Best Internet provider in HH ?

jlguenard

Hello to all

Retiring in HH in 2 months (soi 91 near Khao Takiab) I would like to know what's the best isp in your opinion?

I use internet every day and would like to watch videos too

I've read here the worst about TOT, but what about others ?

And what about the price?

Thanks a lot !

In my view 3BB, I was with them for 7 years, they are currently in the process of putting Fiber optic cables around Hua Hin with a top speed of 30 MB I think and their customer service is excellent

I have just changed to TOT (already installed in my new house) they seem to be a bit behind speed wise and I have dealt with their customer service 3 times over the last week and it is piss poor

I'm on TOT and at least where I live out in Thap Tai it's very unreliable, though the customer service is not that bad. I called them up recently, asked them if they speak English and they gave me another number. I called the number and it was an automated machine with all the options in Thai...doh...

I recently asked 3BB in market village about their plans, they said they have 50 Mbps available and 100 Mbps fibre - prices started at around 5,000 per month - however another friend has 30 Mbps in soi 80 for around 1,200 per month.

Next time I move house I'm definitely placing location as the highest priority, as I rely on the Internet for lots of things - I recently had no service for 5 whole days (partly because there was a public holiday and they couldn't come out to check).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would say be careful of getting the 3BB's fiber service, we have it now (30mb) and, although when it's working its pretty fast, when it goes down they have to get people from Petchaburi to come and fix it as the technicians here haven't been trained and have no access to the special equipment needed. We have had the service now for 2 months and the line has been cut, usually they find the problem down over soi 102 so this then means that we are left without internet connection for 24 to 36 hrs. This has happened 4 times so far and is a real pain in the arse. We used to have true 20mb in our old house (soi 88) which was faultless and one which I would recommend. The only reason we didn't go for that again was that true aren't down our way as yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been quite pleased with TrueOnline's DOCSIS (cable) internet service: http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/packagedetail/234/พิเศษเซ็ตสุดคุ้ม_15_Mbps.แค่_899_บาท_เดือน_ชมฟรีทรูวิชั่นส์_72_ช่อง

I pay B899/month for 15Mbps/1.5Mbps advertised rate with 70+ free CATV channels (Knowledge package).

Often I will get speedtest.net results to Bangkok well in excess of 15Mbps, sometimes over 20Mbps. For multi-threaded downloads like torrents, I can reach > 2.0MBps download rate:

post-33251-0-93567900-1378796604_thumb.g

(2.4MBps = 19.2Mbps)

Sadly, though, I'm moving and TrueOnline (DOCSIS and ADSL) is not an option at my new address.

• 1 month later...

I guess this must all depend on what area of town you live in. I have read so much bad press about TOT on here and I have to say that is not my experience at all. I have had some problems lately, which turned out to be a problem with house wiring, not a TOT problem. Every time I called the help line (English press 9) it was answered almost immediately and the techs would be at my house usually within a couple hours. This last time I called because the download speed was very bad and a couple hours later the same 2 guys that always service my area (Hin Lek Fai) came by. They brought their laptop in and hooked it up to my router and there was over 12 mg download..... turns out the fault was my computer, a re-boot and all is back in order........with me having a bit of na dang sorry.gif

I really have no serious complaints about TOT

• Like 1