printer with cheap toner

h90

We use in the office HL-2240D printer with the TN-2280 toner.

That toner costs roughly 2000 Baht and is empty (including a reset) after 1500 pages.

That is really expensive in my opinion.

Searching the internet I get a million different printer and toner. To figure out which one has cheap running costs is a lot work and for every country different.

Anyone has some information about printer with cheaper toner or easily refill toner that can we can get cheap?

You seem to be paying a lot.

Most printer shops here have bottles of cheap toner and it seems that may be all you need to buy for yours.

My own printer needs a new chip when it is refilled and so I find it cheaper (and cleaner) to swap the empty unit for a reconditioned/refilled one. That costs about 500B.

You can buy bottles of toner powder and refill yourself but most little printer shops in the malls will do it for around 600 - 700 baht i have found and that is a lot less messy. We have a Samsung and Samsung charges almost 2500 for a genuine toner.

1.3 Baht a page expensive ?

yes extremely I recall back in Europe I bought 3 or 4 kg toner at a copy shop (same toner for their copy machines) for 300 Austrian Schillings, which was roughly 900 Baht.

So the toner itself costs almost nothing.

Considering for every business with do:

receiving a fax 1 page

fax a quotation: 1 page

make the invoice: 5 page

without mistakes we are already at 9 Baht only toner costs and some of the large companies require that even if they buy product for 5 Baht, which we must accept, else we won't get their next 100.000 Baht order.

Depends on the new price of your printer, if I buy an expensive printer I would never go for cheap toner - it will ruin your printer and you will loose warranty in case of problems.

We only buy cheap printer but put one on every table, it is easier to manage than one bigger network printer, as our staff doesn't know much about computers.

You can buy bottles of toner powder and refill yourself but most little printer shops in the malls will do it for around 600 - 700 baht i have found and that is a lot less messy. We have a Samsung and Samsung charges almost 2500 for a genuine toner.

Anyone know where I can buy these bottles of toner powder in Bangkok cheaply?

Various shop at Pantip Plaza

last time there, I paid roughly half the price of a new toner for a refill, but they filled it just half :-(

I don't know if that has improved. Last time was several years ago.

receiving a fax 1 page

without mistakes we are already at 9 Baht only toner costs ....

Your business seems rather badly organised. You dont need to use any paper or toner to send or receive faxes. It can all be done electronically with a cheap modem and a PC.

As for your 5-page invoices, could they not be condensed down somewhat to say just 1 page? And could the condensed version not be sent as a pdf file by email?

You will have already noted that mistakes on digital paperwork will cost you nothing in re-printing costs.

• Like 1

receiving a fax 1 page

without mistakes we are already at 9 Baht only toner costs ....

Your business seems rather badly organised. You dont need to use any paper or toner to send or receive faxes. It can all be done electronically with a cheap modem and a PC.

As for your 5-page invoices, could they not be condensed down somewhat to say just 1 page? And could the condensed version not be sent as a pdf file by email?

You will have already noted that mistakes on digital paperwork will cost you nothing in re-printing costs.

you would be 100 % right in Europe. And slowly it moves that a few customer uses email instead of faxes.

Usual business with a bigger company:

They fax their requirement and than call.

We fax back the price

They fax back their Purchase Order (or in many cases the technician tells us that he needs the seal, but the PO comes a month later, because of the bureaucratic system)

We make the product

We have to send photos of it first and have computer written sticker on them. (specially photo is strange if we deliver 2 hours later).

Than someone delivers it. Not possible to send per post as the signature from them is required (by them not by us).

The need 1 Original invoice, between 3-5 copies and one receipt.

Than and of the month they need a payment advice (or however they call it). There are still a few that need it delivered not faxed.

Some confirm it by faxing it back with their signature.

Than they issue a cheque, which must be picked up at a given time (like second Friday of the month between 10-12 am not later not earlier)

It is getting better every year but still some customer need it that way an some customer we tell that we don't do a 5 Baht product that way.

We also had in Rayong motorbike taxis: we sent the things to them per EMS, they took our jacket delivered it and sent the documents back per EMS.

We ask all the time if the customer could simply transfer the money and to ask us per email and it is getting better but slowly.

One problem is that these companies have a lot internal corruption so they want everything on paper and put in some folders so they can dig it out later.

These are some of the largest companies in Thailand we deal with.....

Yes, fairly expensive for a monochrome laser.

1,3 Baht is about 3,25 Eurocent.

I have googled this site (sorry its in German, but I think easy to understand):

http://www.druckkosten.de/kosten.php?startCalc&doc=7&filter[format]=&filter[typ3]=-multi&filter[typ1]=laser&filter[typ2]=sw&filter[aktuell]=1&filter[preis]=&set[month]=36&set[tpages]=25000&fillM=1

Columns:

W=nr of toner changes

CPP=cost per page

Drucker=price to buy the device

Verbrauchsm.=cost of the consumable supplies

Gesamtkosten=total cost

The Brother 2240D is quite far down the list and shows 3.1 Eurocent/page.

So the topic starter has done a good job in measuring his print costs.

The results displayed assume three years of use (36 months with 694 pages per month) and shows total cost but also shows cost/page (CPP) etc.

Maybe there is a similar page in english?

The list seems to proof the simple formula: cheap device = high CPP, expensive device = low CPP.

Everyone has to do his individual math.

For a high print volume this Brother HL-2240D does not seem to be a good choice.

To my experience in Thailand, the original toners are about the same (high) prices as in Europe.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Sounds as though you need to educate your customers - but start off by setting a minimum order of (say) 200 Baht and that will cover it.

Not in Thailand.....

The customer would just switch to our competitors and when they are already in contact with each other there is a good chance that our competitor can also get the larger order.

It is common here, beside the paperwork, that the things are delivered free of charge.

Several times we got delivered 1 pcs Oring for 5 Baht across Bangkok.

I rather give small items below 5 Baht for free without invoice, it is at the end still cheaper for us.

Yes, fairly expensive for a monochrome laser.

1,3 Baht is about 3,25 Eurocent.

I have googled this site (sorry its in German, but I think easy to understand):

http://www.druckkosten.de/kosten.php?startCalc&doc=7&filter[format]=&filter[typ3]=-multi&filter[typ1]=laser&filter[typ2]=sw&filter[aktuell]=1&filter[preis]=&set[month]=36&set[tpages]=25000&fillM=1

Columns:

W=nr of toner changes

CPP=cost per page

Drucker=price to buy the device

Verbrauchsm.=cost of the consumable supplies

Gesamtkosten=total cost

The Brother 2240D is quite far down the list and shows 3.1 Eurocent/page.

So the topic starter has done a good job in measuring his print costs.

The results displayed assume three years of use (36 months with 694 pages per month) and shows total cost but also shows cost/page (CPP) etc.

Maybe there is a similar page in english?

The list seems to proof the simple formula: cheap device = high CPP, expensive device = low CPP.

Everyone has to do his individual math.

For a high print volume this Brother HL-2240D does not seem to be a good choice.

To my experience in Thailand, the original toners are about the same (high) prices as in Europe.

Great, thanks! Very interesting.

No problem with German biggrin.png That's my language biggrin.png

It is very interesting when sorting for the "Gesamtkosten" and keeping an eye on the CPP.

I think the best solution is:

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/toners-samsung/samsung/mlt-d307e-black-toner-cartridge-20-000-page-yield-p015437/

Toner 20.000 pages for 7.790 Baht

and printer:

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/laser-printers/samsung/ml-4510nd-mono-laser-printer-duplex-and-networking-p015417/

for 29.000 Baht

The printer price hurts but I guess no cheaper solution available.....

That might be your best solution but I dont think it would be mine. Maybe you desperately need auto-duplex printing though. I just turn the paper over manually.

I would spend 2000B on a basic black Brother (no replacement chip needed when refilling) or Samsung printer and get the toner refilled in a shop when it runs out (500B). Get some re-manufactured toner cartridges to keep as spares, if you like.

Then when the printer wears out just bin it and buy another. Get an identical spare printer too, for that matter.

That might be your best solution but I dont think it would be mine. Maybe you desperately need auto-duplex printing though. I just turn the paper over manually.

I would spend 2000B on a basic black Brother (no replacement chip needed when refilling) or Samsung printer and get the toner refilled in a shop when it runs out (500B). Get some re-manufactured toner cartridges to keep as spares, if you like.

Then when the printer wears out just bin it and buy another. Get an identical spare printer too, for that matter.

No I don't need auto-duplex at all.

Till now we had 2000 B Brother printer. But my experiences with refill should were never good, maybe I give it another try before buy the expensive monster.

We have 3 identical printer in the office and 2 identical older one....I'll check the refill first....

I just bought Brother Universal toner:

600 Baht for 160 Gramm= two refills for 1500 pages (1500 real life, labeled as 2600).

So toner costs before:

2000 Baht for 1500 pages=1.3 Baht/page

now considering that after 2 refills it is better to replace the toner cartridge because it might get mechanical problems

2000+300+300=2600 Baht for 1500+1500+1500=4500 pages = 0.57 baht per page. Less than half.