Lampang / Lamphun

LawrenceChee

Great stuff JC, and R23.

For the General TV audience.

I'll probably have to get a bicycle and/motorscooter when I get up there.

Any information on getting a bicycle in Lampang, and monthly rental of scooters?

PS for my contributions to the food in Lampang,

I went to the train station and saw the little street market next to it.

1)The Yakisoba kiosk is very good. Basic Japanese noodles with beef and cabbage and western sized portions for B30. And it tasted really good. So far my favorite spot in Lampang.

2)There also a kiosk offering something like a shabu shabu. Didnt get a chance to try it because i was hooked on the Yakisoba place, but it looked really popular.

3)A couple of spots offering what we in the US call "southern fried chicken". thats fried chicken with batter. the batter in TL isnt that great, but its still tasted pretty good.

One of them has wing drumetts for B15 for a pair.

Another had small breasts for B20

For Thai food

Supper SAP Isan Food
Had really good grilled chicken. It tasted like it was grilled with only a little salt as seasoning. Very tender and moist, because they go thru lots of it. I've never seen the grill without a waiting line.
Also the noodle shop just next to it has great noodles
The egg noodles with chicken was so good, i had to have a second bowl. I considered a third bowl, but since i'm pushing 95kgwhistling.gif i decided against it.
I'm told theres some good korean restaurants in Lampang. I'll post those places when i find out.
Keep those posts coming gang!

The Elephant Conservation Center is worth a stop.

They have 2 or 3 tourist shows a day there.

My wife was in the show for 4 days after taking the Mahout Classes and we had the time of our lives there.

Youtube

for more use YouTube search words Wimolnan tecc

The ladies might also like to see the Umbrella factory outside of CM (Bo Sang) and the Art factory beside it.

Not much walking involved and very interesting.

Another video

If you have time at the Elephant Conservation Centre ask whether they have any baby elephants and go for a walk to where they are kept.