Ling Kae

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The man the OP is talking about.

Is nicknamed Tiger. He has been here nearly 7 years. In the past he taught Thais and westerners golf, and g-d knows what happened after, I assume his Tillak sent him potty.

there used to be one in the sois on sukhumvit in BKK never hannd over anything . mind you i remember the pakistani who came up to me in the street in England and said he only needed a pound for his ticket home to Pakistan ,i gave him a fiver and told him to take four friends with him.smile.png

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant, this is the reason why I read these forums.

• Like 1

I would not call him a scammer , more like a begger.

Secondly OP is somewhat delusional , how can he give foreigners a bad name if he only speaks with English speaking foreigners ?

He may not have much to go home to, if you bothered do not give him money- as easy as that.

For all you know he could be mentally unfit

Edited by lemoncake
  • Like 1

He is definitely not mentally unfit. He approaches you very calmly, speaks nicely and has an answer for every question you ask him.

This guy is approximately 60 to 65 Y/O (could be older), During his speech he mentions that he doesn't drink alcohol. You will know who he is when he speaks to you with a clear South African accent.

Call him what you like, but a fellow who repeats the same "waiting for an overseas transfer that won't come through for 5 hours" line day after day week after week sounds like a scammer/beggar to me.

• Like 1

Perhaps you should give it a try for a day just to see how much money you get. That would be pretty revealing.

yes you should try it

walk a mile in this guys shoes

then you would be a mile away and have his shoes

• Like 1

The man the OP is talking about.

Is nicknamed Tiger. He has been here nearly 7 years. In the past he taught Thais and westerners golf, and g-d knows what happened after, I assume his Tillak sent him potty.

If he has a skill then he should try and capitalise on it rather than begging/scamming. If he offered me a golf lesson I'd be more than happy to pay him for his time. All he has to do is find one bloke willing to take a lesson - if he's any good he will get referrals. The pro's charge 800-1000 baht per hour at the ranges. He could charge half that and do quite well out of it.

• Like 1

This man is a South African approximately 6 feet tall or about 185 cm. Mostly on soi Buakhow but I have seen him on soi Chaiyapoon as well. Be warned he is still waiting for that funds transfer 6 weeks later, he is a scammer.

----------------------------------------------------------------

So if you anyhow is giving a description of this guy, why not describe the most obvious????? Is he black or a white guy

from South-Africa???? is it so unpolite nowadays that you cannot use the colour of your skin to identify a human being, is that wrong???

People are really strange...

Glegolo

This man is a South African approximately 6 feet tall or about 185 cm. Mostly on soi Buakhow but I have seen him on soi Chaiyapoon as well. Be warned he is still waiting for that funds transfer 6 weeks later, he is a scammer.

So if you anyhow is giving a description of this guy, why not describe the most obvious????? Is he black or a white guy

from South-Africa???? is it so unpolite nowadays that you cannot use the colour of your skin to identify a human being, is that wrong???

Glegolo

No problem, he is a white guy with tanned skin.

Edited by Ling Kae

Glegolo

The OP clearly states he is a Farang - where's the confusion?

Glegolo

No problem, he is a white guy with tanned skin.

Good, thank you so much, now I can look out for a white guy from South-Africa than... Good to know, so thank you again....

Glegolo

Glegolo

The OP clearly states he is a Farang - where's the confusion?

i cant stand it when a thai beggar comes to you while your eating and doesnt go away until you ay him to go away, they use your comassion against you

• Like 1

He is definitely not mentally unfit. He approaches you very calmly, speaks nicely and has an answer for every question you ask him.

This guy is approximately 60 to 65 Y/O (could be older), During his speech he mentions that he doesn't drink alcohol. You will know who he is when he speaks to you with a clear South African accent.

Call him what you like, but a fellow who repeats the same "waiting for an overseas transfer that won't come through for 5 hours" line day after day week after week sounds like a scammer/beggar to me.

Mental fitness is NOT only ability to speak calmly, there are many different sicknesses out there.

Mental fitness is NOT only ability to speak calmly, there are many different sicknesses out there.

If he is in fact mentally unfit, he sure ain't stupid.

Probably spends 3 or 4 hours scrounging 100B off a dozen or more Falangs, retires for a leisurely meal and coffee on the beach (he doesn't drink alcohol apparently), select the best looking Coconut Bar girl and wander off to his 500B/day apartment for a short interlude, chase a few balloons for his evening meal, and still has change for breakfast in the morning.

Tough life - I should be so lucky!facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I have come across a few of these people also,i offer to buy them a meal and so far all of the farangs declined.

A few Thai people did and thanked me afterwards,i know a Thai man who is living on the street around here and i believe he has a mental problem.He is dirty and needs a haircut real bad,when i see him sleep somewhere i place a bottle of water and some food beside him,i hope he enjoys it and no one will steal it from him.

• Like 1

If he is in fact mentally unfit, he sure ain't stupid.

Probably spends 3 or 4 hours scrounging 100B off a dozen or more Falangs, retires for a leisurely meal and coffee on the beach (he doesn't drink alcohol apparently), select the best looking Coconut Bar girl and wander off to his 500B/day apartment for a short interlude, chase a few balloons for his evening meal, and still has change for breakfast in the morning.

Tough life - I should be so lucky!facepalm.gif

You can always do the samethumbsup.gif

Pattaya has many soi's, hopefully you will not have to have turf warlaugh.png

• Like 2

Is it totally inconceivable that something unexpected has happened rendering these people penniless/homeless? It happens all over the world. When I worked in both NYC and London I'd often give some loose change. Why does it have to be a scam? I've only been living here 7 months so maybe I am missing something? Also, genuine question, Does it follow that the 'your' embassy has to help if you are destitute?

It is a scam when he repeats the BS story and picks up a 100 baht from each farang. I gave him a 100 baht the first time, he could just as easily have picked up 900 baht more from 9 other farangs on the same day. Not bad for a days scamming is it? He said his funds transfer was delayed by 5 hours, then 6 weeks later he tried the same story on again. He is a clear liar and serial pest but then again you probably think it's ok to do this time and time again, I don't and I told him so. Please try to understand, the first time I did help but obviously I was conned. For all we know he is probably living in a nice room at our expense.

Most Embassy's will help their citizens in one way or the other. If it were me I would front up to my Consulate and ask for help. Are you seriously suggesting that the South African Embassy will not help one of their citizens under these circumstances? It happens all the time when people get robbed of all their money and passport and credit cards. I don't believe a thing this idiot says anymore and that is why I brought it to this forums attention.

Embassy does not help with money. I have read many examples when the Swedes come home from overseas trip and complain that they do not receive any help at the embassy after they have been robbed of everything they have. The embassies do not have the task to lend or give money to someone regardless of citizenship.

• Like 1

Hypoglycemics like me have no sugar in the body, the opposite of a diabetic, the doctor says, eat every four hours, something, small meal, to produce sugar to give me energy.

Some hypoglycemics have been arrested as appearing drunk, from lack of energy and possibly falling down.

Similar scam used to go on at the Don Mueng airport.

People were swarming about asking for 500 baht to leave Thailand as they'd spent all their money.

Yes that happened to me. I was asked at check-in to help fellow passenger, and I did. Then on boarding I noticed he was in Business Class!

You're lucky he wasn't the pilot.

Embassy does not help with money. I have read many examples when the Swedes come home from overseas trip and complain that they do not receive any help at the embassy after they have been robbed of everything they have. The embassies do not have the task to lend or give money to someone regardless of citizenship.

Surely they would at the very least issue you a new passport, that is what they are there for? Are you saying they would leave a Swede to be permanently without a passport and wander around Thailand with no means? No help contacting family or other? I don't believe that either. I bet the Consulate Staff would have different opinion on that.