CTH Nationwide satellite and cable dealer list!

bangkok blue

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do CTH show La Liga? smile.png

Still on the lookout for a midfielder then Red ? i thought you'd already signed one from Barc facepalm.giflaugh.png

It is now becoming apparent that we have smile.png you will be happy to hear Alfie 30M

Still on the lookout for a midfielder then Red ? i thought you'd already signed one from Barc facepalm.giflaugh.png

It is now becoming apparent that we have smile.png you will be happy to hear Alfie 30M

is it?!! now where can we read the apparent news you have signed him for 30m? Or is this the south coast grapevine perhaps?

I can tell you where you can read that your 30m bid has apparently been turned down

Is that from the same source who said your getting Bale for thirty bob clap2.gif

BPL1 now transmitting spurs v Sunderland live from HK. Brilliant HD picture. Ch131

No English commentary. Green button not working

Everybody on CTH please call 080 911 0388.... Tell their operators no English commentary unacceptable..... My missus just gave em <deleted>!!

Need as many complaints as possible to sort this for 17 August

• Like 1

Have you heard that beIN (in association with the rights holder, MP & Silva) will be offering some new channels showing EPL in SE Asia for the forthcoming season? It seems that the offering for the Thai market is just the one beIN Sports 1 HD channel. As far as I can see this will be sold on to various satellite and cable providers, but I do not know if there is any copyright/territory issue with EPL broadcasts, and I can't find any reference in the press releases to who is involved in Thailand (an unreliable source on a sat forum said it was True Visions). It struck me that this development might also provide other options for gray market purchases from nearby countries. I see that the three beIN channels put out for the Indonesian market via Parabola Orange are on ku band and out of footprint, but others may be possible (beIN seems to be on Astro, for example).

http://www.mpsilva.com/bein-sport-to-launch-in-hong-kong-thailand-the-philippines-and-taiwan/

If anybody knows more it would be interesting to have more detail. Presumably if the channels go to cable operators there may be feeds (not in PowerVu).

Just got off the phone to there technical department. Guy was very helpful. He didn't know about the problem, but said he would try and fix for 2nd match. He told me this was a test signal and was absolutely certain there will be English commentary for the new season.

Made another call to tech. Dept just now towards end of man city game. They advised test signal. They made an excuse that the english audio wasn't open. I said it is, as I know for a fact that Martin Tyler is commentating on it. The guy spoke to someone else and advised this function will defo be available next week. I asked what game next week but he didn't know. Could be stevie Gerrard's testimonial, but I'm only guessing.

I asked about what presenters and what preview and review shows will be on for english viewers. He advised he didn't know about content, but understood what I meant about Thai and British presenters, as he used to work for TRUE.

If by this time next week there is a game without english audio then I'll post the tech dept number here.

In fairness the guy spoke good english and I believe him when he says they'll be english commentary.

KTV in Khon Kaen just telephoned asking us to go to the head office with Wife's ID Card, Tabbien Baan and around 3,000 Baht up front.

We put our name down a few weeks ago at the KTV booth in Central Plaza

So things are moving.

If anybody is interested in Ubon Ratchathani, the address and phone number is for a shop in Warin district, opposite side of the river.

My wife phoned this morning, and was told there is another place in Ubon itself. It is CC Computer, in Charoen Sanitwong Road. Same side as the

psychiatric hospital, a few hundred metres further down the road. Easy to spot, has big banners advertising CTH .

Went inside and there were several hundred set top boxes all ready to go. They are visiting my house tomorrow to see if we are near their cable system, and if not how much cable would be needed. If too expensive, will go with the satellite system.

Thanks Citizen33 for that link to beIN Sport HD1. Their press release does say that the channel will be released in Thailand. Hard to see how they're going to be allowed to operate against CTH, don't you reckon. Sure they won't have as many EPL games but maybe enough. You can't watch 6 games at once anyway. Are True still in the game?

I'm sceptical .....but it's an interesting development and you never know. TIT after all.

CTH satellite dealers in Lower Issaan

The following list is courtesy of Bankok Blue, CTH website and Google translate:

Digital Television Network Limited 044295758-9 Nakhon Ratchasima.
Limited. K. Seven Business Group Limited 044-266667 Nakhon Ratchasima.
044-261670 City Telecom Ltd. bonus question.
Mr. R. Beach ฌs a novice, holds 080-723 5444.
080-723 5333 Nakhon Ratchasima.
CK 2556 044-259 739.
087-198 7333.
093-320 7722.
084-474 2222 Nakhon Ratchasima.
Bearing CO. bananas 080-001 4448 080-001 4448 Nakhon Ratchasima.
Bearing CO. bananas 080-001 4448 080-001 4448 Sikhio question.
More prosperous 3713 081-815 Sikhio question.
Bearing CO. bananas 080-001 4448.
080-001 4448 Phuang question.
Bearing CO. bananas 080-001 4448 080-001 4448 Bua Yai, Nakhon Ratchasima.
LP SP Cable TV 044 280 0190 80 168 7272 Chong Nakhon Ratchasima
L. 086-244 Network Ltd. 1234.
044-280656 Chong Nakhon Ratchasima
Ltd. Sri Electric Blue Ram 044-661029 Lumpai mat.
SP City Ram Wireless 044-620445.
MIN SAT Tada and Ram Air 044-690137 City.
Partnership Chamrap 045321567 Ubon Ratchathani.
Limited. Ubon Wireless Networks 090-8268889 Ubon Ratchathani.
Limited. Ubon Wireless Networks 090-8268890 Mangsahan question.
Cable & Satellite Network Satellite 088-488 1188.
088-466 1199 Chamrap question.
Surin TV Network LP 044518467-8 Surin.
New techniques 044-521445 Part Surin Surin.
Themselves Telecom Ltd. 045-598866 Surin.
New techniques 044-521445 Part Surin Surin.
Add to pool Chaiyaphum 171 8899 044-811.
Kitcharoen Intelsat 044 816555 Chaiyaphum.
Part Chaiyaphum intercom 088-5959201.
044-824905 Chaiyaphum.
Ltd. Jobs Cable TV & Trading 045 270 5674 City arithmetic.
Electric City 045-451-047 gold machine arithmetic.
045715555 Cable TV Ltd. Chai packaging.
045720555 Yasothon.
Hhk.pi.ec. Motors 045-711533 Yasothon.
KET Design and Construction Ltd. (2539) 045-622 611 the rest.

Sisaket 089-717 6866 Ban Pho Thong
Cable & Satellite Network Satellite 081-7902535 City game.
Cable & Satellite Network Satellite 081-7902535 City game.

My wife phoned the Sisaket number yesterday and they will come on Monday (I'm impressed by how well this network is working). I later spoke to them also - passable English (I speak some Thai but her English was better than my Thai).

Pricing is standard - see options (in Thai) on Facebook ("cthsisaket"), but they will charge 500 baht (plus 7% VAT? dunno) for the 65 klicks to get to us in Amphur Kantharalak - might have been less had my wife not run off the brief to emphasise that we live only 44 klicks from their base in Meuang Sisaket! Anyway that's reasonable, so I did not seek a correction. I'll go for the 'pay 10 months, get 12 months option'. Nothing to pay on installation and they will send an invoice to be paid before they flip the switch. I will include prices in this post when that is confirmed - too many people on these threads are quoting ex-VAT prices and making it sound chepare than it is (I don't like the Thai practice of pricing retail products ex-VAT!)

I will change my True set-up from:

2 x TV sets, both Gold Package, costs 2,006 baht a month*, to

1 X TV set, 'Super Knowledge' Package, will cost 590 baht a month (I think True quote only VAT inclusive prices - good for them).

The True Super Knowledge pack gives:

+ All the channels my wife and 4 year old currently watch on True Gold. Most of these will be on CTH, but just to make sure there are no gaps and to get the two features below she/they will get Super Knowledge for the bedroom and I'll pay 590 to True instead of the extra 321 (inc VAT!) for a second CTH package.

+ Bloomberg TV which I need for my personal finances (my TOT connection is too patchy for consistent streaming). I'll have to surrender CNBC, which I like a lot better than US-centric Bloomberg.

+ A few of the True Sports channels, for peripheral sports; I'm sure True will keep anything popular, like European football/American football/rugby/golf well away from these lesser True Sports channels now! (hopefully CTH will cover some of those anyway), plus

I may reupgrade back to 1 x Gold in the winter to get rugby coverage. I should be saving about 400 baht a month before then, so on third thoughts I might even go for a second True Super Knowledge package to upgrade daughter 2's TV from it's present standard GMM free configuration. I would still be 'in the money' and hopefully the whole family will be happy!

I would still prefer the prior arrangement of a full-service True though, thank you very much whistling.gif

* <deleted>'s this Skype $hit doing here - I just typed "2,006 baht a month" - great telephone facility but becoming a nasty invasive little worm, like Facebookxangry.png.pagespeed.ic.Cla6z9sEn6.png

You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
Edited by SantiSuk

Nearly finished my research on what's the best True Package to retain (for me) as a complement to CTH. I'm adopting this dual provider approach to get EPL + Rugby + Finances/Markets

I now realise that the rugby-saturated channel, Setanta, is offered on the Super Knowledge package too (listed now as True Sport 8). Super Knowledge also has ASN (only otherwise available on Platinum and best source of US NFL, which I like); so surprised am I at that inclusion on a True "lesser package" that I wonder if it's a website error.

Super Knowledge and Super Entertainment look like the best value True packages as a complement to CTH. I charted all the True packages (and CTH) identifying their channels for sport, movies, news and 'knowledge'. I haven't yet bothered with the Entertainment and Lifestyle categories as these are mostly full of dross. PM me your e-mail anyone if you want my Excel spreadsheet. The summary of differences between True Super Entertainment and True Super Knowledge in my chosen categories are:

SPORT: True Super Knowledge has everything that True Super Entertainment has plus 'Trace Sport' (Behind the scenes interviews and sports personality profiling) and 'ASN' (US football (NFL) and extreme sports).

MOVIES: Super Entertainment has Sundance HD (Award winning and independent movies from around the world), otherwise the offerings are the same

NEWS: Offerings are the same

KNOWLEDGE: Super Entertainment has everything on Super Knowledge plus:

National Geographic* (Expeditions using world class film-makers and explorers)

Discovery Channel (Kids channel with high Disney content)

Animal Planet* (An entertainment rather than wildlife approach to animals)

BBC Knowledge (Natural history, science, technology, adventure and history

History Channel HD (Historical documentaries)

National Geographic HD* (HD version of Nat Geo)

Discovery HD World (" ... leading documentaries on amazing biology and latest technology")

*Note that CTH has Nat Geo Wild and Nat Geo Adventure

COST

True Super Knowledge costs 790 a month (includes VAT I think) - an extra TV set is 282

True Super Knowledge costs 590 a month - an extra TV set is 282

Gold looks way way overpriced to me at 1,412 a month, unless you will pay almost anything to get Champions League and Europa League games, some of which might be shown on Fox Sports on CTH (per True's write-up of Fox Sports content).

I think I'll save the extra 200 baht and pick up on ASN. I will slightly miss the History channel and the two BBC Knowledge programmes (newly offered by True I believe) might be quite good for those hankering for Brit culture. Sundance channel (presumably Paul Newman inspired) could well be worthwhile for the thinking film-buff too. So, I can understand others, those who don't follow NFL, preferring to spend the extra for Super Entertainment. "You pays your money and you takes your choices"

Errata comments welcome!

Edited by SantiSuk

I am a tad concerned for Champions league coverage. Some of the group games and K.O rounds were on Thai TV. But from QF stage, last season only on TSHD1 NOT on TSHD2. I was tempted by new internet and TRUE TV supersport package for 899 p/m (only an extra 300bht a month from what I currently pay for TRUE internet). Includes TS8 (for rugby) TS2, TS5 and TS7 + Golf channel, I think ASN and TSHD2. But if the business end of the UCL is only on TSHD1 then what's the point in messing around. I'm hopeful WETV will show the games on their Vietnam channels. They showed Arsenal vs Bayern and the Real Madrid Vs Manyoo games, as well as the final last season. Guess I'll just wait and see. As most the games on at 2am I usually just check footy tube for highlights and prob only get up to watch 5-6 big games a year, so not really worth having a 3rd box and dish for this!

I am a tad concerned for Champions league coverage. Some of the group games and K.O rounds were on Thai TV. But from QF stage, last season only on TSHD1 NOT on TSHD2. I was tempted by new internet and TRUE TV supersport package for 899 p/m (only an extra 300bht a month from what I currently pay for TRUE internet). Includes TS8 (for rugby) TS2, TS5 and TS7 + Golf channel, I think ASN and TSHD2. But if the business end of the UCL is only on TSHD1 then what's the point in messing around. I'm hopeful WETV will show the games on their Vietnam channels. They showed Arsenal vs Bayern and the Real Madrid Vs Manyoo games, as well as the final last season. Guess I'll just wait and see. As most the games on at 2am I usually just check footy tube for highlights and prob only get up to watch 5-6 big games a year, so not really worth having a 3rd box and dish for this!

You will probably not get any Champions League or Europa League on the True Sport channels, sub the Gold package, BKKB. It looks like those competitions will be corralled onto TSP 1 or 3. You might get some on Fox Sports if the True write-up of their Fox Sports channel applies to the CTH Fox Sports channel.

Here is my synopsis of the sports channels you will get on True's Supersport package (comments are a paraphrased summary of True's own web-site descriptions for their channels, sometimes with my knowledge or prejudice thrown in!):

True Sport 2 - Mostly fighting sports plus a highlight weekly match from Thai PL

True Sport 5 - Golf inc PGA and Asian Tours

True Sport 6 - Snooker, motorcross, tennis (not majors)

True Sport 7 - Boxing, snooker, volleyball, Thai Premier League

True Sport 8 - Formerly TSE1. Rugby (both formats) - domestic leagues, cups and internationals from both hemispheres

BUT YOU WILL NOT GET True Sport 8 ON THE TRUE SUPERSPORT PACKAGE, WHEREAS YOU WILL ON TRUE SUPER ENTERTAINMENT AND TRUE SUPER KNOWLEDGE

HOW CAN THEY CALL IT A SUPERSPORT PACKAGE ??!!

T Sports - Mostly Thai local stuff

SiamSport News - Thai football leagues - covers all 3 divisions and 77 clubs (but is it just news?)

SiamSport Football - Live coverage of international football matches (probably just friendlies)

SiamSport Live - " .... fun and excitement from ..." (sic). 'Nuf said :-)

Speed - New technology in motorsport plus some classic cars coverage

MUTV - Manchester United games, interviews and analysis. Recent, iconic and historic games. Downside - dreary Paddy!

Golf Channel Thailand HD - European Tour and Ladies PGA golf

The sports offerings between the 3 mid-tier packages of Super Entertainment (ThB 790), Super Knowledge (ThB 590) and Super Sports (495) are essentially the same except:

ASN (US football (NFL) and extreme sports) - on Super Knowledge only

Trace Sport (Behind the scenes interviews and sports personality profiling) - on Super Knowledge only (who cares? :-)

True Sport 8 (Rugby (both formats) - domestic leagues, cups and internationals from both hemispheres) on Super Entertainment and Super Knowledge only

As you can see, there seems little rhyme or reason to some of this. Super Knowledge has the best sports coverage of the three mid tier packages; why is that?! That's why I spent a few hours last night knocking up a comparison spreadsheet for Sports, Movies, Knowledge and News. Anal or what?

E&OE. Errata comments welcomed.

Edited by SantiSuk

Not fussed about egg chasing really. I think they'll Defo have some games on TRUESPORT HD2 and during group stage they'll have to use some other true sport channels. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that WETV in Chiangmai will still show it on their Vietnam channels. Last season True agreed to show 24 games of the champions league on channel 9. Fingers crossed they will again. Guess we'll just wait and see. Internet or a late night pub for one of the 5-6 games I watch from this competition a year is also a possibility.

For ino:

The numbers listed as Chiang Rai in the OP (using Google translate) were either not in Chiang Rai or were not CTH dealers but I found a facebook page for CTHchiangrai and the telephone number on the top of the page yielded the desired result - the promise of an appointment for installation before the season starts.

https://www.facebook.com/Cthchiangrai

On 29 July I registered with CTH giving all my details to the girl at the call centre 1619 she spoke very good English once details were completed she told me that an engineer from my area would contact me by 15th August great I thought everything sorted she told me the cost would be 4,730 Baht for installation. Whilst reading content on Thai visa I came across the subject of CTH and noted that one of the members mentioned the dealership that covers koh Samui and Koh Phangan they also mentioned that the office was in Lamai and described the building. This morning I decided to take a run out to the office to see if they had received my details from the call centre which had taken my details some 5 days ago . As I entered the office I was welcomed by a very nice man who spoke perfect English his name is Si and his number is 093 7610997 I explained to him what that I had registered with the CTH call centre 1619 some days earlier he did not have a clue what I was on about as they had not notified him of my registration I produced all the details that they had given me and he explained to me that they had quoted me the cost of installation if I was running a bar and not a private dwelling Here is the price quoted for 1 box 1 dish for a private dwelling :

Installation 50% discount 500 bht + 7% vat

Deposit for box 1,800 refundable by CTH on return of box and not by the dealer Total cost = 2,335 bht for a private dwelling

Monthly charge = 899 + 7% = 961.93 however the first bill is for 2 months as you pay rental in advance therefore 3 weeks after intial installation a bill would arrive for the total sum of 1,923.86 payable at Tesco or 7/11

If you wish to pay up for a year the cost would be a total of 9,619.30 in advance which equates to 10 months rent and two months free a saving of 1,923.86 which is not a bad deal.

I managed to sign up you need a copy of your passport and they wanted my house registration I also gave them a true bill and they have told me that my installation will take place in the next 7 days he warned me that although a box is supplied it does not come with a HD lead so be aware you would need to have one or purchase one from Tesco or any good computer shop.

The wife wants to keep true but will downgrade to silver I asked them if they could set it up so that the system could be split but they said they could not do it I would have to get someone to sort it for me if anyone knows how to do it please pm me as to what is required.

I hope that the above will be of help to anyone living on Samui or Phangan by the way the box is smaller than true and does not require a card the dish is 75 cm in size I watched Sky news in HD it looked okay although he did say that they were having some minor teething problems hence the reason for the discounted price.

I suggest anyone wanting to get CTH on the island make contact with Si asap to ensure your up and running before kick off on the 17th !!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems most who are experiencing problems are having CTH by satellite. I have it thro Home Cable (Udon) 962 THB a month includes 6 Channels for the EPL and in HD...

Edited by Tafia

Seems most who are experiencing problems are having CTH by satellite. I have it thro Home Cable (Udon) 962 THB a month includes 6 Channels for the EPL and in HD...

Probably because (I suspect) most are having CTH by satellite!!

... but you are probably right that cable goes smoother. CTH are experienced in cable TV and already had cable 'dealers' they presumably worked with before. I believe satellite is a new departure for them and their satellite dealers seem to be a real motley crew of franchiseestongue.png

Edited by SantiSuk

• 4 weeks later...

I have different experience - with same Udon Thani Cable TV ... from beginning katastrofic picture in one week . Now better but still the picture hangs and show signal problems. Trues HD picture much better. And the service poor from this company... servicemen have dressed up with nice clothes but the knowledge seems like beginners. ...They say by them self that Trues picture 20 proc better... I can confirm that.

Wonder if I should by a sattellite option anyway...

KTV in Khon Kaen just telephoned asking us to go to the head office with Wife's ID Card, Tabbien Baan and around 3,000 Baht up front.

We put our name down a few weeks ago at the KTV booth in Central Plaza

So things are moving.

How is that going?

In KK myself, and need to change asap from True to....................

A fast adsl a top vpn hdmi tv and laptop and 24/7 sky with mums sub bbc itv c4 c5 and all in between ,also tv cachup filmon etc had the only bar in chiang mai with live sky sports but alas still no customers but no need for true or any other provider and cheaper sammie........

You wouldn't be an English teacher by chance would you?

• Like 2

Just a word of advice to all CTH users. You had better learn how to reset you satellite signal using the handset as you will need to do this at some stage. You should also make sure the MENU is in English language.

I say this because from my understanding the loss of signal will be periodic but easily reset once you know how.