Phuket vs. Pattaya

grumpyoldman

Not sure if this is 2 different posts but hopefully I'm not repeating myself!

I definitely think Pattaya cheaper in the long run and more convenient.Greed is hurting Phuket IMHO !!!

Nice to see the Wizard's advice is still sought out upon occasion! Not so much as the days b4 Googling.

So I have been here for 9 months and April is the 10th.I really do enjoy and so does Flower the area in Naklua we live in , but we lost the use of the swimming pool, I never used it ,cause it wasn't handicap user friendly .But I still liked having it for guests who came to visit. Some problem of leaks and a giant water-bill .has caused the landlord not to repair the pool. Now its a mosquito breeding ground and a danger to children playing in the area. So ,I may look for another 2 bedroom starting in July , we only pay 8000 B rent , so not sure it will be easy to find a good deal like that . Anybody know of one PM me!

I'm also happy Flower doesn't have to drive over the mountain from Patong anymore. Sukumvitt Rd.is a little scary to drive on , but thats just all the roads in Thailand where people pay no attention to speed limits. Just need to be careful and watch out for the other guy.

Being near BKK and shopping is about the same , just more locations in Pattaya...

I do miss some good friends but not the Patong TukTuk drivers at all.

I liked the longer cool spells here in Dec.& Jan.,I hadn't lived up here since '93 !

I do miss not doing our frozen food biz and Deli in Patong , just wish we could have done it here!

So ,hope this answers and helps with your boredom!

It really is a apples or oranges kind of debate.Just remember ,its what you make of it and how you

handle all the madness in either place! Good Karma usually helps !

Time to hideout SangKran Fest is coming and Thailand is in a drought !

post-35854-0-79451300-1396888436_thumb.j

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this is 2 different posts but hopefully I'm not repeating myself!

I definitely think Pattaya cheaper in the long run and more convenient.Greed is hurting Phuket IMHO !!!

Nice to see the Wizard's advice is still sought out upon occasion! Not so much as the days b4 Googling.

So I have been here for 9 months and April is the 10th.I really do enjoy and so does Flower the area in Naklua we live in , but we lost the use of the swimming pool, I never used it ,cause it wasn't handicap user friendly .But I still liked having it for guests who came to visit. Some problem of leaks and a giant water-bill .has caused the landlord not to repair the pool. Now its a mosquito breeding ground and a danger to children playing in the area. So ,I may look for another 2 bedroom starting in July , we only pay 8000 B rent , so not sure it will be easy to find a good deal like that . Anybody know of one PM me!

I'm also happy Flower doesn't have to drive over the mountain from Patong anymore. Sukumvitt Rd.is a little scary to drive on , but thats just all the roads in Thailand where people pay no attention to speed limits. Just need to be careful and watch out for the other guy.

Being near BKK and shopping is about the same , just more locations in Pattaya...

I do miss some good friends but not the Patong TukTuk drivers at all.

I liked the longer cool spells here in Dec.& Jan.,I hadn't lived up here since '93 !

I do miss not doing our frozen food biz and Deli in Patong , just wish we could have done it here!

So ,hope this answers and helps with your boredom!

It really is a apples or oranges kind of debate.Just remember ,its what you make of it and how you

handle all the madness in either place! Good Karma usually helps !

Time to hideout SangKran Fest is coming and Thailand is in a drought !

attachicon.gifbb.jpg

So, after settling in, which place do you prefer, Phuket, or Pattaya?