Bodyguards

LawrenceChee

Tend to agree..... Might be better to lay low for a while out of sight. Also it depends where the perceived threat is coming from. Your bodyguard would be easily identified and might just be persuaded to switch employers..... Good luck.

If money is absolutely no object I can put you in touch with an English speaking international security company based in SE Asia who might consider working with you. Expensive!

Edited by iancnx

Tend to agree..... Might be better to lay low for a while out of sight. Also it depends where the perceived threat is coming from. Your bodyguard would be easily identified and might just be persuaded to switch employers..... Good luck.

If money is absolutely no object I can put you in touch with an English speaking international security company based in SE Asia who might consider working with you. Expensive!

Halburton

• Like 1

WOW sad.png

all he did was write a few way over the top food

reviews about something other than burgers and

now needs a bodyguard ?

sheeeeshhh ... what is chiang mai coming to sad.png

dave2 .... pulling his neck in !

post-42592-0-06825400-1374204400_thumb.j

WOW xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.5zxzyGiJz0.png

all he did was write a few way over the top food

reviews about something other than burgers and

now needs a bodyguard ?

sheeeeshhh ... what is chiang mai coming to xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.5zxzyGiJz0.png

dave2 .... pulling his neck in !

If that be the case, maybe a food taster would be in better stead.

The police.

(Not kidding; you can arrange their services for a fee, either on duty in uniform or off.)

Of course depending on what you have in mind.

x 2. All in all the best service to use if in Thailand.

Depends on your budget and level of protection you want.

On Craiglist, there is a guy advertising out of BKK i believe, he is claiming to be an ex special forces of some kind.

If its a serious matter, get onto international company's but be prepared to pay HUGE money, because a really skilled bodyguard can cost anywhere from $200-$3000 per hour.

A somewhat ok bodyguard starts at $100 per hour and wanna be bodyguard starts at $50 per hour.

On a yearly basis, for a decent bodyguard $200 000 per year

Halburton

Definitely not. Smaller and more exclusive than those chaps.

Thanks for all the replies ...hahhaha nothing to do with food review guys :-) that would keep coming.

Been under the weather with all these flu and weather changes and have not been out and about for any new food reviews

Be back in August with more for sure.

The police.

(Not kidding; you can arrange their services for a fee, either on duty in uniform or off.)

Of course depending on what you have in mind.

x 2. All in all the best service to use if in Thailand.

I was given the same advice for one to use this evening.

Will report back on the experience

On Craiglist, there is a guy advertising out of BKK i believe, he is claiming to be an ex special forces of some kind.

If its a serious matter, get onto international company's but be prepared to pay HUGE money, because a really skilled bodyguard can cost anywhere from $200-$3000 per hour.

A somewhat ok bodyguard starts at $100 per hour and wanna be bodyguard starts at $50 per hour.

$3000 an hour ....... Typo? Pro rated for an 8 hr day that would be just short of $7 million per year. Hmmmmm

In my limited experience (I am only indirectly connected to such) $1000 per day would be closer to the mark freelance. More if contracting a security company directly due to added costs.

• Like 1

$3000 an hour ....... Typo? Pro rated for an 8 hr day that would be just short of $7 million per year. Hmmmmm

In my limited experience (I am only indirectly connected to such) $1000 per day would be closer to the mark freelance. More if contracting a security company directly due to added costs.

Yes a top notch bodyguard, for high risk clients can cost up to $3000 per hour, no typo

Yes a top notch bodyguard, for high risk clients can cost up to $3000 per hour, no typo

Wow! I stand corrected. Great job if you could find such a high risk client.........

Wow! I stand corrected. Great job if you could find such a high risk client.........

Keep in mind high risk means high chance of bodyguard being killed not the client, so $3000/hour is not all the much considering you could be killed few hours later

Thanks for all the replies ...hahhaha nothing to do with food review guys :-) that would keep coming.

Been under the weather with all these flu and weather changes and have not been out and about for any new food reviews

Be back in August with more for sure.

LOL

Can't you train one of those Dachshunds?

Keep us informed. The only guy I ever knew who wanted one was looking into getting a policeman.

He had a Tourist Policeman offer to do it for a price but the guy was not exactly what you would call trustful.

Had the guards for the day and it was good. They are discreet and stand at the right places with the right body language

These off duty police cops are good for that as hoc requirement

Care to share how much you paid them? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just go to almost any falung bar and you will find at least 2 or 3 ex SAS para-troopers / navy seals / soldiers of fortune types willing to work for you if you buy the next round.

• Like 2

Just go to almost any falung bar and you will find at least 2 or 3 ex SAS para-troopers / navy seals / soldiers of fortune types willing to work for you if you buy the next round.

Yes, and if you want them to be millionaire former CEO's, Harvard Law professors, or retired brain surgeons, they will be those, too. You can be anything you want in Thailand :).

Edited by mesquite
  • Like 1