Renewal of passport. Best way to inform D.I.A.C. AUS

Hi fella's the time has come for my missus to renew her passport before it expires.

It is the first time for us so we are a bit uncertain on a few thing's.She hold's a (granted provisional) resident visa in Australia Subclass 309

We will be renewing her passport in Bangkok and i want to know the best way to inform the department so she will not have any drama's when we return to Aus.

I know that we will have to fill out form 929 and submit a certified copy of her new passport

can anyone help me with this?

Where do i submit form 929 do i do this at the VFS office, or the embassy in Bangkok, or do i have to send it back to AUS???

Who can certify the copy of her new passport,can this be done at the VFS office or is there someone else who can do this???

Can someone who has done this before please advice me the best way to go about this

Thankyou

You must advise the department of any changes to your

passport details before and after a visa is granted to you.

This includes details of any new passport you obtain to replace

a passport that has expired or been lost/stolen/destroyed, and

any additional passport of another nationality you hold. The

details of any new passport that you provide will be linked to

your record on the department’s systems to facilitate your

travel. Where a new passport has been issued, a certified

copy of this passport must be submitted with this form.

Please use this form to advise of any change to your:

• address; and/or

• passport details.

Return the completed form to the office where you lodged your

application or if your visa has been granted, to the nearest office

of the department.

Hi there, I have not been in the same situation, but common sense tells me to ring the consular section at the Bangkok Embassy or better still go there to sort it out. I doubt they will ask you to send the passport to Australia.

The Australian Embassy has outsourced the handling of the paperwork involved in regard visa applications only before handing it to the Oz Embassy. The are only giving advice if any paperwork for a visa application is missing and do not make any decisions on the outcome of visa applications.

VFS certainly don't deal with any passport issues.

Hi there, I have not been in the same situation, but common sense tells me to ring the consular section at the Bangkok Embassy or better still go there to sort it out. I doubt they will ask you to send the passport to Australia.

The Australian Embassy has outsourced the handling of the paperwork involved in regard visa applications only before handing it to the Oz Embassy. The are only giving advice if any paperwork for a visa application is missing and do not make any decisions on the outcome of visa applications.

VFS certainly don't deal with any passport issues.

Thankyou For ure wisdom;

Since asking for advice i have e-mailed the Aus embassy in Bangkok for advice.

Just thought 1 of the member's here might have been in the same situation and can give me some advice and a head's up, in what to do.

I thought the passport issuer would update and link the new with old.

Wish it was as simple as that Krisb,

I sent an e-mail to the Aus embassy in Bangkok and they replied quickly with the correct procedure so i will post their response here as to be of help to someone else who need's to do the same, pretty straight forward really.

I refer to your email message on dated 29/07/2013 to Immigration Bangkok.
Regards to your concerns and questions below,
1. You can submit the F929 and copied of both old an new passport of your wife at the Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC) or VFS
2. VFS officer can do the certified true copy of the passport for you.
We will update your wife’s new passport details electronically into our system. Thus, as soon you wife has received her new passport issuing from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, she should visit VFS and submit the F929 & passport details to VFS officer.
The AVAC is located at:
Thai CC Tower
Unit 2 & 3, 34th Floor
889 South Sathorn Rd Yannawa
Bangkok 10120
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 16:00. Except public holidays. No appointment is needed. A service fee of 535 Thai baht is applicable.
Please note that the current processing time for the evidencing of visas is 2-3 working days. Please let me know if you have any further concerns or questions regards to this matter.
I hope this information would be of assistance.
Kind Regards,
  • Like 2