Street food where is your favorite stall?

wilcopops

Sutthisan market--about one block towards the Hwai Kwang station on Rachadapisek RD.

There is a guy who has a Sai Ua grill there. Sai Ua is the Chiang Mai sausage with basil in it. It is otherworldly. If you really are into grilled meats--this is the guy to go to.

Best time to go is around Noon during the week when the market is busy. The Sutthisan market is a daytime market, and the nearby Hwai Kwang market is only open at night.

Soi 38 in Bangkok, not because the vendors are the best but because there are so many on their that are very good. My favourite is the one half way up on the right hand side where they do the beef soup with blood in it (can't remember the thai name at the moment)

what Soi 38? Skmvit, OnNut, ...................?

No, McDonalds is not tasty at all, i made two bites off the hamburger before i gave up. Burger King beats it any day of the week, and so does thai food as long as there aint no fcn mushrooms innit

I agree with BK, but it is also triple of the price.

about the mushrooms, depends on the kind of.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the best selections of Thai desserts I have found is sold by a woman on Soi Rang Nam on the sidewalk beside Century Movie Plaza (13 45' 40 N, 100 32' 14 E). I am not generally a fan of sweets but pretty much everything she offers is great but what makes her really special is the khanom thom which is the best I have ever eaten and really in a league of it's own. There are two vendors selling a similar selection and the carts look almost identical. The one I like is normally setup near the phone booth and is the cheaper of the two (but much better quality). She also sells noodles, prepackaged in small bags on the cart, maybe a good identifying feature. She opens around 6pm.

I should update this to she opens around 7pm and mention another identifying feature is the rounded clear soft plastic cover over the front of her cart while her competitor's is square. I should really just remember to take a picture...

• 3 weeks later...

One of the best selections of Thai desserts I have found is sold by a woman on Soi Rang Nam on the sidewalk beside Century Movie Plaza (13 45' 40 N, 100 32' 14 E). I am not generally a fan of sweets but pretty much everything she offers is great but what makes her really special is the khanom thom which is the best I have ever eaten and really in a league of it's own. There are two vendors selling a similar selection and the carts look almost identical. The one I like is normally setup near the phone booth and is the cheaper of the two (but much better quality). She also sells noodles, prepackaged in small bags on the cart, maybe a good identifying feature. She opens around 6pm.

All along Rangnam Road is good street food. Half way up there's a little place on the street that does ice cream, honey bread, milk shakes and other delicious desserts. It has a few tables and chairs and is popular with young Thais.

Outside the Tesco you can get good moo ping and radna moo. There's good khow man gai near the top of the road on the left hand side as well as beef noodle soup. The boat noodles in the area are famous.

I often go on 'street food adventures' round the area.

Travel Fish did a good write up of what's available - http://www.travelfish.org/blogs/thailand/2012/02/16/bangkok-street-food-adventures-rangnam-road-part-1/