SHIPPING dog to Chiang Mai form Phuket

Can anyone help - Please! I will be moving from Phuket to Chiang Mai later this year. It is a very long drive in a medium car for my dog (29kg) so i was thinking of flying him as cargo. Anybody know how, who, cost etc. Thanks in advance.

IMHO I would take him with me in the car. I used to travel regularly to/from Nakhon Sawan to Samui,1000 kilometers, with my three Golden Retrievers. I would never submit them to the trama of shipping them as cargo anywhere if I could take them with me!

• Like 1

Our dogs are family, we travel together.

Arrange for your stuff to be boxed, sealed and shipped in a van

Take your dog in your car, break the journey into two days if necessary even if you insist on using a hotel/motel/short-time venue, to sleep there are options that will allow fido to be with you.

The only issue is to ensure that you purchase a proper harness.

Ours were about 250 Baht each for the large ones.

trixie_dog_car_harness.jpg

I converted the back seat of my truck into a bed eliminating the leg space. I didn't use any harnesses and I even had a litter of pups born on the way from Samui to NS. Some were born in the truck others at the rest area north of Chumphon with the last popping out on the ring road around Bangkok, 11 beautiful Goldens in all. I still have one male that is 11 years old.

I didn't use any harnesses and I even had a litter of pups born on the way from Samui to NS. Some were born in the truck others at the rest area north of Chumphon with the last popping out on the ring road around Bangkok, 11 beautiful Goldens in all. I still have one male that is 11 years old.

A Golden weighing +30Kg will both do and receive a lot of damage during an impact, I'm sure you are a perfect driver in all situations, yet there are many more Thais on the road than you and I have the scars to prove that some of them cause crashes. The word accident does not generally fully encompass the nature of such incidents.

Please don't be one of those people in denial that cling to the concept of "being thrown clear" in a crash, generally you have to go through laminated glass first and landing on a soft latex mattress is less likely than landing on a hard latex mistress, concrete and gravel are the given options at most crash sites.

Proudly claiming to drive a long distance without safely restraining your dogs is frankly as ludicrous as visiting every whore house in Patong without the use of condom and being equally publicly proud of the fact.

Would you let kids travel without a seat-belt these day?