Bangkok early morning activity

bigworld

My friend has (what he calls) a holiday tomorrow. We westerns would just call it a free day, but that's beside the point. He asked me to think of something to do. So I'm planning on driving from Pattaya to Bangkok airport to park the car and have an early lunch. He might not share my passion for airports but hopefully he finds it interesting enough. After that take the train and bts to the hotel where we arrive around 12pm. I'm not a big shopper myself but I think it belongs to a bangkok trip so that's what we start with.

Hopefully after a power nap:

6:30PM we will enjoy the buffet and show at Siam Niramit. After the show I'll give him 3 choices. 1) See a movie in the VIP at Paragon Cineplex, something that I have never done myself and would like to experience. 2) go bowling 3) anything else he can think off. I realize that this might be going to the hotel and sleep :-)

The next morning we have to check out the hotel at 12pm and I thought that we could use the morning for a trip along the river. I understand that you can buy a ticket and are allowed to get on and off at each of the 8 stops along the way.

My question:

Any suggestions on where to get of the boat for an attraction?

http://www.chaophrayaexpressboat.com/en/tourist/

The boats leave from Taksin pier (Taksin BTS). I think it is still around 16B to get to Nontaburi. It is not a day ticket! Every time you get on the boat you have to pay so.. If you get on 8 times!

The boats leave from Taksin pier (Taksin BTS). I think it is still around 16B to get to Nontaburi. It is not a day ticket! Every time you get on the boat you have to pay so.. If you get on 8 times!

I did this last month, went up and took a look at the other "Bangkok Hilton" the cruise took about an hour each way and was great but very expensive at 15 Baht each way :0