Bodyguards

LawrenceChee

As long as they are aiming at you then you are pretty safe. I have seen Thais shooting and only bystanders are at risk.Posted Image

Yes, because as everyone one knows it is possible to determine shooting skill based on nationality. And no one has ever been assassinated by gun here.

Genius.

• Like 1

They charged $1000 baht each and I had 2 of them. Good sized man who were discreet and stood at the right places as had the right demeanor would hire them again when needed

I wish my dachshunds were here too their barks would have been enough to scare the roman army off HD or buy a Doberman they work well too :-)

• Like 1

What do you need bodyguards for?

I thought it was only gangsters and politicians who used them.

Something's fishy here.

Man-up Lawrence, stand on your own feet. You weren't born without cojones, were you?

And it's your business how?

• Like 1

Something's fishy here.

Man-up Lawrence, stand on your own feet. You weren't born without cojones, were you?

Because the OP chooses to post on a open forum maybe?

• Like 2

They charged $1000 baht each and I had 2 of them. Good sized man who were discreet and stood at the right places as had the right demeanor would hire them again when needed

I wish my dachshunds were here too their barks would have been enough to scare the roman army off HD or buy a Doberman they work well too :-)

Were these bodyguards or providing security for an event or something? There is a difference. Night club security, posh event security or personal security require different techniques. I knew a lot of people in night club, pub and event security in the UK ( "bouncers"). Very few of these would really know how to be a bodyguard.

Many years ago I remember an American guy in the business class lounge at Don Meuang. He was late 50's with young Thai wife. He had a "bodyguard" who he insisted accompanied him everywhere - bar, toilet, magazines shop. The "bodyguard" was a uniformed RTP sargeant. It actually seemed quite bizzare. The American was knocking the booze back and getting loud which drew more atthention to him. All very odd.

@ a good business meeting and as one can see impressions in Thailand is unfortunately superficial but needed at times

These are actual special branch police folks recommended by a friend who uses them often too who specialized in VIP protection as it is part of their regular job

They just moonlight to make money on the side.

• Like 1

@ a good business meeting and as one can see impressions in Thailand is unfortunately superficial but needed at times

These are actual special branch police folks recommended by a friend who uses them often too who specialized in VIP protection as it is part of their regular job

Glad to see it worked out very well for you.

I guess the dogs would be distracting you would have to train them not to make noise unless you were about to be attacked. At that point they could bite the ankle of the attacker and while he was hopping around on one foot to get rid of them you could push them over where the dog could get at the rest of them.

• Like 2

Glad to see it worked out very well for you.

I guess the dogs would be distracting you would have to train them not to make noise unless you were about to be attacked. At that point they could bite the ankle of the attacker and while he was hopping around on one foot to get rid of them you could push them over where the dog could get at the rest of them.

No he just trains them to walk in front of him...the attacker sees the dogs head..estimates where the dog ends and trips over the dog as he rushes to attack.

Something's fishy here.

Have you lost your sense-of humour ... or didn't you ever have one in the first place?