No rubbish pickup

brummiebob

Does any one have problems with rubbish pickup?

There hasn't been garbage truck to pickup the rubbish in my street for five days now, I live in Central Road, normally they comes every night as we have quite a few shops in the area.

official answer from city hall range from broken down truck to overcapacity at the dump site making them having to use a new dump site at higher cost.

Looks like it only affect certain neighbourhood only so it might be due to certain subcontractor only.

My street is looking like a scene from the simpson now, with piles of garbage bag at every corner and general stench in the air, at least they cleared a few piles away from Central road last night, maybe just for the marathon.

We tried grabbing a truck that'd drove past but they say it's not their round, can't do anything about it

They should just pay the overtime at make the other subcontrator that's still operating come in and clean up this mess

As far as I can tell the affected area is on central road from Big C, Soi Ume all the way toward Sukhumvit

Does anyone else have this issue too?

Edited by brummiebob

The garbage truck rolled up about 10 PM last night on soi new Plaza just as usual and on this mornings walk soi 13/3 was being serviced as well. But Pattaya Klang soi 11 it appears as though no pick up has been made for a while... Hit and miss I think.

My wife moved into the new house out in Nongplalai and mentioned that all the bins are full. Not sure if it's the same garbage contractor or possibly the village in the process of forming the owners association. I recall reading that builder/developers hand over responsibility to the owners for garbage, security, etc., after a certain period of time?

The bins might be full of all the new Government propaganda leaflets going around talking about the rice problems and how Thailand is still prospering. Would make sense why the bins are all full.

I am in Soi Yume and up until yesterday there was an enormous pile of garbage bags and full bins. Thankfully it's gone now but I have noticed the night before that even a long Second near the junction of Klang the smell was disgusting from uncollected garbage and I thought about all the extra tourists that would be here during the long weekend.

Looks like the problem's been sorted

Not really, I have had this problem now for several months (Soi Paniad Chang 8)

Wow, maybe they've started in the smaller sois where they can get away with first, My streets' closer to Central road and haven't been picked up since Thursday, yesterday they came and managed to clear away half the pile and this morning it was all gone

I notice too that for about sometimes now the daily pickup is reduced to just once every two days

When we lived in Pattaya trash pick up was always an issue. We had rats running around in our village and living in the large piles of trash.

I guess it's all part of the new "Green Pattaya" campaign. rolleyes.gif

It has never been an issue since I've been here - until now.

When we lived in Pattaya trash pick up was always an issue. We had rats running around in our village and living in the large piles of trash.

We lived in three different places in Pattaya over the years, two of them were OK. One of them had issues with trash and water. We would go weeks without city water sometimes, as well as no trash pickup. Oddly, the location with the most trouble was the closest to the city. After that lease was up we left as quickly as we could.

We lived in three different places in Pattaya over the years, two of them were OK. One of them had issues with trash and water. We would go weeks without city water sometimes, as well as no trash pickup. Oddly, the location with the most trouble was the closest to the city. After that lease was up we left as quickly as we could.

I can understand why you don't like Pattaya.

Anyway, rubbish has just been collected.