schengen visa help

Hi. I wonder if any one can help me with some info on shegnen visa.

My girlfriend was given a 6 month UK tourist visa last month and we are coming UK next week, how easy would it be for her to get a schengen visa whilst in the UK or would it have been easier to apply back in Thailand? And what country would be the easiest to apply for? We are not certain if we will be travelling to Europe but if it wont be a problem to get a visa its always a possibility.

Also any one know the immigration rules for Gibraltar, will she be allowed to enter on her UK visa?

Thanks in advance for any answers that come back.

scott

No idea about applying in the UK, but you should apply at the country where you are going to stay the longest.

For example. If you want to travel from the UK to Spain and you want to spend 2 weeks in Spain and then go back to the UK,

you should apply at the Spanish Embassy as that is where you are the longest.

Ps: They normally want a full travel itinerary with Booked Accommodation.

About Gibraltar. Link: https://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/civil-status-and-registration-office

As a general rule, those who require a visa for entry to the UK also require a separate visa for entry to Gibraltar.

Applications should be made to any British Diplomatic Visa Issuing post in the applicant’s normal country of residence (British Embassy) or in the UK, the visa section of the UK Passport Office in London (by appointment only).

Persons who hold standard 6 month multiple visit visas are required to hold a separate visa for Gibraltar.

Edited by MJCM

She would need to apply in the country she is resident of, so Thailand, she cannot apply whilst visiting the UK.

For a Schengen visit visa she needs to apply at the consulate for the country which is her main destination or, if there is no main destination, the country where she first enters the Schengen Area. She also needs to supply confirmed hotel reservations for her time in Schengen as well as travel details.

Schengen visas must be applied for in the applicant's country of usual residence; so she cannot apply in the UK whilst in the UK as a visitor (someone may post saying that they have done it, but the rules have changed).

Note that a girlfriend is not a qualifying family member, therefore even though she will be traveling with you she will have to meet all the Schengen requirements and pay for her visa.

This is the page from the Spanish embassy in Bangkok.

Edit:

theoldgit beat me to it.

Edited by 7by7

Someone did say they got an NL visa in 24 hours, but I think it's too late even for that..

I think you are referring to this thread ?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/654296-my-schengen-visa-for-the-netherlands-processed-within-24-hours/

But indeed to get all the paperwork, Hotel booking etc etc and also the VFS appointment in order I also think it's too late for that.

thanks for everyone's input to this subject, there is some helpful info there.

and it is looking like we left it too late as we are coming over UK next week so not enough time for the visa application that was the reason i was asking about aplying in the uk, but nevermind.

thanks again