Disgrace

I am more and more reading the word disgrace in many topics.now I would like that you fellows out there tell me what are the greatest disgrace in our beautiful guest country in your opinion. For me NOT: Pattaya,Phuket,jet ski scams,double pricing and cheating( everybody's own fault). For me definitely the most disgracing things are:legal system;education;feudal system,hypocrisy and " the loose face thing"... Sorry forgot "may bpen rai". But as usual if I ask something please keep it civilized!!!

You expect another boring thread about the negative aspects of life in Thailand to remain civil !!!

It's a 'disgrace' that you have even bothered to start this thread...

Why not just post your thoughts on 1 of the other 236 threads of a similar nature ??

Buy a duck, that will make you smile :)

• Like 1

Shameful,

And,

Your misspelling of "Maibenrai" doesn't help none.

The only nondiscraceful thing to be said on this page is, you do not have bad taste in

Dogs

And that one you have is about as cute as they come.

Which may be disgraceful in its own right

Because what self-respecting dog like that

Would wish to hang around with someone who opens a Topic of this cruel nature,

Cruel in that it too much promotes boredom among the members.

It's not as disgraceful as people who spell disgraceful as "discraceful" even when the forum has a spell checker.

That's a bloody "discrace" that is.

smile.png

So, Chicog, where did you say that spell checker is?

And, maybe I need a much larger monitor than this postage stamp size excuse for a monitor that I am now using, so that I can actually SEE the spell checker IF I ever find it, and when I do then maybe I can also recognize I have typed a c when I thought it was a g.

BUT MORE THAN THIS, if I might intrude here for just a sec,

I can't find your disgraceful comment you made about restoring gmail to original, for some strange reason.

And now, I have been searching without luck. I know I need to follow your lead.

Don't worry though, do not pay me no heed. (how is THAT for some spelling?)

And also do not chastise me, as usual, for my disgraceful lack of courtesy in broaching this here,

It is just shameful, I know.

It's not as disgraceful as people who spell disgraceful as "discraceful" even when the forum has a spell checker.

smile.png

And, maybe I need a much larger monitor than this postage stamp size excuse for a monitor that I am now using, so that I can actually SEE the spell checker IF I ever find it, and when I do then maybe I can also recognize I have typed a c when I thought it was a g.

I can't find your disgraceful comment you made about restoring gmail to original, for some strange reason.

And also do not chastise me, as usual, for my disgraceful lack of courtesy in broaching this here,

A poor workman blames his tools. If one does not have the tools to do a good job, put the job off till you've got the tools to hand, or put in the extra effort to do it correctly with the tools to hand. One should not set a bad example to local workmen, who all too-frequently err on the shoddy side of craftsmanship. We have a duty to ourselves, to our fellows, and to those who are ignorant of such things, to maintain our exemplary standards.

And don't get me started on the importance of polite discretion when it comes to highlighting the faults of others. If they are already aware, then a reminder is not necessary, and if they cannot see their own short-comings, then your helpful advice is likely to fall on deaf ears.

SC

smile.png

A poor workman blames his tools. If one does not have the tools to do a good job, put the job off till you've got the tools to hand, or put in the extra effort to do it correctly with the tools to hand. One should not set a bad example to local workmen, who all too-frequently err on the shoddy side of craftsmanship. We have a duty to ourselves, to our fellows, and to those who are ignorant of such things, to maintain our exemplary standards.

And don't get me started on the importance of polite discretion when it comes to highlighting the faults of others. If they are already aware, then a reminder is not necessary, and if they cannot see their own short-comings, then your helpful advice is likely to fall on deaf ears.

SC

SC, your comment here was posted at 14:26.

It is now 19:45 Thailand Time. (Not Tome)(That would be Neung Tome Plus 45)

Over 5 hours have elapsed,

Still, nothing I have thought of to say, which might be better than what you have said this afternoon.

So let us just leave it at that.

Again, sorry, and,

What a discrace.

now I would like that you fellows out there tell me what are the greatest disgrace in our beautiful guest country in your opinion.

People that have been on TV for 5 minutes and have clocked thousands of posts. While not a disgrace--each to their own--it is kind of SAD and surely most of what they're putting down is b.o.r.i.n.g.

Shameful,

And,

Your misspelling of "Maibenrai" doesn't help none.

The only nondiscraceful thing to be said on this page is, you do not have bad taste in

Dogs

And that one you have is about as cute as they come.

Which may be disgraceful in its own right

Because what self-respecting dog like that

Would wish to hang around with someone who opens a Topic of this cruel nature,

Cruel in that it too much promotes boredom among the members.

So how about your own spelling??? Instead of being so nasty to other people take a good look at yourself......

ไม่เป็นไร mai bpen rai

Glegolo

now I would like that you fellows out there tell me what are the greatest disgrace in our beautiful guest country in your opinion.

People that have been on TV for 5 minutes and have clocked thousands of posts. While not a disgrace--each to their own--it is kind of SAD and surely most of what they're putting down is b.o.r.i.n.g.

Even though we know there is usually no wheat in the chaff of these sorts of topics,

It is still not right or polite to leave them completely fallow.

Edited by OldChinaHam

smile.png

i suspect spell check is only available on browsers that are not diesel powered

• Like 1

Even though we know there is usually no wheat in the chaff of these sorts of topics,

I worry the cattle will get sick browsing stuff like this

• Like 1

smile.png

i suspect spell check is only available on browsers that are not diesel powered

And, you are,

Speaking about my truck and truck battery plug-in computer?

Or about my disgraceful taste in fashion?

I worry the cattle will get sick browsing stuff like this

Did you grow up on a farm?

Or, are you alluding to the members who remind you of farm animals?

But neither for me,

I do not enjoy the disgraceful behavior of some members of the human race,

When they board planes from anywhere to anywhere, especially in America,

And become very cattle like.

Sometimes, I think it would be good to just give a few a good prod.

But that too would be disgraceful,

Unless they specifically asked for this extra service in coach class,

And then the airlines would need to charge extra for the prods,

And the prodding.

But for some cabin attendants the prodding of the cattle they would gladly do for free.

And the other way around, I would also like to see.

I generally find unsubstantiated rants on internet forums a disgrace. It assumes that all forum members are equally exposed to the same selective experience of a non-engaging and superficial existence in their host country, while desperately seeking comfort in some steoro-typical and compartmentalised, black and white view of the world.

• Like 1

I generally find unsubstantiated rants on internet forums a disgrace. It assumes that all forum members are equally exposed to the same selective experience of a non-engaging and superficial existence in their host country, while desperately seeking comfort in some steoro-typical and compartmentalised, black and white view of the world.

We have reached a consensus,

And are all agreed then,

Guess case closed.

Or, not?

• Like 1

Sorry fellows but unfortunately some of your guys got the purpose of this topic completely wrong.my intention was actually to collect the usual/ unusual answers and open a a new one ( called disgrace II - what to do) and ask for anybodys advise what we can do to improve the situation.I know we can't change a entire system but everybody can do some small things to improve the way of thinking.for example in my work place everybody who is coming to work have to wear a helmet and have to have a driving license(supported by our employer), we are separating garbage,found corporate social responisibily project to help elder people we support the local school.I organize a monthly clean up in our moo baan,provide the trash bags and be hands on just after three months the situation has improved quiet a lot les and les plastic bags and other rubbish is dumped everywhere...as i said small things.but many small things can build up a big thing.but before to start to solve a problem you have to identify the problem and the couse of it.hope you got now a clearer picture.p.s.for Thai bashing I am stil to young and much to happy here!

Sorry fellows but unfortunately some of your guys got the purpose of this topic completely wrong.my intention was actually to collect the usual/ unusual answers and open a a new one ( called disgrace II - what to do) and ask for anybodys advise what we can do to improve the situation.I know we can't change a entire system but everybody can do some small things to improve the way of thinking.for example in my work place everybody who is coming to work have to wear a helmet and have to have a driving license(supported by our employer), we are separating garbage,found corporate social responisibily project to help elder people we support the local school.I organize a monthly clean up in our moo baan,provide the trash bags and be hands on just after three months the situation has improved quiet a lot les and les plastic bags and other rubbish is dumped everywhere...as i said small things.but many small things can build up a big thing.but before to start to solve a problem you have to identify the problem and the couse of it.hope you got now a clearer picture.p.s.for Thai bashing I am stil to young and much to happy here!

BUT, if you depart from your location it will go back to how it was, for sure. sad.png

If it was up to me, I'd introduce punctuation, capital letters and short paragraphs. But I don't think that their absence is a disgrace, merely an inconvenience.

I think the sending off of a Fijian playing for Malaysia last year was a disgrace for that nation, albeit a minor one; but it was a major contributor to them losing the game, and Thailand progressing to Division One