How To Make My Web Browser Faster?

cnnaing

hi..all

my work is uploading images and entering data into the server. now my current project is uploading images. when i open my browser (firefox and ie) to upload, it takes so long time bcoz there are many images to view. so.. how can i make faster ? thanks

You could use an FTP program instead of browsers.

Download SmartFTP from http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/network/fwftp.h

i already have SmartFTP 2.0. but i'm not only uploading but also connecting (linking or adding). i means after uploading images, i make a connect (clicking "add") image and product.

whatever thanks you alot. if you have some more adivice, give me.

try opera browser

Lynx? lol

In fact there is not real miracle solution because a pic of 1 Meg will always be 1 Meg, so it take time to reach your computer. The browser speed is one thing, but count for little.

At your place what I would do is to make a small scrit in php, using the GD libriary (or imagemagick) to display send not the real picture, but a smallest one (only you will access that script and it would be used just for that purpose).

Here is one sample, if you mind I try to be smart ass :

$dsiplay = 'THE_NAME_OF YOUR_PIC';

if (file_exists($dsiplay)){

$size = GetImageSize($dsiplay);

if($size[0]>$size[1]) {

$init_data = $size[0];

} else {

$init_data = $size[1];

}

$ratio = 350/$init_data;

$new_width = $size[0]*$ratio ;

$new_height = $size[1]*$ratio;

$type = $size[2];

if ($size) {

$im = imagecreatetruecolor($new_width,$new_height);

switch ($type){

case 1:

$source = imagecreatefromgif($dsiplay);

imagecopyresized($im, $source, 0, 0, 0, 0, $new_width, $new_height, $size[0], $size[1]);

break;

case 2:

$source = imagecreatefromjpeg($dsiplay);

imagecopyresized($im, $source, 0, 0, 0, 0, $new_width, $new_height, $size[0], $size[1]);

break;

case 3:

$source = imagecreatefrompng($dsiplay);

break;

}

}

}

imagejpeg($img3,'',100);

it will take a picture in entry, check if the pic exist (it imply you have to give the path from where you are, as if the script is in the main folder, the pic in a folder called images, so $display must me :

$display = 'images/pic.gif';

then test the size and the type, then will send a pic with the biggest size (width or height) at 350, the other will be proportionate. You can adapt the 350 to the size that fit your need/work.

Enjoy

hi'

a bit easier, use filezilla :o

free and working fine :D

so far the best free ftp soft I have seen, using it as well :D

francois

i think he precised he have work to do on after that need to screen/display (sorry I am not fluent in english), so an manager can be useless in my 2 cents.

i already have SmartFTP 2.0. but i'm not only uploading but also connecting (linking or adding). i means after uploading images, i make a connect (clicking "add") image and product.

whatever thanks you alot. if you have some more adivice, give me.

Like for every documentation, better to read all before :D