Tour Agency to Launch Airport Shuttle Bus

Tour Agency to Launch Airport Shuttle Bus

From The Myanmar Times

By Ei Ei Thu | Monday, 29 July 2013

Travellers flying in or out of Yangon International Airport will be able to take a shuttle bus to and from the airport starting in August.

The newly formed company, JTB Polestar, plans to offers a shuttle service for tourists connecting Yangon airport to a number of downtown locations, including hotels such as Parkroyal, Traders, Sedona and Chatrium. Tickets will cost US$10 one way and the company is planning to run eight shuttle buses, said vice president U Kyaw Min Htin.

JTB Polestar was established on May 9 as a joint venture between Myanmar Polestar Travel and Tours and JTB, a Japanese travel company.

Read the full article here: http://www.mmtimes.com/index.php/lifestyle/travel/7634-tour-agency-to-launch-airport-shuttle-bus.html

I noticed an AirAsia ad the other day talking about their flights to Yangon having a free shuttle between the airport and downtown.

I don't know the lay of the land there.

What's the deal about downtown - airport shuttle services for arriving passengers?

Do they not have taxis, tuk tuks or anything similar? Or is a safety issue, or what?

I noticed an AirAsia ad the other day talking about their flights to Yangon having a free shuttle between the airport and downtown.

I don't know the lay of the land there.

What's the deal about downtown - airport shuttle services for arriving passengers?

Do they not have taxis, tuk tuks or anything similar? Or is a safety issue, or what?

I am guessing you mean the free shuttle between Mandalay Airport and downtown Mandalay - this is the one advertised on the Air Asia site.

They do not have a shuttle in Yangon.

Taxis are a reasonable price in Yangon. About $10 or a little less to get from Yangon airport to your hotel downtown.

No tuk tuks there.

Yes.. thanks for the correction, SVB. That's what I was thinking of re AirAsia and Mandalay.

http://www.airasia.com/th/en/mandalay-shuttle-bus-service.page

Seeing the various mentions of airport shuttle services for Myanmar lately, it made me wonder if local transport there was somehow different.

For example, AFAIK, AirAsia doesn't offer free airport to downtown shuttles in most of the other cities where they operate.