Brother of controversial Thai monk says he, not Wirapol, was man in bed

webfact

CONTROVERSIAL MONK
Brother says he, not Wirapol, was man in bed

The Nation,
Nonthaburi

30211035-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- Jet-setting former monk Wirapol Sukphol's younger brother yesterday told the media he was the person in the controversial picture that had been thought to be of Wirapol, better known then as Luang Pu Nenkham, lying alongside a woman.

Suri Sukphol, who was presented at the press conference by key follower Sukhum Wongprasit, claimed he was ordained as a novice at Wat Phukhao Kaew in Ubon Ratchathani and stayed with Wirapol.

He claimed he'd once stolen the ex-monk’s car to pick up the woman in the picture before taking her to a resort in Si Sa Ket to have sex, but he had no idea who took the picture. He said he felt bad for the ex-monk who was the victim of mudslinging. Suri said he was ready for any test to back his claim.

Meanwhile, Department of Special Investigation (DSI) chief Tarit Pengdit yesterday said the agency had sent an arrest warrant to US authorities to consider revoking Wirapol’s visa. He said the agency would also closely watch the movement by the ex-monk's followers, although their actions so far weren't yet within the frame of obstructing authority or tampering with evidence.

In Ubon Ratchathani, DSI’s Security Crime Bureau chief Pong-in Intarakhao interviewed a witness who claimed Wirapol stayed at tow garages in Warinchamrap district and once had a wrecked white Volvo car to repair - which was in line with previous accusations the former monk was involved in a car accident that killed a person.

DSI investigators also took for inspection three cars the ex-monk had donated to the Highway Police Division 6's fourth station.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-24

And how much has he been paid to act as a 'double' ?. Seriously; these guys should be film stars because there is an interesting story running here with several possible sequels, but what to call the first movie ? ''Monks On The Run'' seems apt.

• Like 1

but he had no idea who took the picture

Obviously it must be the person who slipped in unseen, made up the room, changed the toiletries, restocked the minibar, and snapped a few pics just for Instagram. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I think, I will try that one next time I come home at 5am with lipstick all over my face wub.png . "My brother did it"

No. You say, "Hi. I'm Soi41's brother. It's nice to meet you. He's at the temple and asked me to tell you he'll be home right after he finishes meditation."

I just watched Thai tv news and they had two photos side by side, one of the guy in bed, one of the brother......looks to me they found it highly amusing.

They all look alike to me...

Where have I heard that before........