Songkran Advice

marshbags

daleyboy, whether it's assault or not is not that important.

In CM around the moat, it is nigh on impossible to stay dry.You would have to be a bit thick going out not expecting to get wet.

A couple of years ago I was in Patpong.The place was chokka block with people.(kids families etc ) pick ups were streaming through and water was flying everywhere.Utes were making special trips just to go through the pong.This bloke came out of an alley in civvies.He was wet and pissed off.

He came over to the bar that I was in and said in a very loud voice "haven't you guys got a home to go to" I just looked at him like he was an idiot and said "Why on earth would you walk through here" he said "Because it was a short cut." I almost pissed myself..... What a dumd prick. :D

:o:D :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another ocker juvenile <deleted>. Why don't you try that stunt in Sydney's Songkhran festival and see how far you get without getting your nose broken by a fun loving local.

That's the very reason that a festival like Songkhran is a no go in a country like England, apart from the lousy weather, the people are just too aggressive and miserable.

The original statement was rather DUM and dangerous, STOP having a go at the English, we are not all agressive :D

They are not all football hooligans! :D

Some of us dont even like football :o I would rather watch paint dry than watch a game of footy :D

as an Englishman this statement qualifies you as a dangerous subversive...an investigation shall be underway shortly...

STOP having a go at the English, we are not all agressive :D

Were are you from Japan? bunch of racists I beleive? :D

So you disagree with me, you think England could have such an event as Songkran with no pitched battles ? C'mon, be realistic.......there are battles every Friday night without the extra aggro of having buckets of water thrown all over your nice new Adidas Track suit and your 100 quid trainers that match your athletic beer gut and tattoos.......haha........... :D

By the way, I'm English.

Who's that in my avatar, Yoko Ono ? :o

as an Englishman this statement qualifies you as a dangerous subversive...an investigation shall be underway shortly...

:o I only enjoy a mans game, like rugby. Football is full of over paid pretty boys, that are better actors than team players :D

So you disagree with me, you think England could have such an event as Songkran with no pitched battles ? C'mon, be realistic.......there are battles every Friday night without the extra aggro of having buckets of water thrown all over your nice new Adidas Track suit and your 100 quid trainers that match your athletic beer gut and tattoos.......haha........... :D

By the way, I'm English.

Who's that in my avatar, Yoko Ono ? :D

Indeed i used to work on the doors of nightclubs, to finance my way through uni, and i used to see plenty of violence over such childish things, throwing water on someone would probably end up with a broken bottle being stuck in someones face :D

Nice avatar btw the only decent leader the uk has had in 30 years :o

the best thing to do is put icy cold water in you water guns.

The best is drenching people who dont want to be wet. And even funnier when

they get really pissed off after continuing to wet them.

Another ocker juvenile <deleted>. Why don't you try that stunt in Sydney's Songkhran festival and see how far you get without getting your nose broken by a fun loving local.

Well im probaly abit of a prick, but I say if your outside during the water festival I will wet you to get into it.

If ya dont like it then stay in doors.

When i was in Samui i was dropping water bombs on peoples head from my hotel room. They were pissed at first but had a laugh coz they new there was a water festival going on.

No, it looks like a monstrous tyrant who wanders around destroying the very fabric of society and stealing milk from children. Thank god she appears to be totally ga-ga and demented now. I fear my relocation to Thailand means I will fail in my quest to be the first person arrested for despoiling her grave.

Looks like it'll be fun ..... Out of BKK tmw ... heading "upcountry" but since it isn't Isaan and you can get there in a couple of hours ... :o

Temple in the morning of the 13th .... then throwing water all day! (Here's to seeing some uptight "git" in a suit!

No, it looks like a monstrous tyrant who wanders around destroying the very fabric of society and stealing milk from children. Thank god she appears to be totally ga-ga and demented now. I fear my relocation to Thailand means I will fail in my quest to be the first person arrested for despoiling her grave.

Glad to hear that MarkBKK. I was beginning to think that this forum was populated by balding, middle-aged, right wing tw@ts! :D She really was a b@stard!

I wish i was in thailand right now, missing all the fun.

Throw some water on someone who dont wanna get wet for me will ya.

Will a big bucket of ice water on some bitter old fart dressed to the nines make you feel better about not being here? :o

Will a big bucket of ice water on some bitter old fart dressed to the nines make you feel better about not being here? :o

hel_l yes

Mind you I know I shouldnt laff but I saw some well dressed lads and ladies get absolutely drenched. I don't think they knew what Songkran was - looked bright as a lobster. However too tempting a target for some. :o

laugh it up, its always tempting.

It makes songkran much more fun.

Immature maybe, but wetting people who are already wet just isnt as good.

Will a big bucket of ice water on some bitter old fart dressed to the nines make you feel better about not being here? :D

About seven years ago, Songkhran time I was at my restaurant in Chiangmai, when an elderly couple walked past. They had come from Mae Ping hotel, just down the road where they were staying. Without any warning a bucket of ice cold water was hurled out of and adjacent bar by some drunken tourists. drenching them both. The husband dropped to the pavement when the water hit him. and was later admitted to the Chiangmai Ram having suffered a mild heart attack. The time was approximately seven in the evening!!! My partner called both the hospital and the police, but the "gentlemen" who had thrown the water were long gone.

Donz is just a juvenile, and UG is utterly pathetic for even sucking up to him.

Everybody else have a safe and fun filled holiday :o

Will a big bucket of ice water on some bitter old fart dressed to the nines make you feel better about not being here? :D

The best thing about Songkran is that old ladies, whingers and cry-babies like Mae jo-momma will all be locked in their rooms for 5 days moaning to the walls and leaving the rest of us to enjoy a wonderful holiday. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

The best thing about Songkran is that old ladies, whingers and cry-babies like Mae jo-momma will all be locked in their rooms for 5 days moaning to the walls and leaving the rest of us to enjoy a wonderful holiday. :D

Not whinging Georgie or even contemplating crying, just saddened by the rank stupidity, and when you are a big boy you might acquire a better understanding of these things :o Then again maybe not :D

Yes, I've noticed how clever and mature you are as you follow me all over the board throwing in witless, juvenile insults at my every post - my own personal stalker.

Enjoy your room for the next week, or so, old timer. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

About seven years ago, Songkhran time I was at my restaurant in Chiangmai, when an elderly couple walked past. They had come from Mae Ping hotel, just down the road where they were staying. Without any warning a bucket of ice cold water was hurled out of and adjacent bar by some drunken tourists. drenching them both. The husband dropped to the pavement when the water hit him. and was later admitted to the Chiangmai Ram having suffered a mild heart attack. The time was approximately seven in the evening!!! My partner called both the hospital and the police, but the "gentlemen" who had thrown the water were long gone.

Mate i wouldnt throw water at eldery people, relax your sacks abit.

I like having abit of fun, I bet you do it too.

Admit it

Not whinging Georgie or even contemplating crying, just saddened by the rank stupidity, and when you are a big boy you might acquire a better understanding of these things :o Then again maybe not :D

Its just water, it aint gonna hurt no-one

Thailand next year? :o

Laos bans mobile Songkran spraying

The government of Laos has banned revellers from spraying people with water from moving vehicles during this week's Buddhist new year celebrations, Radio Vientiane reported Monday.

The first-time ban appears to be part of a campaign to tone down the yearly celebrations in the communist nation, during which people in Laos, Thailand and Burma drive around in open-backed vehicles and douse pedestrians and other motorists with water and powder.

The Lao government radio broadcast, monitored in Bangkok, said police would set up checkpoints to prevent the mobile water fights, as well as to enforce speed limits and catch drunk drivers.

"It's prohibited to use vehicles to spray water from containers on people on the streets," the broadcast said, adding that offenders would be arrested and possibly fined. -(dpa)

My Songkran.

07:00 Wake up, get dressed & prepare to offer alms to the local monks.

07:30 Try to roll Jez out of bed for above event.

08:00 Offer respects to the local shrine - wash with water.

08:30: FRY UP! \o/

09:30 be presented with the biggest mother of all water guns from the mum-in-law. smile and douse accordingly.

10:00 - 18:00 have fun, and liberate some chaings down the secret tunnels to freedom.

18:30 try to tell Jez it is the best way to get that dammed powder ouf of his ears.

19:00 also tell Jez his water pistol is best not used in his bedroom.

19:15 change sheets.

I'm having fun, sure it got jaded for a bit, but with lit'lun it's more enjoyable again. Please bare in mind i've left Burma's "Thingyan" to be here - thats WAY madder than Thailand. if you want a madhouse, go there :o

Happy Songkran posters!

K