Hard Rock Hotel - real bacon for breakfast?

breadbin

Here we go already.;

Western bacon

Where are you from Smokie?

Again...define what you mean. "Bacon" means different cuts of meat to different nationalities. There's streaky bacon, back bacon, Canadian bacon, etc. That being said, I would guess the HardRock buffet has them all.

I definitely prefer the options here in the UK with so many different cuts available, I tend to buy thick cut back bacon when it's on offer in Asda. I visited my brother in the US a few times while he was living there and could only find wafer thin streaky bacon, 90% of which was smokey bacon. Not a fan.

EDIT: Sorry, sticking to topic, I never found anything close in Thailand, though the GF wouldn't let me go to Hard Rock in Pattaya.

Edited by GarryUK

I definitely prefer the options here in the UK with so many different cuts available, I tend to buy thick cut back bacon when it's on offer in Asda. I visited my brother in the US a few times while he was living there and could only find wafer thin streaky bacon, 90% of which was smokey bacon. Not a fan.

EDIT: Sorry, sticking to topic, I never found anything close in Thailand, though the GF wouldn't let me go to Hard Rock in Pattaya.

Thanks Gary UK for your decent response.

Define "real bacon".

Real Back Bacon,sliced into reasonably thick Rashers, Non Streaky,and no more than 5% - 10% (the lower fat the better) fat around the edges.and not pumped up with water. Danish Bacon and British Bacon are both renowned worldwide for quality.

• Like 1

Real Back Bacon,sliced into reasonably thick Rashers, Non Streaky,and no more than 5% - 10% (the lower fat the better) fat around the edges.and not pumped up with water.

I disagree. As with most things, it's the fat that gives the flavour. Bacon should be middle or streaky, never back, and preferably quite fatty but cooked well enough so as to render the fat down.

Real Back Bacon,sliced into reasonably thick Rashers, Non Streaky,and no more than 5% - 10% (the lower fat the better) fat around the edges.and not pumped up with water.

I disagree. As with most things, it's the fat that gives the flavour. Bacon should be middle or streaky, never back, and preferably quite fatty but cooked well enough so as to render the fat down.

Depends entirely on where you come from I think. I, being from the UK, prefer back bacon which I buy here from Western Wholesale on Soi Chaiyapruk. Whenever I have been in the USA I have enjoyed the crispy streaky bacon that you get there. But I don't believe that either one is more "real" than the other.

Or maybe this is what they have at the HRH....

post-64390-0-99025400-1374287408_thumb.j

Edited by Upnotover

That's fine!you eat the streaky (high in cholesteral),and I will eat the lean back bacon,

Makro on Suk road have some good, lean bacon :)

Bacon, delicious food. Never had fake bacon though.