Can I get a long tail from Karon beach to Freedom beach?

wellred

The longtails have recently taking a page from the tuk tuks/taxi's book and are now charging much more than in other parts of Thailand. What was 500-600B a few years ago has soared to 1200-1500B now. Expect to pay 1000B if your negotiation skills are good.

One small detail though. Longtails don't run on the west coast in the low season. The surf is to high. November-April only.

The longtails have recently taking a page from the tuk tuks/taxi's book and are now charging much more than in other parts of Thailand. What was 500-600B a few years ago has soared to 1200-1500B now. Expect to pay 1000B if your negotiation skills are good.

One small detail though. Longtails don't run on the west coast in the low season. The surf is to high. November-April only.

Been seeing a lot of question posts from wellred, NJ, I think he's looking forward to his Thailand vacation sometime in December.

wellred, you should be o.k. on that Karon longtail to Freedom beach at that time of year but yes, as the others have mentioned you'll need to negotiate and to me, seems sort of a pricey way to get there.

But hey, your holiday, enjoy yourself.

• Like 1

Been seeing a lot of question posts from wellred, NJ, I think he's looking forward to his Thailand vacation sometime in December.

wellred, you should be o.k. on that Karon longtail to Freedom beach at that time of year but yes, as the others have mentioned you'll need to negotiate and to me, seems sort of a pricey way to get there.

But hey, your holiday, enjoy yourself.

Yes. December it will be calm and the LT's will be out again along the west coast.

Thanks all... yes it's December I am going. 1000 - 1500 seems pretty expensive for a day trip at a local beach but I think getting there via land is a bit tricky and I will probably be with a lady friend so long tail it is.

Thanks all... yes it's December I am going. 1000 - 1500 seems pretty expensive for a day trip at a local beach but I think getting there via land is a bit tricky and I will probably be with a lady friend so long tail it is.

Go down to Rawaii, the longtail drivers there are very reasonable and the islands around there are sensational