Shooting in Chaweng. 2 police officers shot . One dead.

Breaking News: Samui Police Officer Killed

We have just been told by police that it was not an attempted robbery, police where on scene to apprehend a suspect for Yabba possession.

When they attempted to apprehend him a police officer was fatally wounded and we have confirmation that he has died of his wounds. The suspect is now in custody.

Read More: http://www.samuitimes.com/breaking-news-samui-police-officer-killed/

--SAMUI TIMES 2013-07-20

Sorry for the officers and their families. Seems that police training could use some work, unfortunate for them they were not so provided.

More great publicity for Samui. For such a small island, an awful lot horrible crimes, violence and accidents happen there...what a "paradise".

Just been past the PTT station on chaweng lake view road. Police are everwhere. One officer was mopping up all the blood. I guess this is were it happened. The word on the street is that 4 people were shot or stabbed! RIP to all the victims.

Very sorry for the families of the police officers.

Lasses where I have my morning coffee rode past just after 8am and said it was pretty chaotic with people running away. I was told that the suspect had a history of mental illness and was also high. Was also told several members of the public were stabbed, but haven't subsequently read this anywhere so may have been a case of thai whispers.

Agree with comments that the local police force may need some further training - am pretty sure the point of carrying side arms is to shoot baddies!

Bangkok police has arrived to protect the perpetrator from committing suicide before being brought to court.

what???? where did u get that from ????

The English would say' tongue in cheek'

The Hittites say tongue in chick. Now you get the jist?

Lasses where I have my morning coffee rode past just after 8am and said it was pretty chaotic with people running away. I was told that the suspect had a history of mental illness and was also high. Was also told several members of the public were stabbed, but haven't subsequently read this anywhere so may have been a case of thai whispers.

Agree with comments that the local police force may need some further training - am pretty sure the point of carrying side arms is to shoot baddies!

And not to allow villains take away their gun and use it to kill them.

My sympathies to the families of the deceased . . .

R

And not to allow villains take away their gun and use it to kill them.

My sympathies to the families of the deceased . . .

R

The police have training just sometimes criminals win unfortunate but true

The lad was a jet ski worker

That is one way of describing him, I'd use another description.

He is part of the Buffalo & Jetski family which consider themselves to be mafia and as such doesn't care about killing a cop.

You can see him waing his father and uncle, asking for forgiveness when they load him onto the truck for going with him to the police station - he is only sorry for the trouble he has brought onto the family.

• Like 1

"Two police officers responded on a motorbike."

"There was an altercation and the officer was stabbed and his weapon taken by the suspect. The suspect then shot and killed a officer firing a total of 15 shots,finishing one magazine. The suspect then stabbed the second officer and also one bystander. The suspect attempted to hide in a house close to PTT."

The officers arrive together on a motorbike, then the bad guy fights, shoots and kills one officer and walks around a bit (see video), while the second officer must be at some distance since he cannot be seen in the video. Yet, the bad guy manages to get close enough to the second officer and stab him. Why did the second officer not just pull his gun and shoot him??

Further, the bad guy's hands are handcuffed in front of him, and even though he just pulled an officers gun and shot him, several other police officers are seen in the video lifting the victim into the trunk of a pickup with their guns within easy reach. He had plenty more chances to pull an officers gun and start shooting.

• Like 1

Really sad, i drove by the gas station this morning about 2 and half hours after, was full of people and police.

sad.png

Here is the video, its really graphic dont watch it if you cant see what happens in reality in this crazy world

http://www.tnnthailand.com/news_detail.php?id=5157&t=news

As you say - very graphic. So sad for the policeman just trying to do his job. RIP and condolences to the family

• Like 1

He is part of the Buffalo & Jetski family which consider themselves to be mafia and as such doesn't care about killing a cop.

You can see him waing his father and uncle, asking for forgiveness when they load him onto the truck for going with him to the police station - he is only sorry for the trouble he has brought onto the family.

Thks for that very interesting hint, would never have caught that otherwise. wai2.gif

I might not be the biggest fan of our local police force, but let's hope this bastard will get what he deserves and will not be able to get free due to his family connections (unlike the son of a famous governement politician who's name starts with 'c' and ends with 'alerm'). bah.gif

Should be a no-brainer with this cctv-footage but then TIT.

Edited by longtom

Wow, if true. And I do hope that is true and that maybe this will maybe make some changes there.

Thks for that very interesting hint, would never have caught that otherwise. wai2.gif

I might not be the biggest fan of our local police force, but let's hope this bastard will get what he deserves and will not be able to get free due to his family connections (unlike the son of a famous governement politician who's name starts with 'c' and ends with 'alerm'). bah.gif

Should be a no-brainer with this cctv-footage but then TIT.

He was already mentally ill mixed with drugs had a bad combination

Not to mention, if true, a jet-ski operator...and if true, also a total scumbag

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

How do you know if the police have training, proper training Big C?

If you are new here go into Nathon opposite the post office on the beach front next to the big white tent and you will see the local police receiving training this is normally done in the afternoon. You could always go and ask when it's conducted then you can witness 1st hand.

How do you know if the police have training, proper training Big C?

because i have cousons that have been to police school for abotu 2 years.

also sometimes they used to show in the local paper when they did terrorist hostage training in the samui army base in lipa noi.

The other police are helping police ( normally local people ) who help protect the community then you have the pui yai baan who are the village bosses who provide security for their areas and they are voted in. ( some are higher ranked than other ) such as gangnang, sor jor and higher.

These are also local people who normally where miltery uniform and you have security guards that protect each amper. who also where army uniforms.

you have the army for bigger jobs. and the DSI watching over everyone. plus other agencies such as the DEA and more.

If there is anything more you would like to know i am sure you can ask a Thai they shall know all this

• Like 2