Officials promise crackdown on Beach Road vehicle-rental agents

Rimmer

Officials promise crackdown on Beach Road vehicle-rental agents

n3car2.jpg

PATTAYA:--Pattaya-area officials have pledged to crack down on vehicle-rental booths taking up precious Beach Road and sidewalk real estate.

Pattaya Deputy Mayor Ronakit Ekasingh and Banglamung District Chief Sakchai Taengho met with Chonburi Land Transportation Department, police, regulatory-enforcement officers and operators of minibuses, taxis and motorbike- and car-rental agents July 9.

The meeting was called following long-running complaints about bike- and car-rental agents blocking Beach Road sidewalks and parking spaces with tables and vehicles. Area officials announced they would begin cracking down on the makeshift businesses, clearing off sidewalks and freeing parking spaces.

Full story:http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/officials-promise-crackdown-on-beach-road-vehicle-rental-agents-28519

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2013-07-19 footer_n.gif

yeah, and look .................there is a flying pig!

What do you call a herd of flying pigs?

Yeah, the day they sort all that out there will be flying pigs too.

It is definitely no fun trying to negotiate the path along beach road.

yeah, and look .................there is a flying pig!

What do you call a herd of flying pigs?

Yeah, the day they sort all that out there will be flying pigs too.

It is definitely no fun trying to negotiate the path along beach road.

Hell will freeze over first...

It is my understanding that anybody operating a business on the footpath and street are paying the police or city officials.

Deputy Mayor Ronakit Ekasingh, District Chief Sakchai Taengho, the Land Transportation Department, police & regulatory-enforcement officers all know this.

I believe they would crack down, issue and receive few dozen fines and be satisfied till the next year crack down.

Why do not they also crack down on motorcycle taxi's who take up space and do not allow anyone to park even though its empty

What about actually issuing fines and towing double parked cars and bikes?

I don't understand why these reports of government or city officials making promises continually appear in the News Forum - they rightfully belong in the Jokes Forum. whistling.gif

I couldn't agree more. There also should be a 'Pointing Pic' Then we would know it's real

clap2.gif

It is my understanding that anybody operating a business on the footpath and street are paying the police or city officials.

Deputy Mayor Ronakit Ekasingh, District Chief Sakchai Taengho, the Land Transportation Department, police & regulatory-enforcement officers all know this.

Pattaya police are dripping in gold according to my wife. They pay hundreds of thousands of baht to be transferred here and make it all back within the year. Latest hearsay is the motor-bike gold snatchers work for the police in return for a slapped wrist if caught by accident.

I don't understand why these reports of government or city officials making promises continually appear in the News Forum - they rightfully belong in the Jokes Forum. whistling.gif

I couldn't agree more. There also should be a 'Pointing Pic' Then we would know it's real

clap2.gif

I actually thought I put one up, thanks for drawing my attention to the missing picture there is one up there now smile.png

• Like 1

clap2.gif

I actually thought I put one up, thanks for drawing my attention to the missing picture there is one up there now smile.png

Pointing is required as it appears some city hall officials look confused at what exactly they are suppose to be looking atbiggrin.png

clap2.gif

Good one Rim & a clipboard ....OMG