Scooter - Bangkok - which one?

Malthus101

Does the Nouvo SX have fuel injection? Saw one today, looks like a nice scooter.

I like the look of the older Nouvo Elegance bikes but I think they stopped making them and they are carb, right? So if Honda and Suzuki are going FI only then I'm sure Yamaha will too which means selling a carb bike might be harder in a years time when I leave.

Hmm...

#1 cause of death in Thailand is motorbike accidents. Yes, you can buy and drive one (generally need to show residency to buy/register it, or put it in someone else's name). The Thai DL takes about 2 days to get and the tests are complete BS, but doesnt cost much. Where a helmet and long pants (unless you like skin grafts) and drive as if there is a bounty on you and every Thai is trying to collect it. Driving motorbike at home for 22 years just barely qualified mt yo ride in BKK. Good luck.

Exactly ! The fun and convenience is not worth the risk !

Hey vtjforyou!

In the year 2012 - 7,784 fatal car accidents in Bangkok - you are not immune!

An amusing video of Russian road accidents (not graphic, just funny)

This is Thailand - can't be far off Russia in terms of road lunacy... Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-l4w-DIiXk

Your friend is stupid to advise how to die...

But maybe the idea of a lifetime wheelchair is worth the fun ? Up to you...

Are you the guy that lives down the street, wraps his body in cotton balls before he leaves the house, and makes sure that he does not step on a crack?

No, but I have a brain.

And i suspect no sense of adventure

Hospital adventure ? No thank you, I let it for you, my Benz gives me enough excitement :-)

So the OP comes on here asking for advise about getting a scooter for a 6 month stay and your advise is get a Benz ?

Your friend is stupid to advise how to die...

But maybe the idea of a lifetime wheelchair is worth the fun ? Up to you...

Are you the guy that lives down the street, wraps his body in cotton balls before he leaves the house, and makes sure that he does not step on a crack?

No, but I have a brain.

And i suspect no sense of adventure

Hospital adventure ? No thank you, I let it for you, my Benz gives me enough excitement :-)

So the OP comes on here asking for advise about getting a scooter for a 6 month stay and your advise is get a Benz ?

He's referring to this:

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2012/05/10/motorcycle-category/scooter/mercedes-benz-to-produce-smart-escooter-in-2014/