Buying Mates Truck

OK I have a mate who has been here for years and is saying goodbye to Thailand, he has a truck that I would like to buy. All the taxes insurance and everything is up to date.

My self I do not have a work visa, I don't need one because I am never here more than 30 days at a time, I do not have a Thai drivers lincense, but I do have a International drivers lincense. I have been renting a condo for almost 5 years now as Thailand is my home base, but I do not have a Thai tax ID number either as it is not required for my situation.

So is it possible for me to buy and own a vehicle in my name and if so what paper work do we both need and where do we need to go to make the transaction?

Edited by bkkfaranguy

Yes you can buy and own the truck, you both need to supply copies of your passport and letters of residency from Immigration Dept. Take those things along with the trucks blue book to the Dept of Motor Vehicles and the transfer can be made.

Yes you can buy and own the truck, you both need to supply copies of your passport and letters of residency from Immigration Dept. Take those things along with the trucks blue book to the Dept of Motor Vehicles and the transfer can be made.

OK thank you, so thats the Thai immagration office correct? Do I need to take copies of all my pages coming in and out of Thailand or just the most recent stamped page in my passport?

OK thank you, so thats the Thai immagration office correct? Do I need to take copies of all my pages coming in and out of Thailand or just the most recent stamped page in my passport?

Go to the Thai Immigration office with your passport, and ask for the letter of residency, they'll tell you what if anything they want you to copy.