Snake in the house.

Hi all, it appears there's a snake living somewhere in my house, I don't live in it yet as there are a few things that still need to be completed. It still bothers me though as I don't know what kind of snake it is, I don't know where it's hiding and I don't know how to get rid if it.

A while ago I've seen it a few times hiding on a wall just below the roof, a little one back then, I haven't seen it for a while now but I haven't been working in the house often enough.

Just came back after being away for a few months and there's snake skin everywhere, one piece longer than the other so it looks like the same snake just groving up longer and longer.

It is now over 4 feet long, (4' and 2-3"). I took a few shots of the skin, which is inside out of course, and a few shots of the skin from its head.

Could someone help me identify it? Is it poisonous snake? How do I get rid of it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-111234-13746341767315_thumb.jpg

post-111234-13746341964296_thumb.jpg

post-111234-13746342103588_thumb.jpg

I have a golden tree snake living by my house, it's shed skin looks exactly the same as your pictures. Nothing to worry about

It looks to me like it's nothing to worry about too, it looks like it's got a lizard or gecko type head with no room in it for the fangs, but the problem is I don't know the kinds of snakes in Thailand.

Will google the golden tree snake pics, maybe I could recognize it if I see it again.

Thanks

Looks like a Golden Tree Snake. We have a lot of them where I live. They are mildly venomous though they are considered harmless because their toxicity is not dangerous to humans. I've been bitten numerous times trying to save the snake any any apppliances that were near them from the bamboo stick that my wife had trying to kill them.

A couple days ago my wife found a snake crawling across our living room floor in Isaan. After having a friend relocate the snake she suggested a spirit house be placed near our home to keep them away.

I have had several different types living in the house, always the roof. The larger ones are looking for mice and welcome to them. The small slim ones are tree snakes just dropping if for a snack and look around. Quite harmless but can be disconcerting to hear them slithering around overhead.

I had about a half dozen golden tree snakes in the add-on kitchen in my townhouse before I finally got all the entry points sealed, and for sure, that's what yours looks like. They are quite thin and very fast. Being tree snakes, they are good at scaling walls. But, as said, they are only "mildly poisonous" and are rear-fanged, so that in order to inject you the almost have to gnaw on a finger. Still, even though not lethal, nobody really wants snakes in their house!

Shurup,

did you ever find out what kind of snake that was?

No, not yet, didn't have time at all to sit on computer at home, will try to email tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oh, that was pretty quick! Got a reply already.

Golden tree snake or paradise tree snake is what it appears to be. I would say that is a 99% sure identification. I wouldnt want to ID just based on a snake skin. But it is nearly definite.

Cheers!

Anyone got anything on paradise tree snakes? Are they venomous?

If you want to narrow it down between the paradise and golden, you can get good close up pictures of each and compare the scale counts from your skin. Interocular scales etc. The shapes of the scales could also help. I bet there will be a distinction. I would work more with these scale counts than I would trying to ID by its reticulated patterns. It is probably a golden because the paradise doesn't get to 4 feet reportedly. I think they both have rear fangs, which is good. Essentially harmless either way, but I am sure it can be unnerving.