thai girl friend locked up

winnie666

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest that you talk to someone like Siam Legal initially. They will be able to check on the background of the case and give you a straight answer (in English) as to whether there is anything you can do and how much it is likely to cost. There are good Thai lawyers around who will be much cheaper but there are too many that will just take you for a ride and do nothing useful.

Don't go trying to bribe anyone as was suggested in another post here, you will end up in jail.!!!!!

Sorry but all i can say is cheesy.gif

Good Thai Lawyers at Siam Legalcheesy.gif

Good lawyer and cheap?cheesy.gif

I really know too little about this item to make any comment. However, as a Farang married to a Thai wife for well over 20 years and knowing quite a few Thai ladies (married and unmarried) I do take an exception to derogatory remarks about Thai women made here, particularly by Toscano

You do realize reputation does not just appear out of thin air and is well deserved.

Just because you know a few Thai ladies its does not make it a nationwide role model.

If there were more good ones, perhaps there would be less of derogatory remarks around.

• Like 1

I would suggest that you talk to someone like Siam Legal initially. They will be able to check on the background of the case and give you a straight answer (in English) as to whether there is anything you can do and how much it is likely to cost. There are good Thai lawyers around who will be much cheaper but there are too many that will just take you for a ride and do nothing useful.

Don't go trying to bribe anyone as was suggested in another post here, you will end up in jail.!!!!!

I used Siam Legal earlier this year for advice on a legal problem and they were extremely good. They contacted all the different parties, explained all my options to me and gave me an upfront cost. I didn't use them in the end because of the distance from their offices but all of the advice was free and they recommended a local English speaking lawyer who could handle the case.

I have also used 2 Thai lawyers over the last few years for a couple of commercial cases who were excellent, both cases were won and i was only charged about 40,000 Baht for each.

Perhaps you would like to expand on your views (or just shut the **** up until you know what you are talking about)w00t.gif .

Edited by metisdead

I used Siam Legal earlier this year for advice on a legal problem and they were extremely good. They contacted all the different parties, explained all my options to me and gave me an upfront cost. I didn't use them in the end because of the distance from their offices but all of the advice was free and they recommended a local English speaking lawyer who could handle the case.

I have also used 2 Thai lawyers over the last few years for a couple of commercial cases who were excellent, both cases were won and i was only charged about 40,000 Baht for each.

Perhaps you would like to expand on your views (or just shut the **** up until you know what you are talking about)w00t.gif .

cheesy.gif only 40 000 each case

You are in luck. She still has 1 year left. Move house and leave no forward address. Change your email address and mobile phone numbers. There is a reason she is in jail and while she may not have done the full crime she came close enough to convince the judge she deserved jail time.

Run while you still have time is the best advice anyone can give you.

I really know too little about this item to make any comment. However, as a Farang married to a Thai wife for well over 20 years and knowing quite a few Thai ladies (married and unmarried) I do take an exception to derogatory remarks about Thai women made here, particularly by Toscano

Totally agree, unfortunately any post regarding Thai women is immediately replied to by people I can only guess rarely set foot outside of Nana Plaza and have little idea of the real world outside. It does become depressing when you have to wade through this crap every time.

Both good post. Thai women or as good or maybe better on average than what you find in the home country

• Like 1

She has done 2 years with one more to go. I want to get her out now

She has already done 2 years, and now you want to get her out ?? What's the catch ??

she kept getting told six months, next month you will get out. guards are liars, lawyer was a tosser, didn't tell her anything just give me money

Forget lawyers, forget courts. Just tell her to ask the boss of the prison: "How much?" You bring along the envelope, and your darling will be free tomorrow! giggle.gif width=20 alt=giggle.gif>

This is by far the BEST idea !!!

And I've been here for multiple decades..................

B.S.

And, if you are scared of this have her family do it !

It seems you raise many questions with your post. I'm no different. Are YOU in Thailand? If not, this could well be a story to get money from you. I've seen it happen. My friend went home for awhile. The story was "help! I'm in jail because I talked bad to the police! I need 2 million baht". She wasn't in jail at all verified first hand by my GF.

Or "My mom is sick and will die if I don't have money".

So, are you IN Thailand?

We are awaiting your answer.

As do I.

But, let us not forget there are good and bad women and men in EVERY country.

Totally agree, unfortunately any post regarding Thai women is immediately replied to by people I can only guess rarely set foot outside of Nana Plaza and have little idea of the real world outside. It does become depressing when you have to wade through this crap every time.

I hear Isaan is the real world and the more remote the more realthumbsup.gif

I did hire a lawyer here, but she just took the money and didnt do what i paid her to do,

then to top it off she borrowed money from me too, then she disappeared.

My conclusion after 11 years in Land Of Scammers is:

Go through every detail of any deal, preferably written down

Do not ever pay until you already got whatever it was you were buying

Inspect if applicable that whatever you paid for is actually done before handing over a baht

Do not ever lend out money

Watch out for your self at all times

Edited by poanoi

Not 10 years or 30 years or life anyway, freedom is right behind the horizon, for many it's not.

What crime she did not commit ? Who trapped her, a neigbour, a jealous friend any idea ? Perhaps I would first hire a private investigator instead, if he can find some new information it might be a bit more easy for the lawyer..

Why are you so sure she did not commit this crime ? It could be well possible that she's is just using you with lies.

What make you believe she is innocent? All Thais are innocent, even when they are caught red handed, and they are good liars, find a new GF and forget about this criminal, she will only cause you a lot of problems in the future. coffee1.gif

Send money for her or her family to get a lawyer. whistling.gif alt=whistling.gif>

Most lawyers that I have dealt with do not charge more for falongs IMHO. Good point above, if you are concerned about the possibility of getting ripped off, then give the money to the family to deal with the lawyer. Frankly though, I would trust the lawyer more than some Thai families I know.

Thai family's are loyal up to the point when you stop supporting them financially, then they do everything in they'r power to rip you off clap2.gif

Did you meet her in prison whilst visiting, or were you a 'pair' when she was arrested and found guilty?

To be honest your post sounds made up, especially if you've know here before she was convicted. To let it go two years and only now decide to want to do something sounds very strange indeed. Your naive comment about I've heard they want money from falang's, sounds very much like you've been on holiday here, picked up a Thai word or two, don't know anything much about the country or the games people play and would be a good person to have at a three card trick table.

• Like 1

She has already done 2 years, and now you want to get her out ?? What's the catch ??

she kept getting told six months, next month you will get out. guards are liars, lawyer was a tosser, didn't tell her anything just give me money

If she have been in court she know how long time they gave her behind bars, maybe you should get your story straight before posting.

What is the guards lie about and who did they lie to?

Did you hear the conversation between the lawyer and your GF and how much money did she pay him?

Odd she has been in there 2 whole years and this is your fist post regarding this and your fist - alleged - forum post.

Did you meet her in the nick? If not, why, as MJCM says, do you want to get her out?

Partner in crime?whistling.gif

You do realize reputation does not just appear out of thin air and is well deserved.

Just because you know a few Thai ladies its does not make it a nationwide role model.

If there were more good ones, perhaps there would be less of derogatory remarks around.

Possibly. Or it could be what psychologists call 'sampling error'. Some of you may be meeting women 'of a certain type' because of how and where you meet them, then erroneously assuming that all/most Thai women are the same. In other words, the 'reputation' you're talking about is only 'well deserved' by the minority you tend to interact with...

• Like 1

Possibly. Or it could be what psychologists call 'sampling error'. Some of you may be meeting women 'of a certain type' because of how and where you meet them, then erroneously assuming that all/most Thai women are the same. In other words, the 'reputation' you're talking about is only 'well deserved' by the minority you tend to interact with...

Sure, there are many lucky ones on TV who were and are fortunate enough to meet lawyers and hi so females, who just could not wait to marry foreigners double their age to move to village in Isaan.

One member is having non stop sexual relations with a young lawyer who just can not get enough of him, another one(who has been missing for some time) is married to hi so chinese 1/3 of his age and he is in 80's

So you are rightwai2.gif

• Like 2

Sure, there are many lucky ones on TV who were and are fortunate enough to meet lawyers and hi so females, who just could not wait to marry foreigners double their age to move to village in Isaan.

One member is having non stop sexual relations with a young lawyer who just can not get enough of him, another one(who has been missing for some time) is married to hi so chinese 1/3 of his age and he is in 80's

So you are right:wai2:

Yep, guys on TV seem to be meeting a better quality of girl then most expats I meet.

Guess it's because you are all such hansum men.

OP story seems unlikely, most in jail are guilty of something, most in jail claim to be innocent.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Forget lawyers, forget courts. Just tell her to ask the boss of the prison: "How much?" You bring along the envelope, and your darling will be free tomorrow! giggle.gif.pagespeed.ce.AcGRO3FsZu.gif width=20 alt=giggle.gif>

Good old fashion bribe always works in LOS whistling.gif

So you are right:wai2:

Yep, guys on TV seem to be meeting a better quality of girl then most expats I meet.

Guess it's because you are all such hansum men.

OP story seems unlikely, most in jail are guilty of something, most in jail claim to be innocent.

We know that Thai ladies don't care about age, looks or finances, just 'you have good heart'.

• Like 1