CTH Nationwide satellite and cable dealer list!

bangkok blue

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... We had CTH installed at the bar, we were lucky as been planning for this for a while, thought things were looking great until the last 24 hours.

At around 11 last night The signal was lost on ALL channels. It wasn't raining, not a cloud in the sky... Thought nothing of it, and left it until today.. Came in this afternoon.. All channels are on Freeze frame, so we called the technician that installed and he said must be because of rain.... NOPE not raining here.. a little overcast but no rain, to which he responded

"no it is raining in Vietnam where the signal comes from.. big storm, maybe effect 4 or 5 hours"

This leaves people in the pub game and eventually home user in a bit of a quandary. What's you going to do at 10pm on a Saturday night with a full bar halfway through Man utd v Chelsea(or whoever) and there is a little bit of rain in Vietnam..

I sincerely hope that they can sort this problem out otherwise, I for one as a Bar Manager will have no nails left on match night in the fear that there is a storm in Vietnam

So... We had CTH installed at the bar, we were lucky as been planning for this for a while, thought things were looking great until the last 24 hours.

At around 11 last night The signal was lost on ALL channels. It wasn't raining, not a cloud in the sky... Thought nothing of it, and left it until today.. Came in this afternoon.. All channels are on Freeze frame, so we called the technician that installed and he said must be because of rain.... NOPE not raining here.. a little overcast but no rain, to which he responded

"no it is raining in Vietnam where the signal comes from.. big storm, maybe effect 4 or 5 hours"

This leaves people in the pub game and eventually home user in a bit of a quandary. What's you going to do at 10pm on a Saturday night with a full bar halfway through Man utd v Chelsea(or whoever) and there is a little bit of rain in Vietnam..

I sincerely hope that they can sort this problem out otherwise, I for one as a Bar Manager will have no nails left on match night in the fear that there is a storm in Vietnam

Just another typical day in Thailand with pay per view tv.

Why should CTH be any better,USB or True visions have dominated the market for years and its been shambolic at times to say the least.

I've a feeling this could be the same.

Fingers crossed they get it together before the start of the footy.

CTH don't even have a distributor on Samui, so i heard today.

Apparently then intend to take care of installations by sending a couple of guys to the island with the dish and a box.

Just thought i'd put your minds at easecheesy.gif Absolutely laughable.

Edited by carmine

Well the same problem exised with True, just with rain in a different location.

I would ask your technician who installed the CTH satellite system how he works out if it rains in Vietnam there is no reception in Thailand. Your dish is pointing to 132E and wether it rains in Vietnam or not is not the issue, but if its raining where you are in Thailand then you will have reception problems. I know the original transmission comes from Hanoi in Vietnam, but it would have to be bloody torrential downpour (more like a monsoon) to cut out their signal to the satellite. Even then I'm not sure wether CTH transmit from their HQ to the satellite or not, maybe it was just cloud cover that blocked your signal which can be worse than rainfade..

There's been general interference with everyone's signal by the sound of it. I have sky news on often and about 3-4 times an hour the signal becomes distorted for a few seconds. Can only hope they boost the signal in order to rectify the problem. Last night it cut out completely for a few minutes around 10:30! I've noticed also they have issues with the signal for CI channel and fox sports news. Fox sports was off from about 3:30 - 5pm today.

Just pay this CTH a month at a time to start would be my advice. I see a bad moon risin'.

I don't see a bad moon rising and I certainly hope not as I want to see the EPL.

Personally I never pay up front if it can be avoided.....monthly for me too.

There's been general interference with everyone's signal by the sound of it. I have sky news on often and about 3-4 times an hour the signal becomes distorted for a few seconds. Can only hope they boost the signal in order to rectify the problem. Last night it cut out completely for a few minutes around 10:30! I've noticed also they have issues with the signal for CI channel and fox sports news. Fox sports was off from about 3:30 - 5pm today.

How do you get Sky News? I use Astro never seen Sky News yet in BKK?

weescotsguy66

A fast adsl a top vpn hdmi tv and laptop and 24/7 sky with mums sub bbc itv c4 c5 and all in between ,also tv cachup filmon etc had the only bar in chiang mai with live sky sports but alas still no customers but no need for true or any other provider and cheaper sammie........

A fast adsl a top vpn hdmi tv and laptop and 24/7 sky with mums sub bbc itv c4 c5 and all in between ,also tv cachup filmon etc had the only bar in chiang mai with live sky sports but alas still no customers but no need for true or any other provider and cheaper sammie........

all while snorting redbull

I am up in Chiang Mai in about 3 weeks time, to renew my yearly visa, after I come back from Cambodia, I would like to see your setup in the Bar

(I am a bit low tech regarding hi-tech) it would probably be against the rules to say what your Bar is called, but if you could give us a clue where it is I am sure I could find it.

Apparently then intend to take care of installations by sending a couple of guys to the island with the dish and a box.

Hi Carmine just visited the CHT office in Lamai Samui to make my installation booking.

If you are heading in a Chaweng direction from the Wat corner it is located about 500m down on the right hand side after Tesco and Petrol Station - big orange building (at corner of entry to Lamai? Resort), it has two big blue sat dishes on the frontage................

1800dhs deposit on the box plus approx 550dhs installation charge. 115channels on the dish signal with a potential for 20 more if it ever gets onto a cable in Samui. Only one program package, (no gold, platinum or bogpaper options) so nice and easy, monthly charges start around 900baht/month for monthly payment with significant discounts if paid in advance with pre-pay options of 1/2/3 years. Good value available on second box for the bedroom at 200baht/month (all channels).

The Thai couple serving in there were very helpful and spoke very good English, they explained that Samui Cable were offered the signal but agreement could not be reached so for now dish is the only option. He only has 100 systems in stock (hoping for more soon) but I would expect with bars etc the demand would be in the 1000's so get in quick.

He also said signal drop outs currently experienced elsewhere are all part of transmission tests that are on-going and that CHT plan to complete these before Aug15th and the start of the season.

Hope this helps...............

Hi Carmine just visited the CHT office in Lamai Samui to make my installation booking.

If you are heading in a Chaweng direction from the Wat corner it is located about 500m down on the right hand side after Tesco and Petrol Station - big orange building (at corner of entry to Lamai? Resort), it has two big blue sat dishes on the frontage................

1800dhs deposit on the box plus approx 550dhs installation charge. 115channels on the dish signal with a potential for 20 more if it ever gets onto a cable in Samui. Only one program package, (no gold, platinum or bogpaper options) so nice and easy, monthly charges start around 900baht/month for monthly payment with significant discounts if paid in advance with pre-pay options of 1/2/3 years. Good value available on second box for the bedroom at 200baht/month (all channels).

The Thai couple serving in there were very helpful and spoke very good English, they explained that Samui Cable were offered the signal but agreement could not be reached so for now dish is the only option. He only has 100 systems in stock (hoping for more soon) but I would expect with bars etc the demand would be in the 1000's so get in quick.

He also said signal drop outs currently experienced elsewhere are all part of transmission tests that are on-going and that CHT plan to complete these before Aug15th and the start of the season.

Hope this helps...............

thanks, very much appreciated.

Very informative post julesandmartin. I was wondering how long the signal interference would go on for.

CTH does not have La Liga. It's on the sunbox by RS for 100bht per month. Also available on TRUE as they have sub licensed the rights from RS too.

www.streamhunter......its free watched chelseas games no problem,,,,,,coffee1.gif

I just went to this website to have a look. I've got an immediate virus that has wiped out my desktop and emptied all the files in my programs and I can't do a system restore. Have AVG installed and it detected the problem, said it had been removed and suggested restarting my laptop. When I DID i had a blank desktop with just the my computer and recycle bin icons. Looked in my programs in the start menu and every folder is empty. HELP!

What ever you do don't go there.