).

That said, the idea is good in theory, but in practice, TIT will probably win the day.

So will the French teach the Thai judges in French which I highly doubt the judges speak or understand...or perhaps the French will lower themselves so much as to speak ENGLISH which I also doubt the judges would understand....or perhaps the French will teach them in Thai?

They might want to rethink the French Connection.

Sounds like just a scheme for the Thai courts to extract some money from the Farang before they leave Thailand. Just my opinion I could be wrong but I do not see the Thai government going out of their way to accomodate tourists except maybe an opportunity to gain some income.

I agree, this is nothing more than a scam set up to help Thai easily take farang to court.

What's next, seats in the back of the bus designated for farang and no sitting in front aloud?

the Ministry of Justice has a budget to fund intensive training courses in France for judges,” he explained.

Call me cynical...but believe this is the key in this article, will the judges get the "intensive training" in France....most certainly....will this result in tourist courts....I think not

and why would a Thai judge be sent for training on Thai law/courts to France anyway ? I am confused your honour

It is very simple and logical. The word farang developed from Thai inability to pronounce the word France and then became applicable for all non-Thais of western etnicities and is without exception derogatory in origin. And there are still apologists who deny the discriminatory xenophobic prejudice of locals? Does it not make perfect sense to train judges in Farang in order to adjudicate laws affecting farang?

So long as it makes the juris prudence system infinitely more vague it will be touted as supremely successful.

Besides, of all the countries sending tourists to Thailand, Farangs (called France by the uninformed) may send the fewest visitors, making the vagueness even more pervasive.

In their infinite wishdom, tourism authorities have unveiled the latest campaign designed to attract more high-quality tourists to LOS.

What other country promises you the opportunity to experience your holiday as a defendent with your own court system?

Here we have a dedicated court system for you to sort out the legal difficulties you are bound to encounter in your own tourist court!

No longer must you appear in a courtroom with locals. Now you can enjoy the camaraderie of facing judges in the company of other selected tourists for a unique legal experience unlike other tourist destinations.

Apart from the obvious social advantages of meeting other tourists while learning how much it will cost to stay out of jail, this new expedited process ensures that you do not have enough time to leave the country before sentencing, or before having to suffer the disappointment of leaving the country before experiencing the totality of the legal process by feeling the thrill of handing over your fine on the spot before leaving the courtroom. Rumour has it that a drive-thru window is being considered for your further convenience!

Can you give us an example of how a person gets scammed of 100 baht takes it to this court and gets scammed there for another 100 baht.

Use any amount of money you want.

Edited by hellodolly

Wondered why French was picked on as a language needed by a judge?

I thought most of the tourists were from Russia and China and most of those from Europe speak English to some extent anyway.

Oh yes I see, yet another silly announcement to try to divert attention from the things people shouldn't be talking about.

the Ministry of Justice has a budget to fund intensive training courses in France for judges,” he explained.

Call me cynical...but believe this is the key in this article, will the judges get the "intensive training" in France....most certainly....will this result in tourist courts....I think not

and why would a Thai judge be sent for training on Thai law/courts to France anyway ? I am confused your honour

Maybe they want the judges to be able to speak French?

Civil cases only.

What a waste of time.

I thought the idea was to get petty crime cases involving foreigners through the system, whether the foreigner is a victim or alleged perpetrator. But it seems I was wrong.

Bizarre huh? As though extorting money out of people isn't criminal...... If the coppers would just do their job properly, there wouldn't been any requirement for this.

Because one of the special judgments handed down may be a sentence to the guillotine....ain't going to be no mercy for farangs!!!!

This is so funny, - had me laughing big! But, - the funniest thing is - it comes close to the truth, not literally - but in description of what the process will be. If such a court ever gets up and running (which I doubt), - how many of the French trained judges would risk their butts ruling in favor of a foreigner ..... and impose a penalty on a Thai? Ah Ah.... they know it would create hell for themselves.

It simply will not happen.