Quality not quantity restaurants

Bcgardener

Have my eldest daughter here on uni holidays and it's her 21st birthday next week. As I live well out of Pattaya I am not up to date on the top notch restaurants there. Can anyone help? Need "silver service" style place with innovative western food, quality ingredients and great presentation. Impeccable service would be good but , hey this is Thailand so I can at least hope for something close. Big plates of food or buffets are not my style. quality is more important. Any ideas ?

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Glass House can set tables up, right on the beach. Nice.

post-172294-0-54931700-1375224573.jpg

Another impressive place is the Rimpa Lapin Seafood. Stunning property, perched on a hill with panoramic views.

post-172294-0-19832300-1375224427_thumb.

Edited by DiNiro

Cherry's is always good for quality food and the service is generally good. Wednesdays and Saturdays they have an "international" buffet with things like mussels, bacon wrapped filets, sushi, stuffed mushrooms, etc..

I have also been there on a Tuesday when they have a lamb special.

Sadly in my opinion you cannot really get the 'silver service' quality in Pattaya, perhaps outside some of the restaurants in the top couple of hotels.

I have been to most of the restaurants listed in this thread, and whilst i cannot really complain about the quality of food, i would not really rate them particularity highly- i just cannot shake that feeling that all the food is pre-prepared and some half bit cook is putting it all together, not to mention that the staff have the seaside holiday type of attitude which does not lend itself to high quality service.

If you really want silver service and innovative and high quality food, you really need to head into BKK.

• Like 1

As you are looking for "silver service" the list provided by TOQ is correct and you may also include The Grill Room at the Royal Cliff and depending on the number of guests you can book into the" wine cellar" in the Grill Room which is always a novel experience. The "set menu" is very good value for money and the house wines are also to be commended.

Cherry's is always good for quality food and the service is generally good. Wednesdays and Saturdays they have an "international" buffet with things like mussels, bacon wrapped filets, sushi, stuffed mushrooms, etc..

I have also been there on a Tuesday when they have a lamb special.

Best read the OP's post again and it is daughter's 21st bd.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifglass house.jpg

Another impressive place is the Rimpa Lapin Seafood. Stunning property, perched on a hill with panoramic views.

attachicon.gifrimpa-lapin.jpg

Rimpa Lapin has a great location. Food is pretty good also. But it's Thai food. And they don't take reservations. So anything on Friday or Saturday night can be tough.

What about one of the restaurants in the Royal Cliff? I've been for the Christmas buffet and it's very good. I've heard the other restaurants are quite good also.

I like Cafe des Amis. But haven't been to the others TOQ listed.

I think the Mantra is a good choice, while not exactly silver service the choice and service cannot be faulted. There are 7 open kitchens catering to a varity of tastes and you can see that the food is prepared fresh.

Check out their website which will give you a good feel for the place.

attachicon.gifglass house.jpg

attachicon.gifrimpa-lapin.jpg

Rimpa Lapin has a great location. Food is pretty good also. But it's Thai food. And they don't take reservations. So anything on Friday or Saturday night can be tough.

What about one of the restaurants in the Royal Cliff? I've been for the Christmas buffet and it's very good. I've heard the other restaurants are quite good also.

I like Cafe des Amis. But haven't been to the others TOQ listed.

The Grill Room at the Royal Clift gets very positive reviews on Trip Advisor.

You might consider some of these:

Mantra

Mata Hari

Burnos

Cafe de Amis

Au bon Coin

Hope this helps some. I'm sure others will add to the list.

I reckon the choice is somewhere in this list (albeit, none are "silver service"), to home in more each has a different character so you need to match your daughters style, Mantra is trendy, flashy, show-off style, Au Bon Coin is full of (French) character/quirkiness, of the lot I'd chose Cafe des Amis, modern and stylish but not over the top.

Thanks everyone for the info. I've been to most restaurants mentioned but not the grill room. However our family does not eat beef so that could be a little doubtful. I'm thinking possibly Mantra as it has a trendy vibe more suited to a 21 year old. Has anyone tried the restaurant at the top of the Hilton? I go to the Hilton often for Auscham functions and have been impressed but never up there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks everyone for the info. I've been to most restaurants mentioned but not the grill room. However our family does not eat beef so that could be a little doubtful. I'm thinking possibly Mantra as it has a trendy vibe more suited to a 21 year old. Has anyone tried the restaurant at the top of the Hilton? I go to the Hilton often for Auscham functions and have been impressed but never up there.

The Mantra is a good choice based solely on the food and service but if you want view and/or ambience then the Hilton or Rimpa would be a better bet.

• Like 1

Call Cafe des Amis & talk to the English boss. He'll take care of your needs & lay something special if you require it.

It a very good standard restaurant where you do actually feel as though you are being specially catered for.

Make sure the wallet is full. No free lunch there ;)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I showed my daughter the Web sites for Mantra with all the different kitchens and she loved it, so choice is made. Also good for my wife as she is addicted to Chinese BBQ duck.

I looked at the restaurant on the top floor of the Hilton and it looked promising but she thought it was too posh for her. Menu on the Web site looked very good but it would be for a special occasion as I think food and wine could run 5K a head especially if you have a taste for lobster and champagne.

Cafe des Amis, only one place worth thinking about for such an evening!! Give them a call, or pop in and ask to speak to Blu (British guy).

This place wipes the floor with the other so called high end eateries!!

• Like 1

Cafe des Amis, only one place worth thinking about for such an evening!! Give them a call, or pop in and ask to speak to Blu (British guy).

This place wipes the floor with the other so called high end eateries!!

I agree whole heartedly about Cafe Des Amis but would also recommend The Grill Room (not just beef) at The Royal Cliff, call ahead and let them know its a special occasion.

I looked at the restaurant on the top floor of the Hilton and it looked promising but she thought it was too posh for her. Menu on the Web site looked very good but it would be for a special occasion as I think food and wine could run 5K a head especially if you have a taste for lobster and champagne.

You will probably spending the same amount at the Mantra.

Last time I went it was about 5k a head with drinks.

Nice cocktails there especially like the daquiris.

Why not glasshouse on the beach ? (but it's outside pattaya at NAA JOMTIEN)

We had a regional seminar in Pattaya and took the group of 30 to Glasshouse. The service was very poor and the food so so.

Yes, Glasshouse is pretty poor.

Mata Hari my favourite treat.

You might consider some of these:

Mantra

Mata Hari

Burnos

Cafe de Amis

Au bon Coin

Hope this helps some. I'm sure others will add to the list.

I reckon the choice is somewhere in this list (albeit, none are "silver service"), to home in more each has a different character so you need to match your daughters style, Mantra is trendy, flashy, show-off style, Au Bon Coin is full of (French) character/quirkiness, of the lot I'd chose Cafe des Amis, modern and stylish but not over the top.

What exactly is this "silver service" thing? Is this where the service staff are expected to lick your arse, grovel at your feet...what exactly? Sometimes service can be too at tentative that it gets annoying...like at the royal cliff one time, every time I took a sip of water, the staff would come over and top up my glass?..give me a break!

Of the places mentioned, Mata Hari would be my choice. The food at mantra is so-so, with high prices and a precious attempt to be hi-so hipsters (both the staff and patrons).

Just returned from our evening at Mantra. Very enjoyable and great atmosphere. The food varied from okay to very good. Some prices I thought over the top (520 baht for 6 tempura prawns) while others were good value (Indian lamb dish 450 baht). The service was attentive and discreet but the food came a little too quickly, probably due to an almost empty restaurant. All in all a pleasant evening enjoyed by my daughter on her birthday. Total bill 6800 baht for 4 people including pre dinner drinks and a good bottle of Aussie wine. We even had a good size '' doggy bag'' to take home.

Unfortunately, BC, I've only just spotted this thread, or I would have suggested a night cruise dinner. This is what I arranged for my daughter's 21st a couple of years ago up in Bkk. - along the Chao Phraya. could have chosen a better service, and could have done without a certain tour group, but overall it was excellent. My daughter and her friends who came up from our country just for the occasion were very happy. Just thought I'd drop that in for others to consider and discuss.

Unfortunately, BC, I've only just spotted this thread, or I would have suggested a night cruise dinner. This is what I arranged for my daughter's 21st a couple of years ago up in Bkk. - along the Chao Phraya. could have chosen a better service, and could have done without a certain tour group, but overall it was excellent. My daughter and her friends who came up from our country just for the occasion were very happy. Just thought I'd drop that in for others to consider and discuss.

Can you be a bit more specific please WwW?