Thailand to become ASEAN's seafood hub

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear the Thai government is going to tie this in with a shrimp-pledging scheme -- just like the rice one. They'll overpay the farmers for the shrimps and stockpile them. Then when the quality deteriorates, the shrimp go missing, and Thailand has lost it's high place in the world of seafood exports, Yingy and her ice cream eating lackeys will know they've done a good job.

Edited by Wavefloater

whistling.gif

The irony of all of that is, Green Peace just said a week ago that the Thais were ruining the Gulf Of Thailand and that small fish were not able to grow into large ones. Looks like The Agriculture and Cooperatives Ministry didn't get the memo

-----------------

In 1979 a Thai-Chinese friend of mine was planning to buy a beach property south of Bangkok.

It was near a Mangrove forest area, and it had an active fishing industry area near by.

Young fish, Shrimp, and Crabs use mangrove forests as juveniles to hide from other fish predators.

That's what Mangrove forests do for the environment, they are nursery areas for young fish.

The young fish hide in the Mangrove roots where larger predators can't get to them among the tangle of roots.

Without young fish, there won't be large fish later to catch.

Now, in that area, all the Mangrove forests are cut down for beach front properties and hotels.

And the local fishing industry has gone to h-ll.

Now much of that area is Shrimp and Prawn farms. All fed on commercial processed fish food.

And they are all farmed but tasteless mush compared to the previously wild Shrimp and Prawns that once grew naturally in the Mangroves.

Thailand ... the hub of farmed but mushy tasting seafood.

whistling.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 2

I think Malaysia and Vietnam may have something to say about that.

I thought Thailand was going to be the hub of communications, the hub for rebuilding Myanmar.

I have a feeling that the Myanmar government remembers all the deals Mr. T did with the generals.

Well Myanmar comms went to Scandinavia and a mid-east company; two major infrastructure deals went to Singapore companies, the reason given by Myanmar they needed trust worthy partners in any major deals.laugh.pnggiggle.gif

This regime has promised more hubs than Raleigh bicycles and failed to deliver any.

Thailand used to be the world's hub for rice and that's screwed up beyond belief and beyond salvation.

Seafood hub? Hub of diseased prawns more like!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Everytime you turn around it's something new. Does anyone know exactly how many things Thailand is the 'hub' for? It seems hard to imagine a single country being capable of so much hubbing.

We seem to be getting these sort of announcements (news stories) from various ministers on a regular basis.

Makes me wonder if they have all been given instructions to come out with something to keep the spotlight off the important things that the Govt wants kept quiet.

Things like amnesty, rice, flood money, 2.2 trillion.

You have to remember that we only get a translation of the Thai news so all these insignificant and sometimes silly statements go out to Kohn Thai through all the media.

As farang we don't count in the scheme of things its the Thai people who have to be fooled.

Well somebody in governement thought the idea was Brill, personally I think they're all Loco and that it will Flounder, put another way I reckon it's all a load of Pollocks..

Edited by chiang mai

Holy mackerel I think you've got it.

The government makes these statements just for the halibut.

Frankly, I think they should all clam up about hubs, otherwise a plaice like Vietnam or Burma is going to mussel in on the fishing hub thing as this industry is flourishing to the tuna billions of baht a year.

You cod be onto something there.

Frankly, I think they should all clam up about hubs, otherwise a plaice like Vietnam or Burma is going to mussel in on the fishing hub thing as this industry is flourishing to the tuna billions of baht a year.

I heard this government project is called Funding Needmore.

Edited by Payboy
  • Like 1

Yet another HUB! don't the ministries who spout this verbal diarrhea understand we are all LOLcheesy.gif

Why would any other nation make all the bother of having to go to nasty Bangkok to buy seafood that they can easily buy directly from the original suppliers/country?

When they say HUB I am sure they mean step-in as an extra unwanted middleman.

bah.gif

Although the authorities should solve their monkfish problems first because If someone don't step in it could become sheer anchovy!

I think its crab that Thailand should think of become the sole HUB and mussel in like this, it looks very fishy to me and it could krill the market.

Edited by newermonkey