New Names

thaibebop

Do you actually know your wife's g/f's real name?? Well you probably do if you are married...assuming you can read the document!

It works both ways. In the case of Thailand and English speaking people these are both strong cultures that seek to appropriate identity and thus language and nomenclature into an acceptable form. No one, in either Thailand, Japan or China could pronounce my true given name-so happens I come from the Celtic fringe...so they gave me a variety of appellations..most of them have settled on or circle round my family name, which is easier. Given that most English speaking people cannot say my name either we were not surprised when there was a great effort in Europe to give my wife a 'pronounceable' name. She is called Kunjana (her Chu Len is Koy as she is the 5th child), but there were astonishin Middle East connotations with that we discovered!! The best that they could come up with was Kate. She tolerates it. She calls me by my real name

But naming and identity and different ways of dealing with it is a real topic. All those people named Pig so the devils cannot steal the beautiful boy. I have met people in LOS who wear their shirts inside out to ward off attacks on their ID.............Could this be a solution to UK ID cards?

Also by the way does your wife have her Thai Family name or her Married name on her ID Card and/or Passport??

:D Wow, another jerk. :o

\And with a name like thaibebop and an avatar like that you dont think you are are a jerk...oh come on some manners!!

Do you actually know your wife's g/f's real name?? Well you probably do if you are married...assuming you can read the document! You dare ask me this than talk about manners? My avatar is actor Hiroyuki Sanada in his role of Twlight Samurai, nothing offensive. My name is Thaibebop, because I like Thai music. I wouldn't expect a Brit to know what Jazz is, but again nothing offensive. I think you have has too much time in the sun, crawl back under your rock boyo. :D

It works both ways. In the case of Thailand and English speaking people these are both strong cultures that seek to appropriate identity and thus language and nomenclature into an acceptable form. No one, in either Thailand, Japan or China could pronounce my true given name-so happens I come from the Celtic fringe...so they gave me a variety of appellations..most of them have settled on or circle round my family name, which is easier. Given that most English speaking people cannot say my name either we were not surprised when there was a great effort in Europe to give my wife a 'pronounceable' name. She is called Kunjana (her Chu Len is Koy as she is the 5th child), but there were astonishin Middle East connotations with that we discovered!! The best that they could come up with was Kate. She tolerates it. She calls me by my real name

But naming and identity and different ways of dealing with it is a real topic. All those people named Pig so the devils cannot steal the beautiful boy. I have met people in LOS who wear their shirts inside out to ward off attacks on their ID.............Could this be a solution to UK ID cards?

Also by the way does your wife have her Thai Family name or her Married name on her ID Card and/or Passport??

:D Wow, another jerk. :o

\And with a name like thaibebop and an avatar like that you dont think you are are a jerk...oh come on some manners!!

In the uk my wife uses her nickname for everyday use with friends etc, but on offical documents she uses her proper name. :o

Same with my wife. She just uses the name for interaction with others.

Edited by thaibebop

This is a little different to the general theme.

one of my nieces wanted to name her new child with an English sounding name. :D

As her husband drove a fork lift truck at work they decided to call ''FORK IT'' :D:o

When I was told I tried to explain how his name would be misused.

Eventually they changed the Childs name to ''Argon'' :D after one of the rare gasses.