Street food where is your favorite stall?

wilcopops

Soi 38 in Bangkok, not because the vendors are the best but because there are so many on their that are very good. My favourite is the one half way up on the right hand side where they do the beef soup with blood in it (can't remember the thai name at the moment)

Ah! there is a comma instead of a period - I travel around Thailand quite a lot and would like to get a map together on my Satnav that I can refer to when I'm peckish.......I'm heading up to Nakon Sawan next week - maybe do a detour.

thanks for the BKK Soi too!

Edited by wilcopops

Hi, any suggestions for koh samui? Me and the mrs will be there on holiday in a few weeks, we've not tried much Thai food so i don't really have any preferences as such but willing to try some suggestions you good people may have?

Thanks

James

Ah! there is a comma instead of a period - I travel around Thailand quite a lot and would like to get a map together on my Satnav that I can refer to when I'm peckish.......I'm heading up to Nakon Sawan next week - maybe do a detour.

thanks for the BKK Soi too!

If you're coming to Nakhon Sawan you're welcome to stop by and eat and have a cool one. It's not hard to find. If coming on AH! (32), you get off at Highway 11, 3 km past the "only" trafic light in Innburi and turn right exactly 34.9 kilometers from the turn off. Go 3.5 kilometers and your there. The road is bad, partially paved plus dirt and gravel and no houses but it's the road that I live on. The "restaurant" is a converted bus stop on the corner of the second cross road and my house is 250 meters further on on the left, the last house on the road, nothing but corn and sugar cane beyond.

Hi, any suggestions for koh samui? Me and the mrs will be there on holiday in a few weeks, we've not tried much Thai food so i don't really have any preferences as such but willing to try some suggestions you good people may have?

Thanks

James

You should repost this in the Samui forum, you'll get lots of recommendations.

There is a fat little guy who makes the best moo-ping on the corner of Soi Convent and Silom. BUT he does not get there until late - something like 10.30 or 11 PM. It is fantastic, fresh, perfectly b.b.q.ed, and served with a delicious sauce which is a bit hot but not too hot.

• Like 1

IME the best are often short lived as they move on or change some aspect of the food in a different supplier or the cooking killing the golden goose, we've seen a few that were doing well with Khun X was doing well but steps up to run a second location and thinks that the son/daughter/misc relative employee can maintain the standard or provide the service to regulars to provide consistency.

In a nearby town is a noodle shop (large room in a house) that is tucked away well off the main roads with no parking spaces, you have to park 50 metres away and walk in - yet does very high trade and you often have to wait while take-away orders are processed for motorbike dispatch.

Braised Beef soup with yellow noodles.

• Like 1

Coordinates equate to 15 degrees, 18 minutes, 3 seconds North, and 100 degrees 31 minutes, 56 seconds East. She sells fried rice, noodles, Pad krapow, soup, radna and other dishes. All made fresh with local produce when you order. Unfortunately it's about 240 kilometers north of Bangkok in a small Thai village, but about 250 meters from my home. The owner/cook/chief bottle washer is my wife.

I live about 240 kilos north of Bangkok in a small Thai village, It is obviously not in my village, can you tell me where your wifes cart is? There is only one other Farang in my village and he is constantly drunk.

IME the best are often short lived as they move on or change some aspect of the food in a different supplier or the cooking killing the golden goose, we've seen a few that were doing well with Khun X was doing well but steps up to run a second location and thinks that the son/daughter/misc relative employee can maintain the standard or provide the service to regulars to provide consistency.

In a nearby town is a noodle shop (large room in a house) that is tucked away well off the main roads with no parking spaces, you have to park 50 metres away and walk in - yet does very high trade and you often have to wait while take-away orders are processed for motorbike dispatch.

Braised Beef soup with yellow noodles.

Any map coordinates for that?

American owned Superbdogs, a hot dog stand right outside BTS Nana station! Try the beef hot-dog!

You must be the owner, I have only seen TWO customers order from there since it opened (month or two ago). The person working there always looks so lonely :P

Coordinates equate to 15 degrees, 18 minutes, 3 seconds North, and 100 degrees 31 minutes, 56 seconds East. She sells fried rice, noodles, Pad krapow, soup, radna and other dishes. All made fresh with local produce when you order. Unfortunately it's about 240 kilometers north of Bangkok in a small Thai village, but about 250 meters from my home. The owner/cook/chief bottle washer is my wife.

I live about 240 kilos north of Bangkok in a small Thai village, It is obviously not in my village, can you tell me where your wifes cart is? There is only one other Farang in my village and he is constantly drunk.

About 10 kilometers southwest of Takfa, about 4 kilometers due east of higway 11. Open Google Earth and put in the coordinates above and you will see exacyly where. I'm the only farang in the village and seldom see any others in town other than the Engish teachers in the local school who take off to Bangkok every weekend.

It's really not a cart, but a bus stop that has been converted into a small restaurant at the request of the village chief. They built the bus stop over ten years ago but there has never been any busses abd until just recently the road was dirt.

Edited by wayned

One of the best selections of Thai desserts I have found is sold by a woman on Soi Rang Nam on the sidewalk beside Century Movie Plaza (13 45' 40 N, 100 32' 14 E). I am not generally a fan of sweets but pretty much everything she offers is great but what makes her really special is the khanom thom which is the best I have ever eaten and really in a league of it's own. There are two vendors selling a similar selection and the carts look almost identical. The one I like is normally setup near the phone booth and is the cheaper of the two (but much better quality). She also sells noodles, prepackaged in small bags on the cart, maybe a good identifying feature. She opens around 6pm.

Any map coordinates for that?

Drive to Issan, turn left, over the bridge turn right, to the end after the Wat make another right and park up by the long wall with the broken tree. The house is at the end and has green canopy out front with very very fat dog inside.

facepalm.gif

The Baan San in Patong. All the carts there every night. Don't be late many of the carts have sold

all there product by 8pm and are closing up and leaving.

I will take McDonalds thank you.

Are you allergic to real food? The stories that you hear about McDonalds ingredients being far from the food chain are not just rumors. They are true, and documented. Tasty at times, yes, but horrible substitutes for real food. Enjoy!

No, McDonalds is not tasty at all, i made two bites off the hamburger before i gave up.

Burger King beats it any day of the week, and so does thai food as long as there aint no fcn mushrooms innit