Where to buy a replacement power supply for laptop

Sophon

Yesterday one of our dogs bit through the cord to the power supply/transformer for my GF's Toshiba laptop. It's a pretty standard 19v power supply, but the plug seems a little longer than usual. The two power supplies I have for our other laptops (Acer and Samsung) don't fit too well, as the plugs are not long enough.

So, where is a good place to buy a replacement power supply? It's a pretty old laptop that she got free when her last place of employment moved their operation to Singapore, so it's not worth paying too much for a new power supply. Used or generic version will do fine, as long as they fit the laptop. We live in Lamphun but come regularly to Chiang Mai, so shops in either city would be fine (of course, Lamphun would be preferred).

Thank you in advance for any information on good shops to find such things.

Sophon

Why buy an new power supply instead of repairing the cord? Is there some reason the cord can not be repaired?

It is bitten through all the way out at the plug, I don't know if it's possible to repair it. I will bring it with me, and see if someone will give it a go.

Sophon

Why buy an new power supply instead of repairing the cord? Is there some reason the cord can not be repaired?

It is bitten through all the way out at the plug, I don't know if it's possible to repair it. I will bring it with me, and see if someone will give it a go.

Sophon

Go down the one way street past the Prince Hotel, cross a little bridge, turn right at the T intersection and in the first shop houses on the left there is a guy that fixes electrical things. His shop is open to the street and easy to see, about 20 meters from the T. If the wire is short he may have to disfigure the plug to make the connection but so what. I bet he can fix it, he did a similar job for me and many others including coffee grinder, ultra sound devices, TV and DVD player. Reasonable prices, usually done in a day or two. Do not worry about what the shop looks like, the man does good work.

Sophon

Go down the one way street past the Prince Hotel, cross a little bridge, turn right at the T intersection and in the first shop houses on the left there is a guy that fixes electrical things. His shop is open to the street and easy to see, about 20 meters from the T. If the wire is short he may have to disfigure the plug to make the connection but so what. I bet he can fix it, he did a similar job for me and many others including coffee grinder, ultra sound devices, TV and DVD player. Reasonable prices, usually done in a day or two. Do not worry about what the shop looks like, the man does good work.

Edit: Be sure to let him know that you need that plug length in case he wants to change the plug.

Edited by Dante99