Need help creating website

Dario

Are there any web designers among us who could help me setting up a simple webshop with Joomla? Creating one product page will help me. No flamers please, only serious people. I will remunerate the right person.

I would suggest pretty much anything but Joomla. If you want to build a small site yourself with minimal help or cheaply with help then Wordpress is the answer for ease of use and thorough documentation. It you need something more advanced than Wordpress then it is probably time to consider a proper shopping cart such as Opencart, Zencart, or Prestashop. If you need additional features not found in carts or you manage a lot of content then Drupal with a shopping cart such as Drupal Commerce or Ubercart would be likely be a good option. Joomla is a less capable CMS than Drupal and more difficult to work with than Wordpress leaving few situations where it is the right choice.

For a single product, Wordpress would probably be a good choice.

Edited by CPT
  • Like 1

I threw up a web page with ipage. Took me about one day. Wordpress is a snap. Cheap as chips and easy. You can do commerce and all with some extras. But I wanted the basics for photo sharing. I had a little programming experience but none is needed with workpress at all. ipage is a pretty good hosting site I think. Huge and fairly secure IMO.

www.birdsthatfart.com

Edited by garyk

I threw up a web page with ipage. Took me about one day. Wordpress is a snap. Cheap as chips and easy. You can do commerce and all with some extras. But I wanted the basics for photo sharing. I had a little programming experience but none is needed with workpress at all. ipage is a pretty good hosting site I think. Huge and fairly secure IMO.

www.birdsthatfart.com

Wow excellent bird pics.