Farang Falls Off Building

lingyai

A farang fell off the 23rd floor of the Ratchaprarop Mansion (located off soi Ratchaprarop, 5 minutes from Victory Monument) building early in the morning. Maybe drunk or drugs involved. That is all the details I have now, will pass along more if I get them. One of the Thai news sites might have some more details.

Belgian man falls to death from Bangkok condo

BANGKOK: -- A 46-year-old Belgian man fell to his death from the 23rd floor of a Bangkok condominium Sunday morning in what police believed to be a suicide.

The man was identified as Otto J.F. Bourseaux, who lived on the 23rd floor of the Rajprarop Tower Mansion.

Police said the man had been staying at the condominium for five years with his Thai wife and they a son. But recently, the couple had quarrel with the wife, Yupin, left him to live with her relatives.

Police said the Belgian man might become depressed and commit suicide.

--The Nation 2006-04-09

Yes people commit suicide for all reasons, dont asume there is anything suspicious about it. Any time a farang does this sort of thing all the usual bullshit theories come out. Let him have some dignity in death and dont turn this thread in to some childish rant.

RIP, condolences to the family, a young boy now has no father.

Here is basic summary from this site:

http://www.thairath.co.th/offline.php?sect...ws&content=1926

In his room about 10 beers. He fell on to the roof of another building. His Thai wife left because he lied to her that he owns an import-export business but when she asked for money, he never gave it to her so she had to go back to her old job as a bar girl in Nana bar.

His wife said that he got money sending to him from abroad and she claimed that he's always drunk so finally she left him like a year ago and took the kid with her.

Sad indeed.

People who kill themselves are selfish IMO. Unless your ending your life because you have are dying of a painful desease or cancer.

Because your affecting your family and all the people around your life.

Its an easy way out.

Suicide, accident, final bill collection ...

I'll tell ya one thing, I've had many high floor accommodations, and even sober I rarely venture out on deck, with it's all of three feet barriers, I fall down enough at sea level thank you,

So just maybe, once in a while, it's not suicide or foul play, but a simple mishap in coordination ... who knows, :o

low balcony rails , floor to ceiling windows in bedrooms and living rooms , that open outwards with flimsy or non existent locks , slippery marble floors , ( and occupants with a high centre of gravity and an even higher alcohol level )

so many brand new and older high rise condos are all guilty of providing these easy to abuse features.

one slip , one beer too many , one push too hard on that cheap poorly aligned window catch , one stumble and you are finished.

the police will always log it as suicide , its easier for them and its easier for the landlord or condo company who avoid questions and lawsuits.

i dont believe the suicide theory in many of these cases that get reported.

People who kill themselves are selfish IMO. Unless your ending your life because you have are dying of a painful desease or cancer.

Because your affecting your family and all the people around your life.

Its an easy way out.

You should read a little about it.Being selfish is the last thing I would think a person is thinking before they "jump". normally these people are depressed.They have a mental illness.Calling them selfish is so far off the mark it's not funny.

Here is basic summary from this site:

http://www.thairath.co.th/offline.php?sect...ws&content=1926

He fell on to the roof of another building.

I hadn't read THAT before! I live in the top floor of the building next to his. I know we lost our power for a while after he jumped, but I assumed that he had landed on a nearby power line. I don't recall hearing anything, so, hopefully the poor fellow didn't land right on top of my apartment. :o